Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@SabresPR

Full audio of Tim Murray's July 1 media availability can be found at Sabres Digital Press Box

MURRAY: "Kyle was at the top of our list." Asked about missing out on Stamkos.

MURRAY: "He wasn't picky between Ryan or Jack."

MURRAY: "This shows that we are a destination for players. He's a hell of a player. He's a goal scorer and has a power forward's body."

MURRAY: "He didn't have a choice of 30 teams. But a lot of teams were interested and he chose to come here."

MURRAY: On Vesey, "Will go next week to meet with him. Tell him how much we need him."

MURRAY: "It was one conversation on the phone. We got a call back from his agent saying he really liked the call, and had interest in us."

MURRAY: "I didn't have to sell him on Buffalo, I didn't have to sell him on Buffalo as a city, I had to sell on the organization."

MURRAY: "I thought I had a goalie done, I had a verbal agreement and it was reneged upon."

MURRAY: "It was not Chad Johnson who reneged upon our agreement."

MURRAY: "It has never happened to me, I called the GM he signed with to tell him my story, he had a similar story." On Goalie reneging.

MURRAY: "We've called and thanked Stamkos' agency for allowing a meeting with us. He's a great young man, and it was a great experience."

MURRAY: "I like our top-6 forwards a lot. I think we're competitive with a lot of the teams in the league."

MURRAY on Risto talks: "We have a number we know we are traveling to. He told us he wants to be here, and we want him to be here."

MURRAY: "We are going down the road of a long term deal. If there are bumps in talks we may do bridge, but we want to get long term done."

MURRAY: "We worked a long time on Jake's deal. Went back and forth for a while. I think both sides are very happy with the deal."

MURRAY: "Cole's a local kid, played a few years in Binghamton. He's a very talented, smart hockey player, he's been in the gym since May."

MURRAY: "Cole is working out supervised now. He's going to come in bigger, stronger and faster than before."

MURRAY: "We have a few more depth guys to sign for sure. A couple more targets that we'd call depth guys, and the goalie situation."

MURRAY: "It is a very serious charge and we take it very seriously, but I want to wait and see if he's been charged and if he's guilty."

MURRAY: "Kane needs to pick and choose his spots when he goes out much better, and he needs to behave himself much better when he does."

MURRAY: "We're going to let the process happen, and whenever it ends we will sit down and talk with him about the results good or bad."

MURRAY: "We all worry about term in free agency, he's a young free agent. We don't expect to see a massive drop off in his game."

Here's the new back up goalie:

@BuffaloSabres

TRADE: Sabres acquire goaltender Anders Nilsson from @StLouisBlues for a 5th round draft pick in 2017.

General Fanager
‏@generalfanager
Anders Nilsson has signed with Buffalo following trade, 1 yr @ $1M.
Ugh, not a fan of this move at all. I have a feeling our playoff hopes might come down to our backup goalie, and this guy is....well, big in size I guess. I hope Ullmark has improved.
Three Swedish goalies, huh?

General Fanager

‏@generalfanager

Anders Nilsson has signed with Buffalo following trade, 1 yr @ $1M.

Ugh, not a fan of this move at all. I have a feeling our playoff hopes might come down to our backup goalie, and this guy is....well, big in size I guess. I hope Ullmark has improved.

Three BIG SWEDISH goalies, huh?

GMTM's preference for size in net showing. Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yeah I would feel much, much better with short Enroth. What's the problem Tim, he's Swedish too.

Enroth is definitely a solid choice as a back up, but he comes up short in the Murray goalie profile as you already know.