Police Shamelessly cite Terrorism in Patrolling Private Lots

Fingon

Once everyone is "chipped" and monitored in real time, with the system integrated into local stingrays, we will finally be safe. A kill switch for shutting down people with bad intentions would revolutionize law enforcement. Unarmed sanitation workers could then remove the would be problems quietly and without gun-fire. A true Utopia.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, if you aren't breaking the law who cares if the law comes looking around. This is not like they are coming into your house behind closed doors. This is them looking around a tailgate site where people are mixing together in a public setting. All for keeping the rest of us a little safer. It's going to happen, just a matter of when and where. There will be an incident similar to the airport attacks at a sporting event on American soil. I hope and pray not, but people will try. Why not help our law enforcement stop it?

As funny as the videos are and all, Bills tailgates could use a little hall monitoring. Some of the people at them are there just to get drunk. They couldn't tell you 5 players that are on the current team.

Look, if you aren't breaking the law who cares if the law comes looking around.

I hate this logic, where does it stop then? Police searching each car as they enter the area? "If you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear" isn't the right way to look at this. I'm not against the tailgating being less rowdy but there needs to be a better way to go about it than just saying cops can go on someone's property if they want to be allowed to let people park there.

I was going to come in here and post this.

Basically if you don't cooperate the Bills can just pull the rug out from under you completely.

So which would you rather have, a police presence to ensure safety of your "Patrons" and yourself/ your property or no patrons at all.

Look, if you aren't breaking the law who cares if the law comes looking around. This is not like they are coming into your house behind closed doors. This is them looking around a tailgate site where people are mixing together in a public setting. All for keeping the rest of us a little safer. It's going to happen, just a matter of when and where. There will be an incident similar to the airport attacks at a sporting event on American soil. I hope and pray not, but people will try. Why not help our law enforcement stop it?

As funny as the videos are and all, Bills tailgates could use a little hall monitoring. Some of the people at them are there just to get drunk. They couldn't tell you 5 players that are on the current team.

This post makes me realize there should be a like option on this site.

Well said

I wouldn't even go that far. I am going when someone gets Slammed though a table, but messes up a bit and a broken neck is suffered.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/22/orchard-park-board-discusses-proposal-for-police-access-to-private-parking-lots-on-game-days-at-stadium/

Bull ****, we all know the primary reason is that you don't want people destroying folding tables on youtube. It's pretty shameful that they would use the guise of terrorism to justify stopping people from breaking tables. No one was talking about this before a year ago. Let's go back a little bit and see what Mark Poloncarz had to say last season:

http://wivb.com/2016/01/04/county-officials-react-to-bills-fan-behavior/

I agree 100%

I hate this logic, where does it stop then? Police searching each car as they enter the area? "If you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear" isn't the right way to look at this. I'm not against the tailgating being less rowdy but there needs to be a better way to go about it than just saying cops can go on someone's property if they want to be allowed to let people park there.

You hate that logic because it's been the logic used by dictators and police states throughout history.

It's anti-American. It fundamentally undercuts the way our legal system and constitution was designed to work.

This post makes me realize there should be a like option on this site.

Well said

Look. If you're not breaking the law you have nothing to be afraid of:

https://gma.yahoo.com/know-man-minnesota-police-killed-traffic-stop-151906909--abc-news-topstories.html

Right?

Right?

Broken tail light. Inform cops of your legally licensed to carry weapon. Told to get your ID. Executed. Introducing cops to the hectic situation of private lots is probably a danger to the public. It's alot for them to handle. The deceased mans girlfriend is calmer than the cop. So is the 3 year old in the back seat.

Edited by Billschinatown

This is also a valid statistic for this discussion:

You are 55 times more likely to be killed by the police than a terrorist.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/03/youre-55-times-likely-killed-police-officer-terrorist.html

This is America. This is not a police state like China or Iran. I hope it remains that way.

Edited by Billschinatown

Look. If you're not breaking the law you have nothing to be afraid of:

https://gma.yahoo.com/know-man-minnesota-police-killed-traffic-stop-151906909--abc-news-topstories.html

Right?

Right?

Broken tail light. Inform cops of your legally licensed to carry weapon. Told to get your ID. Executed. Introducing cops to the hectic situation of private lots is probably a danger to the public. It's alot for them to handle. The deceased mans girlfriend is calmer than the cop. So is the 3 year old in the back seat.

as a law enforcement officer I'm sure I'll just get labeled a racist or pos or something else but you weren't there and you have no idea of the severity of the situation. Just because the woman says he was calmly reaching for his ID doesn't mean it's true. Just because you didn't see a weapon doesn't mean one wasn't there. And just because the individual seemed like a good person doesn't make it so.

Until civilians walk in the shoes of law enforcement with people all around trying to break the law, etc... You don't have a clue. Anyone can Monday morning qb a situation and find wrong doing or another way out. But at the time the officer felt like his life or the lives of innocent people were on the line and he acted.

