Today I learned.....

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loaded up with a bunch from the farmers market just this past weekend.

In the spirit of this awesome thread..Today i learned that that our local annual peach festival (Porter peach festival) was last weekend and I missed it. Dammit.

In the spirit of this awesome thread..Today i learned that that our local annual peach festival (Porter peach festival) was last weekend and I missed it. Dammit.

There's one in Scranton the weekend I'm in NY. I'd kill to go. Best effing lineup ever!! Who wants to go?

The-Peach-Music-Festival-2016-Lineup-Pos

TIL - when you need to enlarge an existing door-handle hole due to the old hole being smaller than your new lock or handle, you must first cut a round slug smaller than the existing hole, then shim the slug to be a tight fit. This allows the guiding bit to bite into something (slug) so your hole saw doesn't slip everywhere.

Another trick is to clamp a 1 inch scrap board on the opposite side of the hole and drill through the scrap to guide the holesaw through the cut. This way your shims are not going to shake out and you can be centered on the original hole.

Another trick is to clamp a 1 inch scrap board on the opposite side of the hole and drill through the scrap to guide the holesaw through the cut. This way your shims are not going to shake out and you can be centered on the original hole.

Is this a code? :huh: