The Nattering Nabobs of Negativity

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The leading Nabob- Jerry Sullivan- apparently did an interview on CBS radio - his glowing assessments of Rex and the Lawson deal are exactly what a nattering nabob of negativity is-

Jerry could see a rainbow over the Falls and would B word about the mist-

Its pathetic some view the positive outlook some have of the reality of the situation as negative.

Rex Ryan is as head coach what we hoped wandstadt would be. Rex and rob Ryan could not even match suits to wade Phillips or dick lebeau or any actual defensive mind. He is the rich kotite of the modern era.

Its pathetic some view the positive outlook some have of the reality of the situation as negative.

Rex Ryan is as head coach what we hoped wandstadt would be. Rex and rob Ryan could not even match suits to wade Phillips or dick lebeau or any actual defensive mind. He is the rich kotite of the modern era.

I know you really wonder how Rex coached to 2 AFC Championships in his years....he is such a bumbling idiot

and

Of course his defenses have always been aweful

Right?

Edited by John from Hemet

I know you really wonder how Rex coached to 2 AFC Championships in his years....he is such a bumbling idiot

and

Of course his defenses have always been aweful

Right?

uh. Blablablabla. Do you realize how much defensive talent he had on that team? How much he squandered it? Do not give me crap about who his QB's were. A shell of a fart of one of the greatest qbs just won the super bowl.

Rex had so much talent on defense it was pathetic he didn't win more. Two of the best man corners in the NFL surrounded by talent that was a giant collective of first and second round talent with only 2 players not in the first 3 rounds starring.

So yeah, Rex sucks ass and if you want to continue an argument against mine I'll need more than just how good he did in games 5 yrs ago. I'll need actual evidence to show how his coaching won games. Because... it didn't.

uh. Blablablabla. Do you realize how much defensive talent he had on that team? How much he squandered it? Do not give me crap about who his QB's were. A shell of a fart of one of the greatest qbs just won the super bowl.

Rex had so much talent on defense it was pathetic he didn't win more. Two of the best man corners in the NFL surrounded by talent that was a giant collective of first and second round talent with only 2 players not in the first 3 rounds starring.

So yeah, Rex sucks ass and if you want to continue an argument against mine I'll need more than just how good he did in games 5 yrs ago. I'll need actual evidence to show how his coaching won games. Because... it didn't.

I will repeat

- Did he at one time coach 2 years in a row a team to the AFC Championship Game

and

- Has he not had top 10 ranked defenses in the past

Stop blowing your spew of last year back at me with every question and just answer the damn question.

You need a hug bro?

I will repeat

- Did he at one time coach 2 years in a row a team to the AFC Championship Game

and

- Has he not had top 10 ranked defenses in the past

Stop blowing your spew of last year back at me with every question and just answer the damn question.

why do I need to answer a question that is clearly true? What will you then say?

"He coached a two time AFC championship contender?". That's like 3rd or 4th place. Ricky Bobby's dad has said itbest . If you're not first you're last.

Further. You tell me to jot worry about last year because it was last year and behind us but try to use the idea that 4-5 yrs ago matters because then it fits your agenda?

Your logic is absurd. Please, debate Tiberius because you'll stand a better chance

You need a hug bro?

your stale memes are stale. If you're going to try to sit at the big table, at least keep your mouth closed until you have something to say.

Mk?

Bill, a big part of the problem is that the vast majority of posters don't do what you're describing here, yet more than a few folks want to paint it that way.

That rankles me far, far more than most criticisms leveled at the organization

You will rarely, if ever, see a poster taken to task for having doubts about Rex/Whaley/etc and stating so in a reasonable fashion

You will, however, see an opinion questioned if it appears unjustified or is presented in an obnoxious or combative manner

I agree, bandit and will add one other thing - I think the posters who are generally respected whether positive or negative and can generally find some discussion, are the ones who are willing to acknowledge another point of view when evidence is presented, or at least acknowledge the evidence then add their 2 cents "OK, good point, but does that really take into account....".

