Andrew Luck signs new contract with Colts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early indication say it is bigger then Flaccos $22.1 per year.

#Colts QB Andrew Luck's 5-year extension pays him $75M over the first 3 years, source said. Slightly less over final 2 years.

Andrew Luck takes new crown of highest player in NFL history. Let's see how long it lasts.

Sal Capaccio (@SalSports) tweeted at 3:30 PM on Wed, Jun 29, 2016:

Unofficially, I believe 11 NFL QBs are now making $20M or more per season average. 17 of them are making $18M or more. Amazing.

(https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/748237240564916225?s=03)

Amazing??--NFL QBs getting 20 million? Sal must not follow sports much.

The Lakers just signed Timofey Mozgov to a 4 year 64 million dollar deal. Dallas signed Chandler Parsons to a 4 year 96 million dollar deal. The Wizards are about to sign Bradley Beal to a 5 year 128 million deal.

Sal should read the sports section more.

What a bunch of absolute nonsense. He's carried sub-par teams to the playoffs his first 3 years in the league. That rookie team he was on was the worst team in football the previous year. He's started 55 games and played under 5 different centers. Yes, five -- that's a QB's nightmare. He has a GM that has previously ignore the OL and inexplicably surrounds him with old talent that needs to be put out to pasture (A. Johnson, F. Gore).

LOL. Kim Jung QB can do no wrong. You are so right. It is amazing how he has dismantled the Titans, Jags and Texans during his all glorious career. His endless turnovers every time he plays a real team are the obvious result of his benevolence to those unworthy of his greatness. Matt Hasselbeck having a better year for the Colts in 2015 reveal that merely standing near Kim Jung QB on the sidelines is a veritable fountain of youth. All hail Kim Jung QB.

What a bunch of absolute nonsense. He's carried sub-par teams to the playoffs his first 3 years in the league. That rookie team he was on was the worst team in football the previous year. He's started 55 games and played under 5 different centers. Yes, five -- that's a QB's nightmare. He has a GM that has previously ignore the OL and inexplicably surrounds him with old talent that needs to be put out to pasture (A. Johnson, F. Gore).

Hmmmmm....weird thing though, the same team he "carries" into the playoffs is the same team around him when he PERSONALLY tanks in those very said playoffs. I don't care that he beats up on bad teams (he plays in what has been a terrible division during his career), when he gets to the playoffs he has stunk PERSONALLY...not that his team failed him, he literally has been not very good and substantially lower than what he did with the exact same roster in the exact same year during the regular season. He has NEVER had more TD's than turnovers in ANY of the 3 playoff years.

Then on a team expected to contend for a SB, he severely regressed...you blame AJ and Gore, yet somehow the 97 year old Matt Hasselbeck with the SAME roster out played Luck and the Colts were a slightly better team with Matt in there. I am not saying Matt is better than Luck, but you can't blame the roster around him when another ancient QB performs better with the same roster.

And lets face it, Luck was the 24th ranked QB in Total QBR and the 32nd ranked QB in traditional QB Rating...he was one of the worst performing QBs last year BEFORE he got hurt. So to just say its not his fault and its everyone else's is ridiculous. He is a turnover machine and if he doesn't fix that how is he any going to ever be an Elite QB? He's been paid like he's Brady but his playoff performance and turnovers look more like Cutler.

Personally, I think Luck will get better and he needs help...but there are no guarantees of that and to pay him that much money means thats less help you can give him. So while I totally get while the Colts paid him and had to pay him, its a risky contract considering he regressed last year and has a poor playoff history.

Edited by Alphadawg7

All this debate...is he good is he not? Facts is, I would take him with this contract in a heart beat. If the Colts wanted to trade TT for Luck, straight up including contract who here says no?

All this debate...is he good is he not? Facts is, I would take him with this contract in a heart beat. If the Colts wanted to trade TT for Luck, straight up including contract who here says no?

No. Bills could not afford contract currently even with Colts being responsible for signing bonus.

a good reason to try and sign TT now, even if taking a risk...

Let a Gilmore deal ride for now and sign TT for 14-15 m and be done with it ?

TT is possibly going to raise the bar again for QBs paydays.

I think Bills will try to get something done midseason. But if TT hits his stride ( i think he will ) he is going to want the bank driven up to his house !

He will likely want closer to twenty with plenty guaranteed.

If he looks like he has put it together preseason I might want to take the risk of getting some bargain. But i just do not think Taylor will sign.

Kinda fun to think about this " problem"

Me for one.

Very seriously too. and not because of the money.

He's all that they have. That FO has been horrible at adding talent, with the exception of the Luck pick that they tanked for.

I hear they totally fleeced some sad team in a deal to acquire that perennial all-pro linebacker Kelvin Sheppard....

Kinda fun to think about this " problem"

Me for one.

Very seriously too. and not because of the money.

I agree it's a fun problem to have, but you and Kirby surprise me sometimes. I'll take Luck WITH the big contract. I like TT a lot, but I haven't seen enough and I worry about his durability, especially given his playing style.

I think I heard Luck will get less over the next 3 (5?) years than if he was franchised each year. I forget the numbers, but the NFL network on Sirius thought the Colts got off cheap. I haven't looked deeply into it, so I don't know. But I do know QB's go up every year and Luck will get another contract while still in his prime.

I agree it's a fun problem to have, but you and Kirby surprise me sometimes. I'll take Luck WITH the big contract. I like TT a lot, but I haven't seen enough and I worry about his durability, especially given his playing style.

I think I heard Luck will get less over the next 3 (5?) years than if he was franchised each year. I forget the numbers, but the NFL network on Sirius thought the Colts got off cheap. I haven't looked deeply into it, so I don't know. But I do know QB's go up every year and Luck will get another contract while still in his prime.

Oh, The Colts did the right thing Financially and for the Team.

In regard to durabilty and playing style you might consider Luck a concern too.

Maybe not to the extreme as Taylor.

Both teams are trying to reign in that running style from their respective QBs !