NFL Over/Under for 2016: Bills at Eight Wins

Bills' 2016 Over/Under  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills Win Over or Under Eight Games in 2016?

• Over Eight Wins
    • Under Eight Wins
    • Exactly Eight Wins

The Raiders are set to blow up in 2016. Here are our early over/under picks for every team in the AFC.

Buffalo Bills 8.0 Over (-115) / Under (-115) — Tremendous job of improving in the draft on defense by the Bills. Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland make them better off the bat. No one is talking about the quarterback situation though — if Tyrod Taylor isn't happy and won't play for a low amount of money, they could be stuck with EJ Manuel. Taylor is going to play, but him unhappy is bad news. Cardale Jones starting in the NFL right now? Worse news. Sammy Watkins is a stud, but who is playing next to him? This defense gets way better, but the offense gets way worse in a surprisingly down year.

VERDICT: UNDER

Don't expect the Eagles to fly very high in 2016. Here are our early over/under win total picks for every team in the NFC.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have no clue. Yes, they played down to their competition last year and were ransacked with injuries. Many teams go on a 5 win run that catapults them into playoff contention. But these are the Bills -whos' last 4 game winning steak was followed by 7 losses. We have no recent history to suggest we can put a 3 game winning streak together. I've been effectively reduced to being optimistic that another 8 win season means I can proudly say we haven't been losers in 3 years!

8 wins.

That's the dumbest !@#$ing logic I've ever read? We are going to be under 8 wins because TT is going to be in a bad mood?

I post dumb things all the time, can I get paid for it too?

Lightning in a bottle is going to have to strike on the offensive side of the ball. I'm reluctant to believe that our defense, vitally depending on immediate relief from rookie play, will drastically improve. The team is historically snake bitten with injuries.

That said, I'll be ecstatic with Tyrod playing at a "we're going to pay you" level, the defense regains the Rex Ryan swagger, and our rushing game is a dynamic run by committee approach (I get the "But we're paying Shady so much" comments). Long term, buying into the big picture....We need a stable of contributing backs. Shady will play his roll, especially with getting older.

Thus, better than 8 wins....With reservation. I'm hoping for the best!

That's the dumbest !@#$ing logic I've ever read? We are going to be under 8 wins because TT is going to be in a bad mood?

Ha ha, awesome....Agreed!

I think the offense should be better if we remain at a reasonable injury level (especially Tyrod). The defense has to be better with people who are actually trying and another year to learn the system. Worst case, we DON'T get better, and Rex goes away, so that's a trade off.

Buffalo Bills 8.0 Over (-115) / Under (-115) — Tremendous job of improving in the draft on defense by the Bills. Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland make them better off the bat. No one is talking about the quarterback situation though — if Tyrod Taylor isn't happy and won't play for a low amount of money, they could be stuck with EJ Manuel. Taylor is going to play, but him unhappy is bad news. Cardale Jones starting in the NFL right now? Worse news. Sammy Watkins is a stud, but who is playing next to him? This defense gets way better, but the offense gets way worse in a surprisingly down year.

VERDICT: UNDER

if we let TT go, QB will be our top priority next draft.

other than Kelly and Watson who are the top QBs out there? Any hidden gems like Wentz out there.

I think the offense should be better if we remain at a reasonable injury level (especially Tyrod). The defense has to be better with people who are actually trying and another year to learn the system. Worst case, we DON'T get better, and Rex goes away, so that's a trade off.

the offense will be worse, because we lost/didn't replace talent at WR and RT

Injuries were the key on offense. We lost ALL of our RB's at one point, which is pretty crappy for a run first team. We are now down Chris Hogan and a guy who was too injured or disinterested to play. Woods played injured, Sammy missed time and we had to play EJ. (London still haunts me.) Tyrod staying smart and healthy is my biggest concern, even more than him progressing. RT concerns me, but I don't think it could be worse next year. Someone will step up or another guy will be brought in.