The problem is, if I can borrow the term from religion, fundamentalism on both sides - when someone expresses a viewpoint (positive or negative) which appears to be essentially an article of faith and therefore unchangeable despite any evidence or logical argument or unable to be challenged by any evidence or argument. This crops up from time to time in contributors who are generally reasonable and make good points, but on 1 or 2 topics they are fundamentalist and evangelical about it.

I agree, bandit and will add one other thing - I think the posters who are generally respected whether positive or negative and can generally find some discussion, are the ones who are willing to acknowledge another point of view when evidence is presented, or at least acknowledge the evidence then add their 2 cents "OK, good point, but does that really take into account....".

The problem is, if I can borrow the term from religion, fundamentalism on both sides - when someone expresses a viewpoint (positive or negative) which appears to be essentially an article of faith and therefore unchangeable despite any evidence or logical argument or unable to be challenged by any evidence or argument. This crops up from time to time in contributors who are generally reasonable and make good points, but on 1 or 2 topics they are fundamentalist and evangelical about it.

but like already said. Take roughly 5-10% of the extreme views on either and they're the ones blasting away at the topic in their crusade viewpoint. You cannot call them out because they refuse to be objectionable or present actual evidence or x's and o's worth contributing to the opposing argument. Instead using stats convoluted to make something or examples from a historical point of another generation of football - which is just 3-4 yrs ago in most cases - and fall short of proving their statements worth a shred of merit for an argument.

A case is happening above. The argument could be made that Tony Dungy could win another super bowl. Or brian billick could get to an AFC championship. Or Jim harbaugh could win a super bowl. Etc etc. The NFL doesn't work like that. Not one of them will win another super bowl or AFC title game.

Trying not to be too negative, and my name ain't Nancy, but Man this sucks. We were headed in the right direction, then made a right turn somewhere(Albuquerque?) . Oh yea, it was hiring Rex, who apparently couldn't take the talented defense we had any further. Now we change course to a different defense that requires different personnel. So Mario's replacement could miss anywhere from 4-6 games(depending on who you ask), hmmmm. We could have done better with the 19th pick. I wouldn't spend a ton on a new car if I knew it had a recall to fix a problem and a 1st round pick is a ton. The 19th pick was too valuable to risk on a player that was going to have to have surgery, and we knew it. The 2nd round, maybe, maybe. Don't forget we drafted him with the expectation of him starting right away. So, what's the backup plan? Manny!?!? I like Manny, but he's no Mario. That position is in trouble, even if/when Shaq comes back. He's a rookie who will be coming back from surgery. Knowing the risks, Whaley should have had a better plan B or drafted someone else. I don't think Whaley's seat is hot yet. I'm waiting to see some improvement in the defense, as this is Rex's baby. If the defense does not improve, I think Rex is on the hot seat. But hey, we're fully pregnant, whatever that means. Oh yea, it means Rob looks fully pregnant and about due. I hope he delivers a hellacious defense and not a giant turd.

I'm hardly a Rex supporter, but John is right. (Did I just type that?) There is no denying that Rex had quite a bit of success in the fairly distant past. I don't care how you spin it, he achieved a lot with his early Jets teams, despite minimal offensive talent. They whipped Brady and the Pats (including in the playoffs) and they advanced to the AFC championship game twice in a row. It was largely because of that record that I supported the Rex hire. It is now appears that I was wrong, and that he either has forgotten how to coach or the game has passed him by. But that doesn't change the fact that Rex did in fact do a great job with those early Jet teams. I think it's pointless to argue otherwise.

your stale memes are stale. If you're going to try to sit at the big table, at least keep your mouth closed until you have something to say.

Mk?

You do need a hug. Bring it in big guy, come to poppa, I still love ya.

na·bob

ˈnābäb/

noun
historical

plural noun: nabobs

1. a Muslim official or governor under the Mogul empire.

