Police Shamelessly cite Terrorism in Patrolling Private Lots

Fingon

How long have you owned the property

Since 2002. When originally bought it was a form of commercial zoning as my property was a former business. I'm in between Southwestern and Milestrip. I'll check with the town this week to confirm my zoning. Can't make the meeting this Wednesday as I will be out of town, so please keep me posted Hammer, thanks.

Table slaming goes on in the stadium lots. Where was the Whizzer bat guy (first dead spin video which got the ball rolling) Stadium Bus Lot. Russ Brandon pr err bs makes it sound like it's all in the neighborhood lots. Not true. Go watch the classic Bills Army video on YouTube. The bills cultivated the anything goes culture. When they went to the Disney style parking some not all of that culture went to the neighboring lots.

If you go to the E code book for the town of Orchard Park R-3 R-4 uses section No where does it say you can park cars for $$$. In 2011 the town board passed a law allowing parking on residential property which might not be legal. But the town allows it, and they can take it away just as easy. I can't wait to hear you speak at the next town board meeting July 6 2016 7pm town hall don't be late!

Police access is for all police depts not just Orchard Park.

More BS goes on in the stadium lots. The private lots are generally better run because you have the property owner (people like Hammer and I) who are there for the whole duration and keeping an eye on things and actually know their parkers.

Edited by Abbott Rd Joe

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what law enforcement agency would be patrolling lots? Homeland Security because this issue has stemmed from the threat of terrorism? Sheriffs are the major law enforcement presence on game day. I don't think the OP Town Board has consulted law enforcement enough on this. I do like what I hear from Michael Sherry whom also is former law enforcement.

Buffalo News:

"Michael J. Sherry, a board member and former assistant police chief, raised concerns about people losing their Fourth Amendment right to be protected against unreasonable search and seizure."

the argument isn't about whether or not the Sheriffs want anything to do with it. They're not he the ones patrolling the lots anyway.

The argument is that you have no say over them coming into your lot on game day. Which you don't. You openly invite them in if you are providing a public place for people to park and drink/party/tailgate.

You property is not private if your charging money to park there. It automatically makes it public. Either way, it automatically gives the police a right to walk your property or search. Whichever they feel like doing.

I'd love to be there to hear you tell them to F-off. Id imagine it won't go well for you.

So what law enforcement agency would be patrolling lots? Homeland Security because this issue has stemmed from the threat of terrorism? Sheriffs are the major law enforcement presence on game day. I don't think the OP Town Board has consulted law enforcement enough on this. OP Police Department doesn't have the staff to handle this entire thing. I do like what I hear from Michael Sherry whom also is former law enforcement.

Buffalo News:

"Michael J. Sherry, a board member and former assistant police chief, raised concerns about people losing their Fourth Amendment right to be protected against unreasonable search and seizure."

So what law enforcement agency would be patrolling lots? Homeland Security because this issue has stemmed from the threat of terrorism? Sheriffs are the major law enforcement presence on game day. I don't think the OP Town Board has consulted law enforcement enough on this. I do like what I hear from Michael Sherry whom also is former law enforcement.

Buffalo News:

So what law enforcement agency would be patrolling lots? Homeland Security because this issue has stemmed from the threat of terrorism? Sheriffs are the major law enforcement presence on game day. I don't think the OP Town Board has consulted law enforcement enough on this. OP Police Department doesn't have the staff to handle this entire thing. I do like what I hear from Michael Sherry whom also is former law enforcement.

Buffalo News:

When Mike Sherry spoke in support of the police access for the "permit needed " commercial lots he said it was needed so the police could make sure there was enough Restrooms on site!!!!!! I'm guessing former doctor office or ice cream business? Write up a letter, drop it off at my house and I'll read it at the town board meeting on your behalf. The bills say they are working with the neighbors (what nope ??) concerning the new parking rules. The bills said there is going to be a meeting with the neighbors to discuss the new rules. I heard of no date, location have you joe? Edited by Hammered a Lot

When Mike Sherry spoke in support of the police access for the "permit needed " commercial lots he said it was needed so the police could make sure there was enough Restrooms on site!!!!!! I'm guessing former doctor office Abbott Joe?

