Baylor fires Art Briles

Mississippi & Pennsylvania, off the top of my head, say "hi!"

I dont disagree. We've already seen what Pennsylvania is capable of. There is quite a history at Ole Miss already, but just wait until their investigation heats up. Ole Miss was going to be the main target this offseason until Baylor went ahead and threw themselves into the fire.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont disagree. We've already seen what Pennsylvania is capable of. There is quite a history at Ole Miss already, but just wait until their investigation heats up. Ole Miss was going to be the main target this offseason until Baylor went ahead and threw themselves into the fire.

Ole Miss is done with their investigation. They propose the loss of 11 scholarships over 4 seasons and really don't see the need for a postseason ban.

Ole Miss is done with their investigation. They propose the loss of 11 scholarships over 4 seasons and really don't see the need for a postseason ban.

That was before the draft and Tunsil text messages. Hearing has been put on hold and its back to the drawing board.

Plus, I bet they could dig up a lot worse if this were an independent investigation instead of being done by the school themselves.

That was before the draft and Tunsil text messages. Hearing has been put on hold and its back to the drawing board.

Plus, I bet they could dig up a lot worse if this were an independent investigation instead of being done by the school themselves.

No, this was announced 2 days ago.

No way, he wins with scheme and by how fast and how many plays can be run in a game, how'd that work for Chip Kelly in Philly. Briles is nowhere near as good as Urban Meyer, Lou Saban, Mike Dantonio, Jim Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher and there are others I can't think of right now.

Nick Saban?

BB - Old School is going old school with Lou. I don't remember any problems at Maryland, or Miami in the 60's or 70's, but I was just a kid.

Just kidding Old School. I'm sure you meant Nick. You actually gave me an excuse to look up again Lou's career. I forgot he was our Storm coach in Tampa for Arena football in 92 when I first moved to Tampa. That guy coach d until he was 80. What an impressive person. I hope Pegula does something for him honoring him maybe when we have a new stadium in 2022 or so.

BB - Old School is going old school with Lou. I don't remember any problems at Maryland, or Miami in the 60's or 70's, but I was just a kid.

Just kidding Old School. I'm sure you meant Nick. You actually gave me an excuse to look up again Lou's career. I forgot he was our Storm coach in Tampa for Arena football in 92 when I first moved to Tampa. That guy coach d until he was 80. What an impressive person. I hope Pegula does something for him honoring him maybe when we have a new stadium in 2022 or so.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Baylor is tone deaf.

@Mark_Schlabach

Baylor officials say Ken Starr's role as chancellor will be external fundraising and religious liberty. Took away all operational duties

@judybattista

Judy Battista Retweeted Mark Schlabach

Baylor officials wants him representing them -- still -- as a fundraiser? Have they lost their minds?

Per source, here is the group text that Art Briles sent his players today #Baylor

CjZZVT1UkAAgZOD.jpg

Fundraising and religious liberty? What about the women who were discouraged from coming forward or whose claims were given no serious investigating? If he's reading from the same Book I am he needs to do some soul searching. Briles had to go and he should not be the only one, including Ken Starr.

Yup, Nick Saban. :doh: