Bills' Rookie Minicamp Starts on Friday

Can we not call him CJ? Bad memories man.

Anyone who has ventured out into the world can agree with what he says. You can get a great wings in the most unusual places.

But Duffs :sick: ? :sick:? :sick:? :sick:?

Bills' sponsor.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I laughed pretty hard, and then I felt sad for Cardale.

But seriously, though there are certainly knocks on Rex as a coach, one thing that can't be ignored is that he knows how to fire up players. The people who play for him will run through walls for him.

Same here.

There needs to be a word for "I laughed at first, but as I thought about it, it's kind of horriying"

I'm sure the Germans have it.

But seriously, though there are certainly knocks on Rex as a coach, one thing that can't be ignored is that he knows how to fire up players. The people who play for him will run through walls for him.

he has had a tough life and all of his father figures have been coaches. I linked to a bleacher report article about his upbringing earlier in the thread if you don't know his story. Fortunately, he has had some coaches who cared.

Can we not call him CJ? Bad memories man.

Anyone who has ventured out into the world can agree with what he says. You can get a great wings in the most unusual places.

But Duffs :sick: ? :sick:? :sick:? :sick:?

Here's something I learned recently: Every Duff's location is it's own stand-alone restaurant with no tie to any of the others except in name. Everything from menu selection to wing quality is going to change. So if someone wants to go to Duff's, go to the original (and maybe the West Seneca location).

But yeah, I just saw Karlos Williams at Gabe's Gate a couple weeks ago. He brought a few other players with him because, as he put it, "I've been talking these wings up all offseason". Karlos needs to get Striker to the Gate immediately.

Part of the reason: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Rookie-minicamp-notes/813aa5a3-2621-458c-bfc3-5a2bafa8b743

from the article...

He might be my long lost dad,” said Jones with a smirk. “I’ve been looking for that guy for 23 years. I think I found him. Great guy. When I got to visit here at Buffalo he had some pretty honest remarks. He told our (Ohio State) players that we’ve got six of you guys here and he told some of them, ‘We’re not going to draft you guys. You’re going to be long gone before we pick.’ He told Adolphus (Washington) and he told me if you’re around we’re going to get you. We’re not here to BS you. It was pretty sweet when they called.

That is some real straight shooting, and then following up on your word and doing what you said you will do. That is how you cultivate loyalty and trust.

Edited by DrDareustein

Part of the reason: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Rookie-minicamp-notes/813aa5a3-2621-458c-bfc3-5a2bafa8b743

from the article...

That is some real straight shooting, and then following up on your word and doing what you said you will do. That is how you cultivate loyalty and trust.

It's funny because 4 of those 6 went within the top-16 picks. So Rex was right (although I thought that Taylor Decker was a reach).

It's funny because 4 of those 6 went within the top-16 picks. So Rex was right (although I thought that Taylor Decker was a reach).

Scouting/GM/FO on point lately. Hopefully Rex can equal that performance in his role this year. :thumbsup:

Careful man, you could rip a hole in your space time continuum.

geez, i really loathe when that happens

when that happens

happens

s

I think Rex is more real than Buffalo Bills fans were ready to admit. warts and all. he is a good hearted, honest guy. To a fault probably though as far as the media goes

Attitude adjustment: Bills HC Rex Ryan counting on top three picks bringing the pain on defense

By Tyler Dunne

1004807356-Sports-Daily-47-683x1024-1.jp

Shaq Lawson is 6 foot 3, 270 pounds of mean.

Of course the Buffalo Bills’ new outside linebacker remembers his first big hit in Pop Warner.

“I sent a kid to the hospital one day,” Lawson said. “I knocked him out so bad. I was playing running back at the time but I ran him over. I was 10 years old, running the ball, and I trucked him.”

I keeping hearing that Bar Bills is the best wings and weck

They are certainly up there. Not sure anyone can name a clear-cut winner for the region.

I'll give Striker some leeway here. You definitely can get really good (as good as Buffalo) wings at plenty of places around the country. As long as they make them crispy and toss them in some Franks+Butter, you've got good wings.

I've had a much harder time finding good pizza than good wings around the country. And it seems like the chicken finger sub only exists up here too.

@JohnMurphyShow

Inside NFL Rookie Minicamps with @MattBowen41 of http://ESPN.com

tonight at 810pm

Matt Bowen:"Have to control the line of scrimmage" (15:13)
Former Bills safety and now ESPN.com NFL Writer Matt Bowen joined The John Murphy Show to discuss his latest article on what rookies will experience during the Rookie Minicamp and why he thinks the Bills draft class will help the defense in 2016.

Hear Matt on air NOW!

Bowen: When you're tired, the first thing to go is technique, that's why conditioning can be so hard at these minicamps

Bowen: Ragland will put you on the ground when he hits you, he can rush the pass. I think he's going to be a really good NFL player

Bowen: With Lawson, you have the edge rusher you need, he's very productive.

Bowen: If you want to beat NE, you have to control line of scrimmage, and that's what Buffalo did in this draft

Sloppy football and puking: Inside NFL rookie minicamps
Rookie minicamps can be a shock to the system, as players' minds and bodies adjust to the pro game. Tired legs and poor technique are the norm, writes Matt Bowen.