ESPN: Ryans planning to take control.

You both know that this is complete and utter bull crap. Why someone always feels the need to post this boggles my mind which is further boggled by those agreeing with the statement.

Not liking something, even many somethings about how the team is run, its personnel, its coaches, its FO does not equate to wanting the team to lose. Please drop this load of crap.

I really hope what you say is true.....regardless of whether we agree all the time on things I want to think that everyone does have that common goal

Everyone wants to see this team win

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that wasn't a slight against marrone.

in a perfect world we would have kept marrone one more year to get where i believe we needed to be as a team then bring in the right guy this year - knowing we would have been cusp of playoffs or playoff loser.

who would you want?

who would you want?

in a perfect world? i'd have paid the farm to keep schwartz as DC if his defense succeeded another season. then gone after anyone i could find for offensive coordinator to become head coach. in a perfect world i would have got pederson, gase or jackson as head coach this year after forcing a coordinator change on offense last year and hopefully landing roman. such a change i would ensure that provided roman not fail, he would be retained with the new head coach likely brought in.

the hard part now is going to be keeping roman while ditchign rex next off season.

You both know that this is complete and utter bull crap. Why someone always feels the need to post this boggles my mind which is further boggled by those agreeing with the statement.

Not liking something, even many somethings about how the team is run, its personnel, its coaches, its FO does not equate to wanting the team to lose. Please drop this load of crap.

no sense of humor today ?

I don't see humor in your post or the one you were responding to. Just the same regurgitated crap that's used as a put down.

well if you know me at all, i am not a very serious person on the forum.

And much of what is said is rehashing the same crap over and over again.

gets boring honestly. I take a step sideways and you seem to become defensive.

Last thing i am going to do is make an attempt to offend another. but i will damned if i will walk in single file either !

well if you know me at all, i am not a very serious person on the forum.

And much of what is said is rehashing the same crap over and over again.

gets boring honestly. I take a step sideways and you seem to become defensive.

Last thing i am going to do is make an attempt to offend another. but i will damned if i will walk in single file either !

Then don't be surprised when someone says that your response is BS.

Get ready for another 8-8 season, search for a new head coach and we'll probably get another DC that will wanna switch back to a 4-3 defense...lol

No kidding. I mean just today I read today that Bills players are getting surgeries and not calling the team.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Then don't be surprised when someone says that your response is BS.

I am rarely surprised. But i did not expect it from you

and you really have been in a bad mood lately.

Get ready for another 8-8 season, search for a new head coach and we'll probably get another DC that will wanna switch back to a 4-3 defense...lol

I think Ryans point was just made btw

in a perfect world? i'd have paid the farm to keep schwartz as DC if his defense succeeded another season. then gone after anyone i could find for offensive coordinator to become head coach. in a perfect world i would have got pederson, gase or jackson as head coach this year after forcing a coordinator change on offense last year and hopefully landing roman. such a change i would ensure that provided roman not fail, he would be retained with the new head coach likely brought in.

the hard part now is going to be keeping roman while ditchign rex next off season.

Well if the offense progresses and the defense crumbles you may get your wish.

I'm still not sold on Rex but without him, we don't have Greg Roman, and we don't have Tyrod Taylor, and most likely we don't have the top rushing offense in the league. We go into this year's draft needing to draft a QB early (probably would've drafted Paxton Lynch) instead of Shaq, and the sky would be falling yet again for most Bills fans. We would've drafted all offense, settled for a mediocre d-line without Mario and we'd all be crying about something that we didn't do during the offseason...

Oh well...

I'm still not sold on Rex but without him, we don't have Greg Roman, and we don't have Tyrod Taylor, and most likely we don't have the top rushing offense in the league. We go into this year's draft needing to draft a QB early (probably would've drafted Paxton Lynch) instead of Shaq, and the sky would be falling yet again for most Bills fans. We would've drafted all offense, settled for a mediocre d-line without Mario and we'd all be crying about something that we didn't do during the offseason...

Oh well...

if Schwartz was hired we wouldn't have had to rebuild the defense and we could have drafted mostly offense. I'm not a fan of constantly rebuilding but hiring Rex is exactly what we did and now we are doing it again instead building on the continuity that we had.

That said we have Rex now and hopefully we get this ship turned around.

Oh well...,

It's constantly stated that Taylor signed with the Bills because he had a relationship with Rex. That is not true. TT on more than a few occasions stated that he signed with the Bills because he believe that it gave him the best chance to start. The Broncos offered TT more money than the Bills did. In addition, Taylor had a closer relationship and more recent relationship with Kubiak (either the OC or qb coach) in Baltimore. The reality is that TT wanted a legitimate chance to compete for a starting job;

signing with Buffalo, even for less money, afforded him that opportunity.

