NFL Returning $723K for Paid Military Tributes

$723k is not even loose change to either the Govt or the NFL.

I agree! I think the money should go somewhere that it would make a real difference, say, maybe....the people who have already posted in this thread. That would be a game changer for me!

$723k is not even loose change to either the Govt or the NFL. Im glad the NFL came up short but the whole thing is overblown. It is advertising like any other product placement deal.

I never considered this before, i'm embarrassed a little. I thought it was a tribute to our men and women in uniform?

Propaganda.

That's all it is.

Of course it is but it plays well because nobody gets their jingo on like we do. That and we like to act like we actually give a schit from time to time. Nothing makes us feel better than a Sam Elliot voice over against an image of a fluttering American flag while strains of a sad patriotic song plays in the background.

I never considered this before, i'm embarrassed a little. I thought it was a tribute to our men and women in uniform?

The NFL does nothing for free. Nothing. Do not expect many military tributes this year.

Propaganda.

That's all it is.

No, its advertising. Big difference. You don't have to buy into it.

Of course it is but it plays well because nobody gets their jingo on like we do. That and we like to act like we actually give a schit from time to time. Nothing makes us feel better than a Sam Elliot voice over against an image of a fluttering American flag while strains of a sad patriotic song plays in the background.

As well we should.

If it wasn't for the US Military we wouldn't be having this "free" conversation! They deserve anything anyone, including the NFL can do for them.

I agree, but that's not the point. NFL is a business, they do not do things for free. Military has a budget for this.

The DOD must be thinking "Phew!! Thank God!" It's not like they were going to be able to make do with the $573 BILLION that has been appropriated for defense in 2016.

I'm sure 273k is a small part of the subsection of the subsection of the small part of the overall DoD budget it came from.