2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only guy is Mitch at five for broncos Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say only guy. That's likely where Elway needs to get for McCaffery, above the Chargers and Panthers. Given his relationship to the family and Stanford ties, it's a very real possibility he goes all out for him.

I can confirm multiple teams jockeying for McCaffrey

But no one knows if Garrett will still be there and it's maddening for trying to plan

It feels like a massive standoff at this point. The Titans might be the quiet key in this. The Browns clearly want to take Garrett and Trub. The 49ers want Garrett to fall either for themselves or to sell for a kings ransom. Tennessee may be in play for Garrett or may be looking at Thomas if they stay at 5. San Fran wants to trade down and knows if they only go to 5 on selling Garrett they still get one of Thomas / Adams or Fournette if they want. The Browns know they likely need to get above the Jets to get Trub, but it benefits everyone to force them to take Trub 1. If Haslam is truly all in for Trub, I'd have to believe either they just take Trub at #1 or give San Fran a massive overpay to get pick #2, which stands against every Browns belief. I think this is the most interesting top of the draft I ever remember in the last 20+ years.

Not to mention there's starting to be a lot of heat about the Jags taking Watson, which could be legit heat or it could really be playing the Browns if Trub is their smokescreen on Watson interest.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

It feels like a massive standoff at this point. The Titans might be the quiet key in this. The Browns clearly want to take Garrett and Trub. The 49ers want Garrett to fall either for themselves or to sell for a kings ransom. Tennessee may be in play for Garrett or may be looking at Thomas if they stay at 5. The Browns know they likely need to get above the Jets to get Trub, but it benefits everyone to force them to take Trub 1. If Haslam is truly all in for Trub, I'd have to believe either they just take Trub at #1 or give San Fran a massive overpay to get pick #2, which stands against every Browns belief. I think this is the most interesting top of the draft I ever remember in the last 20+ years.

There is no doubt about that. 2006 is the only that was even close. We are a few hours out and have no idea what 1-5 look like.

Don't know if that is more or less chaos.

She's been the one voice all along saying the Browns are taking Garrett no matter what. Knowing the Browns, this Trub stuff the last couple of days could have been gauging backlash if they did it and the reaction was so negative they might be scared off. Or it might all be smoke screening (Mary Kay is their propaganda machine) to try and drive the price down on a trade. They've played their hand so hard on Trub any move up for #12 will likely come at a steep price, so either they screwed themselves or it was a smokescreen the whole time. One thing is likely true though, if Wentz is playing Trub (playing for someone else) in the Super Bowl in a few years and the Browns still don't have a QB, there's going to be a whole bunch of guys who popcorn salesman is the only way they are working in the league again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.