What hours do you work?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Illinois we still have shipping & heavy industry... Product has to get to market somehow. We have this:

But, we also have this too right alongside heavy industry:

I was just teasing. Sounded like that mooring line was ready to snap, wouldn't want to be holding it if it did. When I was in the navy they showed us training videos of where the line broke, not pretty, lots of broken legs or worse.

Mostly trucks out here, every once in blue moon we use a train but it has to be big. We used use trains all the time and still have some of the old tracks in the factory but that was a loooong time ago.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Let us know how this goes. I have my doubts about whether you will end up taking these naps. But if you can pull it off, it will be a great schedule!

Well last night was great.

Finished my first new early shift at 2:30, got home at 3:10 and was alone until 6 and had a great nap from 3:30-5

CBF

8:00am-3:30pm (9:00am-4:30pm when I have to cover later reports) M-F with a half hour lunch that I rarely take. If I catch a report late in the day or have a late home visit scheduled I'll clock some overtime. I'm on call while the office is closed (CPS never sleeps) usually two days in a row once per month. I'll usually clock somewhere between 10 and 20 hours of overtime while on call. 15 minute commute currently, end of the month I'll be moving and will have a 10 minute walk to work.

Edited by LeviF91

8:00am-3:30pm (9:00am-4:30pm when I have to cover later reports) M-F with a half hour lunch that I rarely take. If I catch a report late in the day or have a late home visit scheduled I'll clock some overtime. I'm on call while the office is closed (CPS never sleeps) usually two days in a row once per month. I'll usually clock somewhere between 10 and 20 hours of overtime while on call. 15 minute commute currently, end of the month I'll be moving and will have a 10 minute walk to work.

Lucky

CBF

Well last night was great.

Finished my first new early shift at 2:30, got home at 3:10 and was alone until 6 and had a great nap from 3:30-5

CBF

Well I was looking for research that would say this isn't a healthy way of managing sleep but what I found was the opposite...enjoy.

I work in the office at a small manufacturing plant. Guys in back work 6:00a-4:30p, Monday-Thursday. I usually come in around 8:00 and eat my lunch at my desk so I don't take a lunch break. Summer's and winter's are my easy schedule.

Fall: I coach football so I will leave around 3:15 and coach until about 6:30, Monday-Thursday. Friday, I will usually pick up a substituting job during the day and coach 3:30-6:30 in the evening. Saturday's are game day for JV and Varsity so I'm usually gone 7:00a-6:00p.

Spring: I coach baseball so very similar to my football practice schedule except game days last until about 8:00-8:30p. Practices on Saturday and voluntary batting cage Sunday mornings all season.

My schedule is very sporadic but I really enjoy the change from season to season.