Bears release Matt Slauson -Signed w/ San Diego

JM57

Guard/center, played for Rex Ryan in New Jersey. On the wrong side of 30, but still a solid starter. Wish the Bills had the cap room to make this work. I think he's an upgrade over John Miller, and probably Velasco as well.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he plays the left side but not sure.

Did he also play for Kromer in Chicago?

He was there from 2013-15, so I would say that yes, there is also a Kromer connection.

Seems he's played mostly LG or C in the NFL, but did play mostly RG at Nebraska in his junior and senior seasons after being kicked inside from tackle.

Edited by JM57

Guard/center, played for Rex Ryan in New Jersey. On the wrong side of 30, but still a solid starter. Wish the Bills had the cap room to make this work. I think he's an upgrade over John Miller, and probably Velasco as well.

They want Miller to play. He's young. They aren't getting rid of him at this early stage.

They want Miller to play. He's young. They aren't getting rid of him at this early stage.

If you're really in win now mode, this is a move you make. The kid was average on his best days last year. If you want Tyrod to stay on the field, better shore up the OL however you can

If you're really in win now mode, this is a move you make. The kid was average on his best days last year. If you want Tyrod to stay on the field, better shore up the OL however you can

If this was a vet tackle with scheme familiarity I think they'd be all over it. But as I have said frequently in other threads when I watch the plays back with Miller there is enough there to encourage you for 2016 and beyond. The way he keeps learning is on the field.

If this was a vet tackle with scheme familiarity I think they'd be all over it. But as I have said frequently in other threads when I watch the plays back with Miller there is enough there to encourage you for 2016 and beyond. The way he keeps learning is on the field.

We also added our vet guard/center

I'd love if the Bills signed him. According to bears fans, they disapprove of his being cut citing him as one of their best OL last season. It would be nice to get him as veteran backup or even starting material opposite of Richie. I know we want Miller on the field as much as possible, but we also can't afford to have him be a liability especially if we want Tyrod to succeed. The Rex Ryan/Kromer connections and cheap price tag make this plausible.

This would be big for us. He's a vet, would be cheap. And we only need him for 2 year deal till Miller gets his act together. This makes a lot of sense.

Hopefully a RT will fall into our lap with a June 1st cut