It is true that Rex signed Roman to be his OC. But the storyline that Rex was the reason for TT's arrival is patently false.

Retaining Schwartz as DC and adding a strong offensive mind as HC would have been the way to go. Jackson and Gase definitely would have been on that list. But not Pederson - that guy's a trainwreck.

Retaining Schwartz as DC and adding a strong offensive mind as HC would have been the way to go. Jackson and Gase definitely would have been on that list. But not Pederson - that guy's a trainwreck.

it seems that new ownership, combined with a heavy dose of old Guard on OBD.

May have put to much weight on a bombastic HC personality, resulting in stoking the fanbase

But getting the same on field results. These decisions are why the franchise may spin their wheels

Until corrected. Maybe guys like brandon should have their HC opinions neutered. Since he obviously

Knows nothing about running or building a great team. medicore is so old That of course is an opinion with zero links since OBD has never

Actually come out and said the hire was not really Whaley's first choice. it is rumor i get it.

Clean the stink off the deck. IMO.

if Schwartz was hired we wouldn't have had to rebuild the defense and we could have drafted mostly offense. I'm not a fan of constantly rebuilding but hiring Rex is exactly what we did and now we are doing it again instead building on the continuity that we had.

That said we have Rex now and hopefully we get this ship turned around.

How much of the defense was rebuilt before last season? By most accounts the defense didn't change personnel wise very much at all.

Stepping back though, this is the landscape of the current NFL. Every team's roster has a portion that is a revolving door. During the Patriots era of sustained success, there has been one player who has remained constant. The offense, defense, and kicking game has been built and rebuilt repeatedly. If you look at what Elway did with the Broncos team, he spent cap on both offense and defense simultaneously. Both the offense and the defense improved. They wouldn't have won the Super Bowl without attention to both.

So this begs the question:

Can one truly put one side of the ball out to pasture, into status quo, for some indefinite period and then focus entirely on the other side of the ball?

If one boils it all down to a number for offense and a number for defense—the offensive and defensive ranking—then they can say 12 > 25 so we need to pour everything we have into the 25th side of our team. But that may be missing the forest for the grooves in the bark. Who's can say what is behind the numbers 12 and 25? I mean 25 might be 19 and 12 might have been 15 with just a few hundred total yards more or less—and it is obvious the difference between 15 > 19 and 12 > 25 is simply not the same. And 100, 200, 300 yards is really what? Five or six long passes dropped versus caught? A couple of missed tackles and big runs?

How much of the defense was rebuilt before last season? By most accounts the defense didn't change personnel wise very much at all.

Stepping back though, this is the landscape of the current NFL. Every team's roster has a portion that is a revolving door. During the Patriots era of sustained success, there has been one player who has remained constant. The offense, defense, and kicking game has been built and rebuilt repeatedly. If you look at what Elway did with the Broncos team, he spent cap on both offense and defense simultaneously. Both the offense and the defense improved. They wouldn't have won the Super Bowl without attention to both.

So this begs the question:

Can one truly put one side of the ball out to pasture, into status quo, for some indefinite period and then focus entirely on the other side of the ball?

If one boils it all down to a number for offense and a number for defense—the offensive and defensive ranking—then they can say 12 > 25 so we need to pour everything we have into the 25th side of our team. But that may be missing the forest for the grooves in the bark. Who's can say what is behind the numbers 12 and 25? I mean 25 might be 19 and 12 might have been 15 with just a few hundred total yards more or less—and it is obvious the difference between 15 > 19 and 12 > 25 is simply not the same. And 100, 200, 300 yards is really what? Five or six long passes dropped versus caught? A couple of missed tackles and big runs?

The point that BB was making was the issue wasn't the talent on hand but how it was utilized. Is it better for the coach to adapt to the players or is it better for the players to adapt to the coach's system? The reality is that there is always adjusting between the talent on hand and the preferred schemes. I believe that for a good portion of the year that relationship was unbalanced. As the season advanced the coach (my view) adjusted a little more. That was a smarter approach to take and it reflected in the play.

You are right that rosters are always in a state of flux. That's the nature of the business. But if there is a mismatch between the system/scheme and the talent attributes then their is going to be a decline in performance. That was evident in the pre-Rex coached period and the Rex coach period.

The point that BB was making was the issue wasn't the talent on hand but how it was utilized.

Thanks, but that wasn't my point. I fully aware of the argument but wasn't really interested in keeping that particular parrot chirping. :)

The Bills haven't had a defensive-heavy draft in a while. (I'd say 2011.) Perhaps they were just due for one.