I'm hardly a Rex supporter, but John is right. (Did I just type that?) There is no denying that Rex had quite a bit of success in the fairly distant past. I don't care how you spin it, he achieved a lot with his early Jets teams, despite minimal offensive talent. They whipped Brady and the Pats (including in the playoffs) and they advanced to the AFC championship game twice in a row. It was largely because of that record that I supported the Rex hire. It is now appears that I was wrong, and that he either has forgotten how to coach or the game has passed him by. But that doesn't change the fact that Rex did in fact do a great job with those early Jet teams. I think it's pointless to argue otherwise.

how was i at all arguing what rex did in the Renaissance? i mean, he could have painted the sixteen chapel but that doesn't mean he could finger paint today.

further, there was no evidence at the time and still that he was a key factor in that success.

pettine and schottenheiymer were major parts of the success. as well as dennis thurman.

why do I need to answer a question that is clearly true? What will you then say?

"He coached a two time AFC championship contender?". That's like 3rd or 4th place. Ricky Bobby's dad has said itbest . If you're not first you're last.

OK....so we have established that while last year was only a average season.....there is a precedence in the past that shows that he may NOT be a complete bumbling idiot.....because a complete bumbling idiot would not get one game away from the Super Bowl not once.....but in consecutive years. This is not even a "a squirrel finds a nut every once in a while because he did it TWICE in consecutive years......so.....bumbling idiot? No Rex Ryan is not a bumbling idiot.

Also.....while last year did happen....we can now establish that having bad defense really isnt the norm for Rex Ryan.....because you dont want to delve into it to much because it hurts your arguement.....Rex Ryan actually DOES know how to coach defense.

Further. You tell me to jot worry about last year because it was last year and behind us but try to use the idea that 4-5 yrs ago matters because then it fits your agenda?

I did not say not to worry about last year.....the way a top 5 defense fell 20 spots is really bothersome to everyone HOWEVER it was in fact year one of a pretty large overhaul of the team from ownership down......there is no agenda to say that it was year 1 that is just a fact. Patience is required here.

Your logic is absurd. Please, debate Tiberius because you'll stand a better chance

I laugh that you question my logic when yours is so knee jerk and short sighted.

MMMMMMKKKKKKK?

Edited by John from Hemet

but like already said. Take roughly 5-10% of the extreme views on either and they're the ones blasting away at the topic in their crusade viewpoint. You cannot call them out because they refuse to be objectionable or present actual evidence or x's and o's worth contributing to the opposing argument. Instead using stats convoluted to make something or examples from a historical point of another generation of football - which is just 3-4 yrs ago in most cases - and fall short of proving their statements worth a shred of merit for an argument.

Pot.....meet....kettle

A case is happening above. The argument could be made that Tony Dungy could win another super bowl. Or brian billick could get to an AFC championship. Or Jim harbaugh could win a super bowl. Etc etc. The NFL doesn't work like that. Not one of them will win another super bowl or AFC title game.

Pot.....meet....kettle

what does that even mean? your inability to debate or make a valid point is unfathomable.

i can backup how bad rex ryan is by the last 3 years in the nfl. i can break down how he was unable to adjust his schemes and plays. i can break down any x or o you'd like.

you just babble on. it's pointless. you're obtusely optimistic kool aid drinking the shah of sheerah or whatever.

The fact that you agreed with me makes me nervous (just kidding)

And I think its also hard to argue that whatever Rex did with this team last year squandered chances with LAST years team.

The good news? its a new year. We have a starting QB identified. And we can at least hope that this years D crew buy into the D that Rex has successfully used in the past.

what does that even mean? your inability to debate or make a valid point is unfathomable.

i can backup how bad rex ryan is by the last 3 years in the nfl. i can break down how he was unable to adjust his schemes and plays. i can break down any x or o you'd like.

you just babble on. it's pointless. you're obtusely optimistic kool aid drinking the shah of sheerah or whatever.

"and they're the ones blasting away at the topic in their crusade viewpoint."