Does that mean there aren't pos cops out there? Sure, unfortunately we only hear about them. Not the good ones that truly are super heroes.

Say whatever you want. I'm done with this one.

as a law enforcement officer I'm sure I'll just get labeled a racist or pos or something else but you weren't there and you have no idea of the severity of the situation. Just because the woman says he was calmly reaching for his ID doesn't mean it's true. Just because you didn't see a weapon doesn't mean one wasn't there. And just because the individual seemed like a good person doesn't make it so.

Until civilians walk in the shoes of law enforcement with people all around trying to break the law, etc... You don't have a clue. Anyone can Monday morning qb a situation and find wrong doing or another way out. But at the time the officer felt like his life or the lives of innocent people were on the line and he acted.

Does that mean there aren't pos cops out there? Sure, unfortunately we only hear about them. Not the good ones that truly are super heroes.

So it's likely this dude with no criminal history and not on drugs decided that it was time to go postal? Please.

This isnt freddy gray who was dealing drugs. This isnt the kid that just robbed a convience store. This is a regular dude with a license to carry a gun that was executed because an incompetent police officer was scared. End of story.

You dont have sympathy for the victim. It's a bunch of excuses about how it was probably the victims fault and that cops have a scary job. I hope that makes this mans family feel better.

It's not about race. It's about incompetence.

Also im a civilian? What are you? A super civilian? Please explain the difference in our citizenship.

Edited by Billschinatown

So it's likely this dude with no criminal history and not on drugs decided that it was time to go postal? Please.

This isnt freddy gray who was dealing drugs. This isnt the kid that just robbed a convience store. This is a regular dude with a license to carry a gun that was executed because an incompetent police officer was scared. End of story.

You dont have sympathy for the victim. It's a bunch of excuses about how it was probably the victims fault and that cops have a scary job. I hope that makes this mans family feel better.

It's not about race. It's about incompetence.

Also im a civilian? What are you? A super civilian? Please explain the difference in our citizenship.

This thread has been able to stay out of PPP. Can you please go there to talk about this shooting, as it's not related to the topic of the thread at all? Many of us don't go to PPP and don't want to see this thread shipped there. Thanks.

again, without being there you have no idea what the situation looked like. For all you know he could have made a sudden move to give the cop an impression he was reaching for his weapon. You don't know. And just because the guy doesn't have a criminal record and is a liscensed gun owner doesn't make him a saint. It might just mean he's never been caught. But that doesn't seem to be the case in this situation or so we are expected to believe. But the cop wouldn't know that within 1 minute of a traffic stop would he.

If he was shot for reaching for his ID then it's a rough day for everyone involved. But too many times police advise someone on something to do, for everyone's safety; and people refuse to listen. I'm not saying this is the case here. But nobody knows at this point.

The cop says he was scared for his life, the woman says he was an innocent man reaching for his wallet. When you become a cop and are judged on a 1 second decision, for yours and everyone else's life around you, I'll respect your opinion on the matter. Until then, go back to doing office work or flipping burgers or whatever the hell it is that you do.

There. Now I'm done.

Edited by mrags

again, without being there you have no idea what the situation looked like. For all you know he could have made a sudden move to give the cop an impression he was reaching for his weapon. You don't know. And just because the guy doesn't have a criminal record and is a liscensed gun owner doesn't make him a saint. It might just mean he's never been caught. But that doesn't seem to be the case in this situation or so we are expected to believe. But the cop wouldn't know that within 1 minute of a traffic stop would he.

If he was shot for reaching for his ID then it's a rough day for everyone involved. But too many times police advise someone on something to do, for everyone's safety; and people refuse to listen. I'm not saying this is the case here. But nobody knows at this point.

The cop says he was scared for his life, the woman says he was an innocent man reaching for his wallet. When you become a cop and are judged on a 1 second decision, for yours and everyone else's life around you, I'll respect your opinion on the matter. Until then, go back to doing office work or flipping burgers or whatever the hell it is that you do.

There. Now I'm done.

It is what it is. Keep up the good work super civilian. I'll go back to flipping burgers in my cublice; or as you would call it the less important work. Thanks comrade.

This thread has been able to stay out of PPP. Can you please go there to talk about this shooting, as it's not related to the topic of the thread at all? Many of us don't go to PPP and don't want to see this thread shipped there. Thanks.

sorry Roger

I just don't understand the terrorism rationale in terms of - what exactly do they expect the police to see by walking around the private lots?

Jihadists gathered around a Pinto loading up their vests with explosives?

Wouldn't they just do that in a port-a-john to avoid detection?

And wouldn't it be more effective to simply eavesdrop on all cell phone traffic to listen for foreign accents talking about how Rex is gonna "blow up"?

wait...you think terrorists are going to attack a private parking lot of a sporting event over the public lots or the event itself?

Edited by jeremy2020

Did you even read the article