Ranking ALL Buffalo Bill QB's who have started ONE Game

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw something a few days back, that listed Losman as one of the worst QB's in NFL history. It had Leaf as the worst.

That is simply not accurate. In 2006, he took every snap, threw for over 3,000 yards, 19 TD's to 14 INT's, ranked 12th in the NFL in passer rating and led a Bills team completely bereft of talent to a 7-9 record. Do you have any idea how many QB's in history could not stake such a claim? Literally hundreds. Including dozens of Bills QB's on this silly list. Sorry but for whatever it's worth (not much I realize), he goes down as a better all time Bills QB than certainly EJ Manuel and probably Trent Edwards (those two are as close as two QB's could possibly be). Which isn't to say they all did not suck.

P.S. pretty funny that on Trent Edwards' official pro football reference page, it lists his nickname as 'Captain Checkdown.'

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I would say that if nothing else, I would agree with the OP's top 13 QB's- in some order. In other words, that wouldn't be my order but I would agree that those are probably the top 13. But after that, it's almost as if he's picking names out of a hat. The order is completely random and has absolutely zero rhyme or reason to it.

Top 13 = 9 qbs and 4 dividers... But yeah top 9

Kelly

Kemp

Fergy

Flutie

Bledsoe

TT

Orton

Fitz

Reich (I know the love is immense for him, but he was a career back up)

I said consecutive... Try again

Doesn't matter. Neither was a franchise QB regardless of consecutive rings or not. In the case of Kemp, he many times got pulled in favor of Darryle Lamonica to spark the Bills offense as I posted earlier. That simply does not happen to franchise QBs regardless of the era.

Doesn't matter. Neither was a franchise QB regardless of consecutive rings or not. In the case of Kemp, he many times got pulled in favor of Darryle Lamonica to spark the Bills offense as I posted earlier. That simply does not happen to franchise QBs regardless of the era.

Except for that bum, Joe Montana, who got benched in a 1987 season playoff game versus Minnesota for Steve Young. So it does happen.

Ej is better than Thad and Trent IMO.

For all his worts, he is more likely to keep throwing unlike Trent and Thad is Fitz with a better arm and worse accuracy

Trent Edwards had his year and games. In 2008, the Bills opened the season 5-1. Bills fans were saying Trent looked like another Joe Montana after starting the season 4-0. Trust me they were... and right in this forum!

That helmet to helmet hit that Edwards took by Adrian Wilson in that week five Arizona game would have been a fine or even bannable hit by today's standards. Some fans say that he should have thrown the ball away after he saw the safety coming unblocked and others say it took great fortitude to stand in there and throw a completed pass while taking on that hit. Two seconds was all he had to decide!

That hit defined Edwards career IMHO, mostly because while he did return to win the next game against the Chargers. Edwards play went downhill after that Chargers game and probably because he was still suffering from concussion symptoms. Now, in today's game players that suffer a serious concussion go through much, much different protocols and Edwards probably should have sat out most of that year if not the entire year to fully recover.

I think a lot of Buffalo Bills QB's over the last fifty-five years have been defined by the offensive talent around them.

Kelly and Kemp are probably in the same category.

After that it is a toss up.

Based on stats, Tyrod in his first year has better stats than Dougie's first year.

Flutie's first season with the Bills was Good QB, next season Average QB at best and Mediocre QB in his third season. People will disagree, and I get it.

I was in high school during the RJ and Flutie war. Three years of aggressive complaining on WGR on who they think should start and who should sit. I remember one guy calling in stating he was gay with RJ. Turned out to be a pro Flutie guy. I don't miss those years.

Trent Edwards had his year and games. In 2008, the Bills opened the season 5-1. Bills fans were saying Trent looked like another Joe Montana after starting the season 4-0. Trust me they were... and right in this forum!

That helmet to helmet hit that Edwards took by Adrian Wilson in that week five Arizona game would have been a fine or even bannable hit by today's standards. Some fans say that he should have thrown the ball away after he saw the safety coming unblocked and others say it took great fortitude to stand in there and throw a completed pass while taking on that hit. Two seconds was all he had to decide!

That hit defined Edwards career IMHO, mostly because while he did return to win the next game against the Chargers. Edwards play went downhill after that Chargers game and probably because he was still suffering from concussion symptoms. Now, in today's game players that suffer a serious concussion go through much, much different protocols and Edwards probably should have sat out most of that year if not the entire year to fully recover.

I think a lot of Buffalo Bills QB's over the last fifty-five years have been defined by the offensive talent around them.

I was at that game with my brother. When he got hit, the team deflated. It was insane to watch a 4-0 team get trounced and watch Kurt Warner and his dumb gloves dissect Jauron's defense with quick slants all day long. Same play, over and over. Quick slant to Fitzgerald. Quick slant to Breaston. Edited by KollegeStudnet

Kelly and Kemp are probably in the same category.

After that it is a toss up.

Based on stats, Tyrod in his first year has better stats than Dougie's first year.

Flutie's first season with the Bills was Good QB, next season Average QB at best and Mediocre QB in his third season. People will disagree, and I get it.

I was in high school during the RJ and Flutie war. Three years of aggressive complaining on WGR on who they think should start and who should sit. I remember one guy calling in stating he was gay with RJ. Turned out to be a pro Flutie guy. I don't miss those years.

I was at that game with my brother. When he got hit, the team deflated. It was insane to watch a 4-0 team, get trounced and watch Kurt Warner and his dumb gloves dissect Jauron's defense with quick slants all day long.

I laughed.

Top 13 = 9 qbs and 4 dividers... But yeah top 9

Kelly

Kemp

Fergy

Flutie

Bledsoe

TT

Orton

Fitz

Reich (I know the love is immense for him, but he was a career back up)

Whoops yeah I meant top 9.

Kemp won consecutive championship games.... That's pretty franchise

I know it was a different era but take a look at Kemp's stats in those years. His norm was like 7 TD passes, 20+ INTs, 40% completion s. He was a gritty game manager and the team's defense won those championships

What a terrible list and ranking

I said that Bledsoe sucked when he was with the Bills.

He was obviously a good QB at one time, but that was mostly when he was with the Pats.

Belichick fleeced the Bills by trading Bledsoe for a R1 pick.

Drew made the pro bowl with the bills