Help from this draft-class is already fading (Williams DUI)

Ronin

Lawson out and unlikely to contribute much if at all this season, Karlos showing up to camp as if he just came from a two-month all-u-can-eat buffet, Shady with an injury of the type that lingers throughout the season, Watkins' status completely indeterminable, and now Jonathon Williams facing a suspension for DWI.

Even if Tyrod does step it up, huge questions exist as to the weapons he'll actually have at his disposal this season. Poor guy, this appears to be one of the weakest supporting casts in franchise history. Besides being largely unproven (Karlos, Williams, Lawson), there's zero quality depth.

The "victory in the offseason" is actually manifesting itself more towards netting us a top-5/10 draft pick than it is a .500 record much less anything better.

Doesn't seem as if JW had character issues coming in tho.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said this years draft but then added in players that were either previously drafted or traded for.

Lawson and Williams are the only ones worth mentioning of your going by the title of your own thread.

And I don't think the NFL will suspend Williams for a DWI. Has anyone ever been suspended for a DWI in the league? I'm asking seriously as I don't know. But I just don't see it happening.

That leaves Lawson. Sure, he'll miss some time and camp and all that but he will get on the field after about the first quarter of the season. I'm not saying it won't have effected him, but hopefully he can produce right about the time Kyle Williams always gets hurt.

Lawson out and unlikely to contribute much if at all this season, Karlos showing up to camp as if he just came from a two-month all-u-can-eat buffet, Shady with an injury of the type that lingers throughout the season, Watkins' status completely indeterminable, and now Jonathon Williams facing a suspension for DWI.

Even if Tyrod does step it up, huge questions exist as to the weapons he'll actually have at his disposal this season. Poor guy, this appears to be one of the weakest supporting casts in franchise history. Besides being largely unproven (Karlos, Williams, Lawson), there's zero quality depth.

The "victory in the offseason" is actually manifesting itself more towards netting us a top-5/10 draft pick than it is a .500 record much less anything better.

Doesn't seem as if JW had character issues coming in tho.

Jonathan Williams was arrested this morning in Arkansas for DUI. Let's not hold our breath.

Jonathan Williams was arrested this morning in Arkansas for DUI. Let's not hold our breath.

Nothing from college tho, correct? I couldn't find anything. That's all I meant. Granted, he sat out a year, still.

You said this years draft but then added in players that were either previously drafted or traded for.

Lawson and Williams are the only ones worth mentioning of your going by the title of your own thread.

Those are pretty key players to be missing time. Many Buffalo-oriented thinking that JW had possibilities. I don't to be honest, hardly a game-breaker and he missed last season and won't have played for two seasons, but given Shady's hammy, Karlos and JW were the odds-on faves to back him up.

Not sure whether JW will be suspended or not, but it sure also doesn't help his chances of making the team, especially if he's not that good to begin with during preseason as I suspect.

The players from previous drafts or traded for are the reasons why the other players mentioned are relevant. Except for Lawson of course who's supposed to replace Mario.

Read a piece yesterday, probably linked on the front page, about how the Bills' D has more talent this year than last and a prediction of 9 wins. Not seeing that. I see less talent, particularly with Lawson out. Ragland has issues in coverage and Washington is overrated IMO but either way will be a depth player, not a starter anyway as he has far more talent ahead of him on the depth chart, so his contributions even if he's good will be limited.

Anyway, I see a less talented D this year so far and injuries haven't even accumulated.

Nothing from college tho, correct? I couldn't find anything. That's all I meant. Granted, he sat out a year, still.

That I don't know. I really only follow the Big Ten and then the teams in major bowl games. My general perception is that there's more bad seeds in the SEC than other conferences, but that's about it.