MMQB Profile of Marquise Goodwin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am calling out all of those schmucks from the thread glorifying how Glass has the best long jump in the world for 2016. i am calling them to eat crow before i call them out myself. you know who you are... he was never a great long jumper on the world stage and it shows now.

the best thing this kid can do is focus on football and give it a last attempt to make the squad, then save all of his money. eventually end up coaching at some college.

Is your job your first love?

i know you're not asking me, but... yes, yes it is. farming is my first love since whoring myself out to women doesn't pay i just approach that as a hobby.

Edited by Boyst62

Hey, the man wants the Wheaties box.... No problem... Using your day job to finance your dreams is a recuuring theme in american life.... MORE POWER TO HIM.... Now, can we please draft OJ Howard, and end this nightmare! :beer:

Is your job your first love?

Yeah John is off base with the "first love" thing.

It's not about love it's about focus.

A lot of good players don't love the game......but they work at it because it's hard to excel if you don't.

They make it their top priority because it is their craft and how they support themselves and their families.

Glass hasn't been focused on football since he got the track itch back after his rookie season where he proved he could make plays in the NFL.

You gotta' play hurt and build your body for the game of football if you expect to excel at the NFL level.

Yeah John is off base with the "first love" thing.

It's not about love it's about focus.

A lot of good players don't love the game......but they work at it because it's hard to excel if you don't.

They make it their top priority because it is their craft and how they support themselves and their families.

Glass hasn't been focused on football since he got the track itch back after his rookie season where he proved he could make plays in the NFL.

You gotta' play hurt and build your body for the game of football if you expect to excel at the NFL level.

Do you think there will ever be guys like Bo or Deion again, or is that a thing of the past? Would they have been better at football if they didn't play baseball?

Do you think there will ever be guys like Bo or Deion again, or is that a thing of the past? Would they have been better at football if they didn't play baseball?

There could be but you can't make your body unsuitable for football and that's where Glass has been.

He's been trying to keep a lithe track frame when he needs some bulk to stay on the field in the NFL.

The guy looked REALLY good last preseason with the exception of the dumb decision where he got his ribs broken and the drop of a perfectly delivered long Tyrod bomb where he looked away from the football and right at the safety fearing the hit.......he needs to be smart enough to avoid certain contact and tough/sturdy enough to accept certain hits in the name of the big play. Getting hit along the sideline on a deep ball is about the minimum physical investment you have to be willing to make as an NFL WR.

Brian Jordan was another truly outstanding two sport guy.

People forget that he was originally drafted by the Bills in 7th round of 1989 draft.....but they cut him........and by 1991 he was a tremendous playmaker and pro bowl alternate for Atlanta......looked like a future All Pro that got away from Buffalo.

But he was in the MLB Cardinals minor league system and jumped to baseball exclusively after 1991 and had a stellar career as 5 tool star player.

If you recall the Bills had issues at safety during their SB years. Would he have stayed in the NFL if he were a pro bowl player going to SB's every year?

Sixteen years of failure have made many Bills fans jaded idiots. And others seem to have just been born that way. Goodwin doesn't owe you or the Bills anything. This isn't North Korea. If he's deemed to not be good enough, he'll be let go.

The guy fell just short of a lifelong dream and you have the keyboard gangsters openly mocking him. It would be one thing if he was a known bad seed or a guy that had been caught doing something wrong in his personal life. On the contrary, Goodwin has been close with his wheelchair-bound sister since birth and the Olympic dream was one that he shared with her.

Edited by QB Bills

Sixteen years of failure have made many Bills fans jaded idiots. And others seem to have just been born that way. Goodwin doesn't owe you or the Bills anything. This isn't North Korea. If he's deemed to not be good enough, he'll be let go.

The guy fell just short of a lifelong dream and you have the keyboard gangsters openly mocking him. It would be one thing if he was a known bad seed or a guy that had been caught doing something wrong in his personal life. On the contrary, Goodwin has been close with his wheelchair-bound sister since birth and the Olympic dream was one that he shared with her.

so because Glass has a wheelchair bound sister and he is close with her it makes him a good guy, teammate, athlete?

How about the idea that he sucks at football and is fast but that's it. He's apparently not good enough to qualify for the Olympics either. So he pretty much stinks at 2 sports.

And before you get all defensive and start spouting off asking what I've done... This isn't about me. This is about a guy that can't stay healthy and isn't good enough. End of list.

What a shame , that meant a lot to him, must of had a injury holding him back

His wife, Morgan Snow Goodwin, will compete in the women's 100-meter hurdles event on Thursday.

Edited by ALF

I hate to say something so callous, but I will anyway. According to the ESPN article I read, Glass hurt his hamstring, and it may have caused him to not qualify.

I feel bad for him, but he is way too injury prone to be a professional athlete. If I were the Bills FO, he'd already be off the team.

this just about sums him up