Bills 2016 Minicamp: June 14 - 16

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thought just occurred to me... do we pass less over the middle to force teams to play the sidelines, in hopes of freeing up running space up the middle?

I think it was more with what Tyrod is good at, but I think that was definitely part of the strategy. It does synergies well.

@buffalobills

That's Karlos Williams, SENIOR, to you. The RB is back! 1f3c3.png1f4a8.png#BillsRunDeep

Ck7D5msXIAA-Opa.jpg

Ck7D5mXWYAA6YVf.jpg

@SalSports

Greg Salas getting most of the slot WR work with main group.

Minus a couple of errant throws, Tyrod Taylor has been on fire today finding small window targets and completing them. #Bills

@jmccoyphoto

Rex Ryan, Kim and Terry Pegula, and Doug Whaley check out the Buffalo Bills mandatory minicamp

Ck7FNhTWgAAg04z.jpg

@buffalobills

That's Karlos Williams, SENIOR, to you. The RB is back! 1f3c3.png1f4a8.png#BillsRunDeep

Ck7D5msXIAA-Opa.jpg

Ck7D5mXWYAA6YVf.jpg

@SalSports

Greg Salas getting most of the slot WR work with main group.

Minus a couple of errant throws, Tyrod Taylor has been on fire today finding small window targets and completing them. #Bills

@jmccoyphoto

Rex Ryan, Kim and Terry Pegula, and Doug Whaley check out the Buffalo Bills mandatory minicamp

Ck7FNhTWgAAg04z.jpg

Rex appears to like the open toed footwear and the pedi.

The thought just occurred to me... do we pass less over the middle to force teams to play the sidelines, in hopes of freeing up running space up the middle?

Didn't somebody post an article about how mobile QBs tend to throw over the middle less?

@TyDunne

Rex Ryan says they'll give Karlos Williams a weight number that is "attainable. ... Obviously he's not anywhere he's supposed to be."

Rex on Karlos: In the future, he has to realize what he did this offseason isn't what you want.

Rex Ryan also says he misspoke last week. LeSean McCoy doesn't have a hamstring injury, it's an ankle. So there's that.

Rex on Jim Kelly's comments: "My focus definitely isn't on my job security. It's on winning."

Rex Ryan says he sees a lot more commitment in players this offseason than last. Cites fact that Jerry Hughes does Pilates at 6 am each morn

@mikerodak

Rex Ryan says the AFC East has improved this offseason. He does add, though, that he doesn't know how much New... http://es.pn/1U71S3C

@TBNSports

Buffalo News Sports Retweeted James P McCoy

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan said Karlos Williams isn't anywhere close to where he needs to be conditioning wise.

@LedyardNFLDraft

Jon Ledyard Retweeted Matthew Fairburn

Go do the thing Jonathan Williams.

Bills Minicamp Notes - Day 1

tyrod-minicamp-story.jpg

Stephon Gilmore watched from the sidelines, Karlos Williams has a lot of work in front of him and Tyrod Taylor looked very sharp on day one of Bills minicamp.

@MatthewFairburn

Ck7yApcW0AAGAnv.jpg

The Plan for Karlos

With Karlos Williams coming into minicamp overweight he’s limited to individual position work and then he heads over to work with the strength and conditioning staff for the remainder of practice. That was the plan on Tuesday and it’ll repeat itself on Wednesday and Thursday. Head coach Rex Ryan says they’ve already got a plan in place to get the second-year running back closer to his actual listed playing weight of 230 pounds.

At the same time dropping that much weight in what will amount to about six and a half weeks isn’t healthy, so the club has to take a more methodical approach according to Ryan.

Cordy Glenn has minor injury

Bills left tackle Cordy Glenn was not participating in practice Tuesday due to what Rex Ryan termed a minor injury last week. Glenn was getting some work done in the weight room instead as he works to get back on the field. Ryan isn’t concerned about Glenn’s situation.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Update on Sammy, Henderson, Shaq

Bills head coach Rex Ryan provided an update on the rehab status of three players who won’t take part in mandatory minicamp. Sammy Watkins is coming off foot surgery, Shaq Lawson had shoulder surgery and Seantrel Henderson is coming off a pair of surgeries for his medical condition. Here’s where they stand.

“We’ll start with Sammy-he’s out of the boot and that’s good,” said Ryan. “He’s in here all the time. Every time you turn around there he is. He is working his tail off to get out there. Same thing with Shaq. Seantrel’s is different-it wasn’t an injury, it’s a medical deal. We’ll see how it is. I can tell you this-he wants to get back on the field in the worst way and we’re all pulling for him.”

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HB Karlos Williams on what injury is holding him back: "The injury of pregnancy, I would say."

Injury of pregnancy, half-pregnant, fully pregnant. A lot of #PregnancyTalk happening with the #Bills this offseason

@mikerodak

Bills RB Karlos Williams said today his fiancee's recent pregnancy was a reason why he... http://es.pn/1U7icBr

Ck7_3opUoAAeeDu.jpg

Watch: Gilmore and Goodwin Arrive, Taylor Sharp (2:33)

Bills' Insider Chris Brown recaps the first day of mandatory minicamp including the arrivals of CB Stephon Gilmore and WR Marquise Goodwin, QB Tyrod Taylor looking sharp and more.

@JoeBuscaglia

Day 1 done. Tyrod steals the show, Cardale looks hesitant, and more in my 7 observations from #Bills minicamp today: https://t.co/V4uxkH9esf

@billsupdates

Buffalo #Bills minicamp 2016: 8 observations from day 1 of practice http://trib.al/b16pQoP

Buffalo Bills Minicamp - Day 1

Photos from the first day of minicamp at One Bills Drive.

temptaylor-minicamp-day-1--nfl_mezz_1280

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

What to watch for as 24 teams open minicamp
Mandatory minicamps open for 24 teams Tuesday, which marks the final three days of offseason workouts before shutting down until training camp. Here's the one thing to watch for all 24 teams.

Buffalo Bills

Will Stephon Gilmore be a willing participant? Rex Ryan has seen underpaid cornerbacks go down with phantom hamstring injuries in an effort to get their point across. Gilmore was a higher pick than Darrelle Revis and played better than Revis did a year ago. He could very likely meet or top Josh Norman's recent five-year deal in Washington, but for now he plays the waiting game.