Jerry Jones Regrets Not Overpaying to Get Lynch

I thought the object was to get really good players, not just players in quantity.

There you go! That's why I'd trade 4th's all day long to move up.

I will be interesting to see what happens with the Browns and the nine 4 & 5 picks they had.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it more than once:

Jerry Jones is probably one of the most football savvy owners in the League!!

Jerry Jones is probably one of the least football savvy GM's in the league.

This guy is such a lunatic. It amazes me that the DeMarco Murray situation somehow destroyed two franchises. It's crazy how chain reactions work in the NFL. If Dallas pays Murray a bit more than they were offering, he doesn't go to Philly, the Cowboys win more games last year, Chip Kelly maybe doesn't trade away McCoy and then get fired for being a horrible GM, and the Cowboys don't need to blow the 4th overall pick on a running back.

Jerruh will do the same thing with QBs these next few years. He chases, and alternates between impulsiveness and openly regretted self-discipline.

He's a clown.

I've said it more than once:

Jerry Jones is probably one of the most football savvy owners in the League!!

Jerry Jones is probably one of the least football savvy GM's in the league.

Just a hunch, but I'll bet his football people wanted Jaylen Ramsey.

getting lynch 5 picks later is definitely MORE valuable to the team, but they were only willing to give up less resources to do it.... either their logic was embarrassingly off for leaders at that level, or the story is.

My bet is the logic. Recall that the whole "draft value chart" started with Jerry and Jimmy. Old habits die hard. In any event, it's supremely stupid. That we can all agree on.

My bet is the logic. Recall that the whole "draft value chart" started with Jerry and Jimmy. Old habits die hard. In any event, it's supremely stupid. That we can all agree on.

Yup. I'd guess true. I think one of the more concrete examples of simply having the job title doesn't mean your decision making is better than an average joe on all the choices. Sometimes guys just blow it based on dated or misplaced judgements

Just a guess, but I think the Bills would have selected Ragland and Jarron Reed in the 2nd round if the deal had been completed.

Then you guessed right, Rex said that he was trying to trade back up and take Reed after he snagged Ragland, this board would have exploded if they hit on that coup.

This sounds like a botched draft to me. :rolleyes:

@BuffRumblings

#Bills were the only team to gain value on every pick according to one consensus board http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/5/2/11564430/bills-the-only-team-without-a-draft-reach-per-one-consensus-board

ChccFjaWkAAApZ7.jpg

Awesome. that draft has got me back on the koolaid. !@#$! Whatever happens this season I hope we get to keep Whaley cuz hes starting to really develop into a solid GM when it comes to draft picks.

Awesome. that draft has got me back on the koolaid. !@#$! Whatever happens this season I hope we get to keep Whaley cuz hes starting to really develop into a solid GM when it comes to draft picks.

Forget that! Bring on the czar! :lol:

Forget that! Bring on the czar! :lol:

Polian sits in a big office chair over looking Buffalo, New York from a hidden location..doing the Mr.Burns with his hands, sayin egggggzelent....

Are you really defending Jones' lunacy? The point of this thread, I think, is that Jones drafted one QB and then immediately pined for another -- which is absolutely bizarre behavior.

A jurrah knee-jerk reaction that got blown out of proportion in the media and made even bigger with the Prescott anti-Romo tweets they dug up. This and the NFL media dont have much to talk about after the draft so they stretch non-stories into stories.

Edited by Marty McFly

I'm not sure jarran Reed and his college career high of one sack makes the Bills much better. Lawson had 12.5 sacks last year and fared well against Stanley.

and 22.5 tackles for loss. When you put it that way Shaq might have better stats then 2 Lbs or DE DTs in the 4th combined. Thats crazy

Polian sits in a big office chair over looking Buffalo, New York from a hidden location..doing the Mr.Burns with his hands, sayin egggggzelent....

A jurrah knee-jerk reaction that got blown out of proportion in the media and made even bigger with the Prescott anti-Romo tweets they dug up. This and the NFL media dont have much to talk about after the draft so they stretch non-stories into stories.

giphy.gif

:thumbsup:

Just a hunch, but I'll bet his football people wanted Jaylen Ramsey.

Agree. So they now have a three down back. Wonderful. The problems that they have in the defensive backfield are harder to solve and Ramsey is as much a candidate for generational talent than Elliott. Actually probably more.

Im beginning to think Jerry is maybe not so bright, esp. considering the QB fiasco.

@MMehtaNYDN

John Elway traded up in the first round for Paxton Lynch. Jets had a 3rd/4th-round grade on him. Time will tell which team was right.

And a second round grade or better on Hack? Time will indeed tell all.

Agree. So they now have a three down back. Wonderful. The problems that they have in the defensive backfield are harder to solve and Ramsey is as much a candidate for generational talent than Elliott. Actually probably more.

Im beginning to think Jerry is maybe not so bright, esp. considering the QB fiasco.

And a second round grade or better on Hack? Time will indeed tell all.

The Jets' GM said they actually tried to trade down to acquire additional draft choices, but couldn't find any takers so they went ahead selected Hack.

@MMehtaNYDN

John Elway traded up in the first round for Paxton Lynch. Jets had a 3rd/4th-round grade on him. Time will tell which team was right.

The same John Elway who traded up in the first round for Tim Tebow? THAT John Elway? He knows his QB talent!