ESPN: Ryans planning to take control.

Except they lost to us and our sorry HC

Twice

You dont want to recognize that the Rex led bills beat the Todd Bowles led Jets when it actually matter to them?

Who cares?

10-6. Second in the division. No defensive growing pains. No cutting $100M talent. No mutinies.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God your hopeless.....those friggen moving goalposts man

The goalposts? What?

Would you take Bowles over Rex for 2016, yes or no?

How good is Bowles if he couldn't get by such a crap coach as Rex? He beats him once and the Jets make the playoffs. So much on the line and he can't win one against a guy you'd fire? You'd take him?

He got unlucky.

The goalposts? What?

Would you take Bowles over Rex for 2016, yes or no?

He got unlucky.

rex ryan teams have won back to back games twice in the last 3 seasons. 2013 and 2015. both were the last two games of the year when it did not matter one bit for the his team and his team went 8-8
2012 they barely beat the cardinals week 13, 7-6. then barely beat the jags 17-10 they were shut out at halftime against the jags and ran the ball all the second to beat the 2 win jags. the week before they pulled sanchez for mcelroy and beat the 4 win cards.
since 2010 rex ryan has lead teams to back to back wins only 3 times. both against horrible opponents. but there are those here who want to make a big deal that in 2010 rex ryan did some really great things we have to believe he is still capable of (if he was even responsible for them in the first place). also, he had 8 first round selections... iirc and i posted the numbers dozens of times.

How good is Bowles if he couldn't get by such a crap coach as Rex? He beats him once and the Jets make the playoffs. So much on the line and he can't win one against a guy you'd fire? You'd take him?

it's not about 1 game. it's about an entire season. people here are focused on looking to the future based on the past OR looking to the future and forgetting the past.

we beat the jets twice. doesn't mean a lot. judging rex ryan because he beat the jets twice. we **** the bed against the giants. got lucky against the titans. jags got lucky against us... but we still did lose. saying we beat the jets twice... sad.

10-6 homie. Good defense with a good defensive coach homie. Beat the Pats homie.

You're telling me you wouldn't take Bowles over Rex for 2016? You might be one in a million.

rex ryan was not a reason we won either of those games.

Edited by Boyst62

Yes....u do realize that RR has been our coach for one season correct?

ok.....what non bad HC was available at the time we hired RR

We should have hired Jim Harbaugh.

Did they even try or just let him go to Michigan?

I would have paid him 20 million a yr but probably could have gotten him at 10.

Michigan is going to be awesome and will be a national contender again.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

This won't be a popular comment, but I find my interest in the Bills way down since Ryan took over. I think he will fail, but even if he succeeds I won't enjoy the success as much as I would if practically any other coach was in charge. It's like Trump winning the presidency. I love the Bills and will follow them regardless, but already I'm far less interested--and far more embarrassed for them than I have ever been. I won't claim he's incompetent, but I dislike his style so much that even my loyalty to the Bills is diminished sensibly by his rank presence. It sickens me that such a clown is associated with the team I've loved for decades.

so your not going to answer the question?

With all due respect it was a cop out question. I hate that response...we drafted a ****ty player and somebody is going to say..."well, who would you have drafted?" Way to deflect the conversation away from the topic being discussed.

I suppose I could start to answer your question by saying "every college coach in the country."

You mean the guy we beat.....TWICE

That team that would have made the playoffs but we knocked them out when they had everything to play for and we had nothing to play for

That Todd Bowles?

So, we can't judge Rex on one season (we aren't, we're seeing the same mistakes he made in nj) but you can judge Boles on 2 games. Brilliant.

We should have hired Jim Harbaugh.

Did they even try or just let him go to Michigan?

I would have paid him 20 million a yr but probably could have gotten him at 10.

Michigan is going to be awesome and will be a national contender again.

I was curious about this, so I looked it up. Harbaugh got the Michigan job on 12/29 and Maroon quit on 12/31.

And if they stab Whaley in the back like they said here, will you have a problem with it then?

This is the kind of thing that would result in this kind of thing:

ibxdyb3B8K1lS.gif

If the Ryans don't get it done this year, Whales isn't the one who will be in trouble.

unlucky...he got DOMINATED

and no....I would not take Todd Bowles....because our team is gonna be better then theirs this year (my opinion of course)

Is Jeff Fisher a better head coach than Pete Carrol? Was Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler better than Tom Brady in 2015?

They all won head to head. And none of them are. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Rex's two wins were the best but don't judge him on his last 4 terrible seasons. Todd Bowles had a great rookie HC season, but those two losses are the reason Rex is better.

Bowles must be BB's equal because they split, right?

And asking what other coaches "were available" is a loaded question. Because IIRC, some other good coaches became available the week after he was hired. Just because we jumped the gun with the hire doesn't make it good.

Edited by FireChan

LETS see a entire thread based on a ESPN writer,you folks must be bored.

some have suggested 'RYANs " have a motive,,BS..all the crazies off their meds? The only motive any coach has is to win!..to think that in his second year here, its make or break,, unless the team goes 2-14 that is ludicrous..,,it was obvious how half hearted "mario" played last year it had to infect others ,on the defense,,,this year we will see what happens,,,till then just enjoy the ride... go bills

So you want to go through another 3 year rebuild?

Can you seriously not see that Rex Ryan BEGAN the rebuild?

Stop with the "no buffalo bill can ever do wrong," bull **** and get your head out of the sand.

When a HC dismantles an already successful defense, insists upon putting the success of the offense on a !@#$ing career backup, then stabs his GM's back ..... Well, my friend - that's a !@#$ing rebuild.

Can you seriously not see that Rex Ryan BEGAN the rebuild?

Stop with the "no buffalo bill can ever do wrong," bull **** and get your head out of the sand.

When a HC dismantles an already successful defense, insists upon putting the success of the offense on a !@#$ing career backup, then stabs his GM's back ..... Well, my friend - that's a !@#$ing rebuild.

Slow down Sparky, nobody's been stabbed in the back. Rex may suck, but, he is loyal to a fault.