Bears release Matt Slauson -Signed w/ San Diego

JM57

The transition from a spread college offensive lineman to a NFL system is a very hard one to make. I thought Miller performed admirably, considering what he ran at Louisville is nothing like we asked him to do. Often times the goal with rookie olinemen is to redshirt them (like the Cardinals did with DJ Humphries last year), so let's not close the book on Miller yet.

That being said, I do hope we add Slauson as depth and competition on the oline can't hurt, especially since we did not address it during the draft.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cue the deer

Awesome! I loved that movie as a kid but feel like I'm the only one who knows it.

what the heck is this "release the deers" and is it related to "ground up, freezer" that is popping up in this thread?

It's from the early 90's Chevy Chase movie Funny Farm. A married couple move from the city into the country and have a rough time with the transition.

The "cue the deer" scene is near the end of the movie when they're desperately trying to sell their house in order to move back into the city and are using various tricks to make their home look better than it is to prospective buyers.

Awesome! I loved that movie as a kid but feel like I'm the only one who knows it.

It's from the early 90's Chevy Chase movie Funny Farm. A married couple move from the city into the country and have a rough time with the transition.

The "cue the deer" scene is near the end of the movie when they're desperately trying to sell their house in order to move back into the city and are using various tricks to make their home look better than it is to prospective buyers.

Exactly. I've slightly amended it. The rally call when we have a confirmed visitor is "release the deers"

There's a progression of Billsisims:

Release the deers

Fire up the Taurus

F5

Ground up in the freezer

Ralph is cheap

Edited by Jamie Nails

it was an overnight

Oh wait I'm not allowed to post in this thread until I have news #slausonwatch

I was just going to say....

"Hey what did we talk about you posting?"

Although in this case, you actually gave me news by confirming it was an overnight visit

CBF

it was an overnight

Oh wait I'm not allowed to post in this thread until I have news #slausonwatch

you really have difficulty following instructions , don't you Yolo ?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-host-free-agent-G-Matt-Slauson/9e39c42d-7a12-499d-a67c-c0506ab91c0b

Staying through Friday at least. Hope something gets worked out. This would be a nice get for the OL. :thumbsup:

If only for depth, i would feel much more comfortable.

And i like the guy's character. Looks and feels Biils ish