Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

huh..why do you say that?

They missed the goaltender interference. Players skate (in the crease) dragged the goalie's pad and turned him. On the one reply it looked like the Sabres player avoided contact with the goalie with his upper body, but if you look closely at his skate, it's pretty clear.

1:22 into this video gives a decent look. https://www.nhl.com/video/baptistes-1st-nhl-goal/t-282865782/c-45517303

Edited by thebug

They missed the goaltender interference. Players skate (in the crease) dragged the goalie's pad and turned him. On the one reply it looked like the Sabres player avoided contact with the goalie with his upper body, but if you look closely at his skate, it's pretty clear.

1:22 into this video gives a decent look. https://www.nhl.com/video/baptistes-1st-nhl-goal/t-282865782/c-45517303

sawt that last night...so my question is this and i i dont know the answer...if he makes contact with the goalie but it does not affect the play is that still GI?

sawt that last night...so my question is this and i i dont know the answer...if he makes contact with the goalie but it does not affect the play is that still GI?

The refs, after reviewing per the coach's challenge by Vancouver, seem to think so.

It bodes well that the refs have more leeway in getting things right. Sure, we will be negatively impacted at times, but overall it's good for the game.

I'm not sure how you could watch that video and think that the contact did not affect the goalie? It dragged him.

Actually the Sabres goal last night against the Canucks should not have counted, so things have evened out so far.

Really?

One cost them a game and the other had no impact on the game. Is that "even" for everybody or only for people who hate the Sabres? Come on dude.

Really?

One cost them a game and the other had no impact on the game. Is that "even" for everybody or only for people who hate the Sabres? Come on dude.

Oh so the rules only apply if the goal is a game winner? Also, you say no impact, but that got them within a goal of tying the game. What if they had scored later to tie? I don't hate the Sabres, I hate the double-standard. If my Leafs had scored that goal, I'm 100% expecting it to be called back and get why it would be.

Edited by thebug

Oh so the rules only apply if the goal is a game winner? Also, you say no impact, but that got them within a goal of tying the game. What if they had scored later to tie? I don't hate the Sabres, I hate the double-standard. If my Leafs had scored that goal, I'm 100% expecting it to be called back and get why it would be.

You called it a wash. It's not a wash. It hasn't evened out. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but it hasn't.

@BuffaloSabres

2705.png Reinhart moves to center 2705.png Sabres to play on @NBCSN this week More of what you need to know: http://bufsabres.co/O4h6nk

#SharpenUp
CviY6FzWgAA9jQe.jpg

Coach Bylsma: Lehner is under the weather. We'll likely call up a goalie from @AmerksHockey for tomorrow's game in Philly.

CvjA3pPWcAAP9d2.jpg

Anders Nilsson will make his Sabres debut tomorrow in Philadelphia.

RECALL: The Sabres have recalled goaltender Linus Ullmark from @AmerksHockey - http://bufsabres.co/DWaRWY

CvjX5HCXYAArbLw.jpg

A bad luck for someone who showed signs of a drinking problem before even being drafted.

you make me laugh...signs of a drinking problem cause he had a few beers in college...Man, i should have been in AA then.

BTW, they both look teeny in that picture no?

you make me laugh...signs of a drinking problem cause he had a few beers in college...Man, i should have been in AA then.

BTW, they both look teeny in that picture no?

And clearly he hasn't run into many hockey players over the years. I had my share of beers with some other BU players back in my day and a picture with bud light in hand is beyond tame