I think I read that terrorists are very picky about where they pee.

I could be wrong....

When Mike Sherry spoke in support of the police access for the "permit needed " commercial lots he said it was needed so the police could make sure there was enough Restrooms on site!!!!!! I'm guessing former doctor office or ice cream business? Write up a letter, drop it off at my house and I'll read it at the town board meeting on your behalf. The bills say they are working with the neighbors (what nope ??) concerning the new parking rules. The bills said there is going to be a meeting with the neighbors to discuss the new rules. I heard of no date, location have you joe?

Hammer - I have not heard of any news on discussing this with the neighbors. You're probably in the loop more than I. I'll direct message you through this forum with my contact info to see how I can get you a letter. Thanks.

Buffalo News:

Buffalo News:

Maybe it's because I'm tired and beat from working 16 hours. Are you implying that the Sheriffs aren't interested in policing the lots? And that homeland security will be the ones tasked with this? If that's what your saying, I could argue both ways about it.

1. The Sheriffs absolutely would love to take on the task of working private lots in the name of counter terrorism. It's a days worth of overtime for sitting there watching drunk idiots. Which is unlikely because sheriffs aren't really equipped for counter terrorism.

2. Homeland security would be on board with the same thing.

3. If homeland security is the department takes with this whole thing, why is anyone worried about their private lot parties being broken up by law enforcement? Homeland security won't be going around arresting people for drunken powerbombing some other drunk idiot through a flaming table. Thy will stand there and collect their double time and make sure nobody pulls out a sleeping and gets stupid.

Again, maybe your argument is over my head. Maybe it's because I'm freaking beat. But I just don't see either as being an issue.

Abbott or Hammered.

I'm just curious. Do you make people sign a waiver when they park on your lot saying you are not liable for any personal injury or property damage?

What does this have to do with police access? Count I'm curious when you have company over at your house do you greet them at their car and have them sign a waiver?

For those talking DHS patrols of private lots--relax, DHS will want nothing to do with this.

DHS won't want to be routinely involved. But they may occasionally want involvement if intel indicates serious federal laws being broken, or credible/specific intel of planned terrorism exists.

Being a drunken douche bag, minor ganja, public sex etc. --those are concerns to state and local auths, not the Feds.

Edited by boater

Once upon a time...

I was 7 years old at a private lot, where I saw a grown adult male laying on the ground choking on his vomit. I had to get another intoxicated fan to save him.

I helped save his life, a 7 year old.

Did you get an autograph? Pretty sure that guy was a drummer in Spinal Tap.

What does this have to do with police access? Count I'm curious when you have company over at your house do you greet them at their car and have them sign a waiver?

It has a lot to do with access.

When my company comes over it is people I know and trust. They are also not drunken and disorderly, nor minors.

It has a lot to do with access.

When my company comes over it is people I know and trust. They are also not drunken and disorderly, nor minors.

Why the hell do you have them over, then? Holy boring!!! :rolleyes:

Why the hell do you have them over, then? Holy boring!!! :rolleyes:

As a parent we often turn a blind eye on our children.

Or our level of hooliganism is different.

Some folks do not mind ketchup and mustard ejaculated upon them as a right of initiation. Where as the DEC might consider it an offensive action threatening the lively hood of every good american taxpayer !

perspective.

Edited by 3rdand12

When Mike Sherry spoke in support of the police access for the "permit needed " commercial lots he said it was needed so the police could make sure there was enough Restrooms on site!!!!!!

I think I read that terrorists are very picky about where they pee.

I could be wrong....

We all know what was source of biggest act of terrorism in US (forget that the British and others called us terrorists when they were fighting US in US) was fertilizer and the source of much of fertilizer is dung! They are making sure that they are cleaned out regularly so they will not be used as source of bombs at stadium.

No vote or discussion (by town board) at tonight's OP board meeting. Andy Majors from the Bills spoke as did the Mark the owner of yellow brick parking (his property is R zoned) and I spoke. I also read a letter from Abbott Road Joe who was unable to be at the meeting.