Baylor fires Art Briles

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's absolutely abhorrent and it goes way further than just Briles. Clean out the entire athletic department and let them start over. Nuking the program is pointless.

I'm not sure what to make of Briles as a man. As far as I can find, he has 2 daughters and a granddaughter. Explaining all of this to them should be the worst part of this entire process.

@slmandel

@McMurphyESPN

Baylor admits to "directly discouraging some complainants from reporting (incidents) & retaliated against one for reporting sexual assault"

:blink:

@ClayTravis

Big legal battle likely coming with Briles & Baylor over his for cause firing. He's still owed tens of millions if he was fired w/out cause.

@ClayTravis

Big legal battle likely coming with Briles & Baylor over his for cause firing. He's still owed tens of millions if he was fired w/out cause.

That feels like a settlement and an NFL job. He will get some BS title like "Sr. Offensive Consultant" this year and then interview as a HC everywhere in January.

You don't think he'll be too toxic for a while?

@thEMANacho

Why #Baylor did the right thing by firing #ArtBriles

CjZggmLUoAUp9BM.jpg

He is definitely toxic but teams are so desperate to win. Someone signed Greg Hardy last year. Maybe it takes another year but if his offense lights it up the fans will justify it in their heads. The NFL has a lot of suspect people.

This Baylor situation is a disgusting mess. He will be apologetic and try to distance himself from it as much as he can. Time will certainly calm things down some.

It's absolutely abhorrent and it goes way further than just Briles. Clean out the entire athletic department and let them start over. Nuking the program is pointless.

I'm not sure what to make of Briles as a man. As far as I can find, he has 2 daughters and a granddaughter. Explaining all of this to them should be the worst part of this entire process.

I have a feeling the description includes the words "dirt" and "bag."

@ClayTravis

LOL. He needs Tom Brady's legal team if he's going to claim he is being fired without cause.

Baylor is tone deaf.

@Mark_Schlabach

Baylor officials say Ken Starr's role as chancellor will be external fundraising and religious liberty. Took away all operational duties

@judybattista

Judy Battista Retweeted Mark Schlabach

Baylor officials wants him representing them -- still -- as a fundraiser? Have they lost their minds?

Per source, here is the group text that Art Briles sent his players today #Baylor

CjZZVT1UkAAgZOD.jpg