The Johnson Thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And when he's on ignore, you don't see his posts.

It didn't need a sentence break. At best, we now have two responses requesting a comma after the word bingo.

A stylistic choice. The comma slows down the thought.

No, a stylistic choice is Gallagher smashing watermelons on stage annd calling it comedy.

What you're doing is just massive ignorance, doubled-down on by not knowing what a "sentence" is.

Edited by DC Tom

Horse crap. For well over a year I avoided responding to him directly. Yet he pops up in every discussion, which inevitably gets derailed into a **** slinging contest of how much of a douchebag he is. BTW, why do you think there are more pictures of asshats, than anything else on this site?

Same response to Observer. He cannot be ignored because he pollutes every single thread and nearly every discussion. So to ignore him would mean shutting down the board.

So now I'm taking a new tack. I will call him an idiot in every response, and I encourage everybody else to do so.

He's not worth the effort. Besides, he's just a jerk that enjoys watching the rest of us get all bent out of shape. He completely lacks intellect, subtlety, and nuance. He's just a runaway troll train that feeds off of the irritation he causes. Just put him on ignore - you won't see anything he posts unless someone else quotes him.

He's not worth the effort. Besides, he's just a jerk that enjoys watching the rest of us get all bent out of shape. He completely lacks intellect, subtlety, and nuance. He's just a runaway troll train that feeds off of the irritation he causes. Just put him on ignore - you won't see anything he posts unless someone else quotes him.

What is this "put him on ignore" garbage? We put other posters on ignore.

Him, we obfuscate.

What is this "put him on ignore" garbage? We put other posters on ignore.

Him, we obfuscate.

He's not worth another second of my time. He's way too dense to realize how badly he gets mauled around here. I may as well ridicule my toilet for what I do to it.

As for which current presidential candidate Johnson could pull voters from? According to an online political quiz, he says he's most like Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.
"I side with myself 99 percent of the time, but then the next politician that I most align with is Bernie Sanders at 73 percent," Johnson explained on MSNBC.
Since I won't vote for Hillary or Trump , I'll have to hear him out.
He could end up being the spoiler unless he takes votes from both equally .
  • "Cut Medicare/Medicaid by 43%, as part of $1.675 trillion cut. (May 2011)"
  • "Open the border; flood of Mexicans would become taxpayers. (Jan 2001)"

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

that would be too radical , I guess he's off my list also

Edited by ALF

Meanwhile the party of tax and spend can't seem to figure out how to cover the cost of their own convention

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281567-report-democrats-short-10-million-for-convention

And the Democrat convention will be a showcase of unity behind a unanimous nomination of a candidate and much beloved DNC Chair Woman

Looking at the Libertarian platform he will only take away votes from the Republican candidate.

In a close election could make a big difference.

2000 Election Florida vote

Bush 2,912,790

Gore 2,912,253 537 vote difference

Nader 97,488

Electoral vote Bush 25

Gore 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida,_2000

Getting 5% of the national vote gets the party access to the Federal Elections Fund grant, which is a game changer for the Libertarian Party in the long game. That's the goal.

Hard core Libertarians don't live in reality but Johnson is still an appealing candidate. My in-laws who are a hard core Republican and a hard core Democrat both refuse to vote for Trump or Clinton and have decided to throw down with Johnson.

It's a shocking moment from a pair of 70 year old party lifers.

The Libertarian Party is not ready - to be the alternative.

Trying to become a major party,

and their choice is to nominate a big government progressive, just like the democrats and republicans.

The Libertarian Party is not ready - to be the alternative.

Trying to become a major party,

and their choice is to nominate a big government progressive, just like the democrats and republicans.

I would have preferred a Johnson/McAfee ticket. McAfee in a nationally televised Vice Presidential debate would have be interesting

Caught a bit of Johnson's appearance on Anderson Cooper last night. Definitely sounded very sensible and a credible alternative to the two leading clowns.

Of course the funny part was on the panel afterward, where a Trump supporter questioned Johnson's conservative credentials.

• 2 weeks later...