Vic Carucci describes the media's crush on Rex

i wonder if he actually researched that or just threw it out there. Actually upon forget review he didn't do the research, he challenged the readers to research it. I doubt anyone will take the time to do it, so we just accept his statement I guess.

Every NFL club claims to have the best fans, but it's a hard thing to quantify.

Attendance has a lot to do with ticket prices, the local economy, stadium size, market size, and of course W-L record of the team, as well as other factors besides fan loyalty.

Ranking merchandise sales has similar problems.

Here in Seattle, they like to brag about how loud their stadium gets. But I remind them that's all about acoustics.

I've seen a couple articles where Bills tailgating was ranked #1 in the NFL which is cool. It would be good to add 'most local media coverage' to the proofs of the proposition: "The Bills have the best fans in the NFL."

But Vic seems to be spitting out undocumented stuff again.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take away on this comment Barley is , the book is not closed.

Can Rex succeed as a head Coach ?

This year will be telling.

Its fair to have high expectations this year. Seems Pegula has given him all he wished for.

When national media turns its electric eye toward Buffalo , it is a good thing. The NFL takes notice if the national bandwidth is increased.

Yup. Talk is cheap and the only national press that gets me excited is the stuff you get because you're winning (or at least progressing/improving). As Al Davis said, "Just win, baby!"

[This is an automated response by Peter]

The Rex bashing by the Rex Haters is currently being discussed or already has been discussed in multiple other threads.

Please consider the irony of the usual blow hard suspects complaining that Rex is a blow hard.

Please also consider using the "search" function -- or better yet "discretion" before going on and on and on and on about how much you do not like Rex.

Thank you

The Rex bashing by the Rex Haters is currently being discussed or already has been discussed in multiple other threads.

Please consider the irony of the usual blow hard suspects complaining that Rex is a blow hard.

Please also consider using the "search" function -- or better yet "discretion" before going on and on and on and on about how much you do not like Rex.

Thank you

:thumbsup:

Thank you

Delusion is fun.

Interesting take.

Did we really make as much fun of the Jets ?

not as often but I bet most people here felt the same way about him then. Just now that he is ours more people want to speak up about it.

I did.

Made fun of Rex and the Jets.

It was terrible when I found out I was going to have to like him.

Do you really like him now B-)

It's always something, ain't it? We used to cry about being insignificant. Now we're too significant.

Very consistent. Blame Bills Fans for Ryan being a poor coach and a farce.

Do you wake up and blame Bills Fans when it rains or snows?

Edited by Bill from NYC

He can talk all he wants if he can back it up. I have been a loyal Bills fan for 40+ years and if you cut me I'd bleed blue and red but ya know it is getting a little frustrating. Every year it's "We're better than last year" "This is a different team" "We're going to be a bully" but guess what......NADA. I like Rex don't get me wrong but now it's time to put up or shut up!

The Pats seem to get a ton of attention and walls are more social than their coach.

Who barks more, a chihuahua or a rottweiler? The chihuahua. Rex is a chihuahua who thinks he is a rottweiler. You would think he would adjust after the last 5 years. Be humble and talk when you have actually done something.

When there is a discussion about Rex it mostly revolves around his antics and his comments. What you don't hear are comments describing the smart job he did coaching his team or how disciplined his team is. Rex's record in NY was less than .500. The longer he coached his team the more it steadily descended, culminating in a four win season. The reflexive response for the Rex devotees is that his failures are always due to others, players, GMs and coaches. Another example of his talent to deflect accountability for his failures onto others.

Mario blatantly quits on the team to express his displeasure with his role. What does the tough talking coach do? He keeps him on the field and then criticizes the player after he is gone. Is that leadership?

Rex jumps out of a plane when the camera rolls. Rex rides a tandem bike with his elephant sized brother when the cameras are rolling knowing that this bizarre behavior will be exposed on the market. The reality is that Rex is more known for his antics and thoughtless comments than he is for his coaching competency.

Some words never associated with Rex is maturity and thoughtfulness. Rex is a marvel garnering attention for himself but he is a dud as a coach. Anyone who disagrees with this assessment should check his record. Making noise isn't a measure of success in the coaching ranks. He's an embarrassment that we are currently stuck with. He is a testament to the proposition that marketing people should have no input in football decisions.

When there is a discussion about Rex it mostly revolves around his antics and his comments. What you don't hear are comments describing the smart job he did coaching his team or how disciplined his team is. Rex's record in NY was less than .500. The longer he coached his team the more it steadily descended, culminating in a four win season. The reflexive response for the Rex devotees is that his failures are always due to others, players, GMs and coaches. Another example of his talent to deflect accountability for his failures onto others.

Mario blatantly quits on the team to express his displeasure with his role. What does the tough talking coach do? He keeps him on the field and then criticizes the player after he is gone. Is that leadership?

Rex jumps out of a plane when the camera rolls. Rex rides a tandem bike with his elephant sized brother when the cameras are rolling knowing that this bizarre behavior will be exposed on the market. The reality is that Rex is more known for his antics and thoughtless comments than he is for his coaching competency.

Some words never associated with Rex is maturity and thoughtfulness. Rex is a marvel garnering attention for himself but he is a dud as a coach. Anyone who disagrees with this assessment should check his record. Making noise isn't a measure of success in the coaching ranks. He's an embarrassment that we are currently stuck with. He is a testament to the proposition that marketing people should have no input in football decisions.

Excellent post. It seems lately that Rex is using coaching as a stepping stone for his next career on NFL Countdown or a reality show.

Too bad marketing matters to the owners.

Vic Carucci has lost it. I used to be able to count on Vic to be well ahead of the pack of so-called "journalists". Lately he puts out weak pieces like this garbage that Rex should be the Bills coach because he's great copy. This article would be OK on April Fools Day, but now it just shows how far he's fallen.