Injuries were the key on offense. We lost ALL of our RB's at one point, which is pretty crappy for a run first team. We are now down Chris Hogan and a guy who was too injured or disinterested to play. Woods played injured, Sammy missed time and we had to play EJ. (London still haunts me.) Tyrod staying smart and healthy is my biggest concern, even more than him progressing. RT concerns me, but I don't think it could be worse next year. Someone will step up or another guy will be brought in.

RT is a HUGE problem, I would have drafted one in the second or third.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I think the team will be much better but, honestly, I have no idea whether the record will reflect that. Tough schedule - we're going to have to grow a LOT as a team.

I went with 8. I could see 6 and I could see 10. 8 just feels like the safest answer.

Yep.

RT is a HUGE problem, I would have drafted one in the second or third.

We don't know about Seantrel's health, or what other options might become available. Worst case? If it ended the reign of Rex. So not ALL bad.

I went with 8. I could see 6 and I could see 10. 8 just feels like the safest answer.

I lean toward the hopeful side, despite my feelings on Rex. Maybe I should seek help? Too many years of this......

It won't be on the offense. It's on the d

Agreed, it would be all on the D based on what we saw last year. Rex was atrocious! (He's the HC, so players not trying falls on him too.) But how many points do we need to score? Can we do that? I think we have the makings of a good offense. A WR and RT, maybe O'Leary or someone else stepping up at TE? Not that far off, I think.

We don't know about Seantrel's health, or what other options might become available. Worst case? If it ended the reign of Rex. So not ALL bad.

I lean toward the hopeful side, despite my feelings on Rex. Maybe I should seek help? Too many years of this......

no confidence

no confidence

Fair enough. But there will be a plan, and a back up plan, and then the next thing. Not saying it will be great, but I expect better. I trust Whaley more than most, and I'm hopeful about Roman. Rex? Not so much....but he has had success, so I can't deny that.

No one really makes any sense talking about the Bills this year. I don't know what it means, from this guy being negative to Gil Brandt saying Ragland improves points allowed by 7 points.

The Bills are loaded talent wise but people don't trust us. I get it. Who can trust the Bills and Rex Ryan?

The Bills know about Hendersons health.

You can tell theses guys dont watch Bills games. We didnt lose anyone on offense, in fact we added a really good rookie RB, and the fastest rookie WR, and have a HEALTHY Woods, Watkins, Shady, and offensive line returning, without a QB controversy to take away reps from TT in the off-season. SO HOW THE HELL DID OUR OFFENSE GET WORSE??? That makes no sense, 2nd year under G-Ro with continuity on the O-line and OFF in general and a solidified starting QB. Im not saying we win 11 or even 10 but to assume Tyrods gonna play bad on purpose bc of his salary is insulting to TT to say the least. Im not jabbing them cuz they took the under but the reasoning they used was surprisingly stupid...then again these are the same media types that had the Dolphins shlong so far down their throat last off-season they had baby dolphins nesting in their stomach.

This. Xs 10. I thought I was the only one that wanted to punch the screen reading that.

Edited by Marty McFly

if we let TT go, QB will be our top priority next draft.

other than Kelly and Watson who are the top QBs out there? Any hidden gems like Wentz out there.

bro that makes no sense tho, Henderson was replaced by Mills almost mid-season last year due to INjury and Miller played most of his rookie season with a high ankle sprain which is a big deal for offensive line men. We didnt replace Harvin but, he only played in 5 games so thats a wash. Also Woods played the WHOLE SEASON with a serious groin injury. Thats crazy for WR when you need to make cuts on a dime to get off your routes. Adding Listenbee gives the defense a burner to worry about while they double team Watkins along with the other mediocre WRs we got in FA too. The only talent we didnt replace was Ubrik so I agree with you there, just remember this season they have Kromer witout suspension to coach them up and everyones in the same system for the 2nd year with no QB controversy. Miller 2nd season, TT 2nd 'starter' season, healthy WR core, OLine Coach not suspended, 2nd G-Ro year, and a really good Rook RB. Aside from Ubrik, I dont see how we got worse on offense, all things considered it seems like a wash at worst.

Edited by Marty McFly