2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NFL_CFB

@MikeMayock's #NFLDraft position rankings 2.0: Major player movement, including new No. 1 at RB, CB, safety. http://on.nfl.com/LJs2cU

I can't get past the Roderick Johnson #4 OT while having Robinson/Dawkins as guards thing. It's mindboggling.

As for Peppers, I get it. Easy to talk up his theory when you never have to worry about the practical application.

Latest Mock with my thoughts:

1: R1P10
TE O.J. HOWARD (Can help as the quasi #2 WR, also helps out in run blocking).
ALABAMA
2: R2P12
CB TEEZ TABOR (Great cover corner. Concern is his attitude--fights with teamates. Otherwise great pick who can cover NE WR's running intermediate routes.)
FLORIDA
3: R3P11
S DESMOND KING (played CB in College. A bit small and likely moves to safety. Very versitle. Can also serve as backup kick returner).
IOWA
4: R5P12
C KYLE FULLER (with Wood on the last year of his contract, will likely be needing a center next season. Seems to fit the Bills offensive system. Provides depth this year).
BAYLOR
5: R5P27
WR KD CANNON (great slot WR. If Watkins stays healthy, you have a lot of great receiving options. Perhpas the next AB??!!!)
BAYLOR
6: R6P11
S JOHNATHAN FORD (great value with 6th round pick. Guy who could eventually start and provides depth).
AUBURN
RECENT PICKS
Edited by RyanC883

Yolo, what's your take on Lattimore vs. Conley?

Both are going to be very good NFL corners imo. Lattimore is kind of a freak talent but has chronic hamstring issue and only one year starting experience. Conley is the cleaner/safer prospect from a health and experience standpoint but ceiling might not be as high. Conley has nice short area burst and ability to read the QB for zone D, but also both played on an island under Schiano last year with great success. Lattimore has some skills you just can't teach. Edited by YoloinOhio

Wow! Just wow! Am I the only one who noticed what he did with Peppers? Moved him to number 1 ahead of Adams and Hooker!

He's got to be doing it to generate clicks and give the people something to talk about, just because he can play some offense and played LB in college does not mean he's a better Safety prospect than Adams or Hooker, or Baker for that matter. If he says Peppers is a better safety prospect than Adams or Hooker because his tape is better at the position, then he's trolling for sure.

"He can play RB, LB and is not good in coverage (but he could handle coverage :huh:) and only generated one turn over (FF) and intercepted (a nice athletic play to catch the ball) a tipped pass, not actually making a play on the ball in coverage." #1 Safety???

Who ever takes him, better have a plan.

I find it comical...

I can't get past the Roderick Johnson #4 OT while having Robinson/Dawkins as guards thing. It's mindboggling.

As for Peppers, I get it. Easy to talk up his theory when you never have to worry about the practical application.

Is it me or is Johnson one of the most un-coordinated "top" prospects in recent memory at tackle?

Personally I would try Robinson and Dawkins at tackle, then move them inside if need be, with Dawkins imo being a better guard prospect then tackle, but a capable tackle prospect to start with. Peppers hype train is rolling, practical application? indeed...

I don't like the tackle class at all. I haven't looked at Dawkins.... is he worth half an hour of my time?

I have Lamp as a sure 1st rounder at guard and a borderline 1st at tackle and then Robinson, Ramczyk and Bolles all as 2nd rounders.

Taylor Morton from Western Michigan is the one there that I have as a more likely "development" guard prospect.

Both are going to be very good NFL corners imo. Lattimore is kind of a freak talent but has chronic hamstring issue and only one year starting experience. Conley is the cleaner/safer prospect from a health and experience standpoint but ceiling might not be as high. Conley has nice short area burst and ability to read the QB for zone D, but also both played on an island under Schiano last year with great success. Lattimore has some skills you just can't teach.

Thanks. Conley is a plus intangibles guy too, right? Team captain?

I'm starting to think he is an option at 10... I can just hear the outrage at selecting the 2nd best CB on his own college team at 10 :lol:

I'm starting to think he is an option at 10... I can just hear the outrage at selecting the 2nd best CB on his own college team at 10 :lol:

If we pick Conley at 10 I might be buying a new TV on the Friday morning... because there is half a chance my foot would go through mine.

I would be furious if we pick a 2nd round CB and leave Watson or Trubisky on the board.

yes actually both are smart, humble kids from NE ohio. Conley was a captain. He's better than our guy Eli Apple who went 10th overall last year, that's for sure. But stronger CB draft this year could impact where he goes. Belichik loves Schiano coached guys so he probably wants to get his mitts on one of them but not happening unless he can trade Butler. Edited by YoloinOhio

15: R1P15

CB MARSHON LATTIMORE

OHIO STATE

44: R2P12

S OBI MELIFONWU

UCONN

46: R2P14

TE EVAN ENGRAM

OLE MISS

75: R3P11

WR CURTIS SAMUEL

OHIO STATE

121: R4P14

QB CHAD KELLY

OLE MISS

156: R5P12

LB ALEX ANZALONE

FLORIDA

171: R5P27

WR AMBA ETTA-TAWO

SYRACUSE

195: R6P11

OT DAN SKIPPER

ARKANSAS

traded down with the Colts and picked up their 1st, 2nd, and 4th. If this were our draft I think it would go down as one of the best classes in history. Potential starters at every position of need plus immediate starters at corner, safety, tight end, and receiver

CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
OHIO STATE
S OBI MELIFONWU
UCONN
TE EVAN ENGRAM
OLE MISS
WR CURTIS SAMUEL
OHIO STATE
QB CHAD KELLY
OLE MISS
LB ALEX ANZALONE
FLORIDA
WR AMBA ETTA-TAWO
SYRACUSE
OT DAN SKIPPER
ARKANSAS
traded down with the Colts and picked up their 1st, 2nd, and 4th. If this were our draft I think it would go down as one of the best classes in history. Potential starters at every position of need plus immediate starters at corner, safety, tight end, and receiver

that would be a great draft. I really hope we can trade down and swing something like this.

CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
OHIO STATE
S OBI MELIFONWU
UCONN
TE EVAN ENGRAM
OLE MISS
WR CURTIS SAMUEL
OHIO STATE
QB CHAD KELLY
OLE MISS
LB ALEX ANZALONE
FLORIDA
WR AMBA ETTA-TAWO
SYRACUSE
OT DAN SKIPPER
ARKANSAS

If something like this happens I would be so happy.

Who did the Colts take with the trade up? The problem with a lot of the trade down scenarios I see is finding a target worth getting up for.

Fournette. Who I personally believe will be gone by then but there were plenty of players that people would be willing to get like Mike Williams D Barnett and Taco Charlton

Round 3? Yikes, hope he had an insurance policy.

Pre-injury Sidney Jones was by CB1 in this draft.

I can't go all-in on a guy with an Achilles injury--the RTP rate (return to previous performance rate) for Achilles injuries is less than 70%--prior to Round 3 in a draft as strong at the CB position as this one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.