RD 5, Pick 156: RB Jonathan Williams, Arkansas

@cover1eturner

Don't sleep on this kid. He is going to make a serious push for PT.

https://t.co/NLbNc8ruH8

Great analysis.

More bang and less bounce is what's needed in Roman's offense because the bang is where the HR is.

The loaf of bread handling of the football and the durability are a concern but if he can clear those up you gotta' love the guys feet at that size.

Roman has had success running the football everywhere he's been but he inherited Frank Gore and Shady......guys who had put up big numbers prior but were both on the backsides of their career when he got them.

So he really hasn't had much opportunity to turn a back great.

The focus is on how OC's do with QB's but if he could make JW into a back like LeVeon Bell that would be huge for his resume.

Personally, I was already impressed by how he transformed a street free agent like Gillislee into such a producer, so while I realize the chances are slim that JW turns into a LeVeon Bell.....a cheap, first contract star back that allows you to spend money on harder to fill positions.......I wouldn't put it past him doing something like that with JW or another less than heralded prospect. He is the foremost run-game guru in the NFL now, IMO.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great analysis.

More bang and less bounce is what's needed in Roman's offense because the bang is where the HR is.

The loaf of bread handling of the football and the durability are a concern but if he can clear those up you gotta' love the guys feet at that size.

Roman has had success running the football everywhere he's been but he inherited Frank Gore and Shady......guys who had put up big numbers prior but were both on the backsides of their career when he got them.

So he really hasn't had much opportunity to turn a back great.

The focus is on how OC's do with QB's but if he could make JW into a back like LeVeon Bell that would be huge for his resume.

Personally, I was already impressed by how he transformed a street free agent like Gillislee into such a producer, so while I realize the chances are slim that JW turns into a LeVeon Bell.....a cheap, first contract star back that allows you to spend money on harder to fill positions.......I wouldn't put it past him doing something like that with JW or another less than heralded prospect. He is the foremost run-game guru in the NFL now, IMO.

Erik does a nice job.

Roman has earned my respect since with the Bills for a number of reasons.

Second year in with this O line should be RB heaven for any of those guys.

Yes even shifty McCoy

I don't watch much Arkansas FB but I read a pre-draft analysis of JWill that said he was a Zeke Elliott type RB before he got hurt. If he returns to form it is a major steal in the 5th.

After enough highlight film, i am sooo on board with this kid

He reminds me a lot of Fred. Remember thinking that when they showed clips of him after the draft, and reminded of it again watching the clip the poster above was kind enough to put up. Would like them to keep five backs - Shady, two Williams and the winner of Wilder vs. Gillislee in camp? Plus the fullback.

He reminds me a lot of Fred. Remember thinking that when they showed clips of him after the draft, and reminded of it again watching the clip the poster above was kind enough to put up. Would like them to keep five backs - Shady, two Williams and the winner of Wilder vs. Gillislee in camp? Plus the fullback.

He actually does not remind me of Fred (and that is no knock on Fred)

He is a huge bruiser which excellent balance....Fred is not

He reminds me of the Steeler's back

He actually does not remind me of Fred (and that is no knock on Fred)

He is a huge bruiser which excellent balance....Fred is not

He reminds me of the Steeler's back

He has very good vision, is patient and can follow his blocking - like Bell.

But Bell is a bigger back with perhaps greater emphasis on power.

I see a little Freddie in JWill but a lot of Arian Foster.

Kid has a chance to be really good - and with Roman and the Bills he has landed in a very good spot.

• 3 weeks later...

@AP_NFL

Bills draft pick RB Jonathan Williams arrested in Arkansas on misdemeanor DWI charge https://t.co/lJmAWtpV11

Fayetteville police say an officer pulled over the former Razorback early Thursday after seeing his vehicle weave within its lane. A police report says Williams told the officer that he had one beer but he refused to take a blood-alcohol test, citing previous advice from his agent. Williams was booked in the Washington County jail and released two hours later.

I guess all of the good news yesterday needed some counter-balance.

At least Bucky and Sully have their next "the Bills should cut him now" candidate!

Question for ya;

Let's suppose, as is likely, that Williams doesn't show much in camp, certainly nothing to get excited over. Coupled with this incident, what's your take?

What's your prognosis this early in a 5th-round draft pick's career whose already, seemingly, gonna have a DWI conviction?

What, big things? ROTY? Future stardom? Just curious what your early odds-on take is.

@JaySkurski

The preliminary report after #Bills rookie RB Jonathan Williams was arrested for DWI on Thursday in Arkansas.

CnWKShmWEAEnX_f.jpg

It was only one 40oz beer... :beer::wacko:

Edited by stevewin

Question for ya;

Let's suppose, as is likely, that Williams doesn't show much in camp, certainly nothing to get excited over. Coupled with this incident, what's your take?

What's your prognosis this early in a 5th-round draft pick's career whose already, seemingly, gonna have a DWI conviction?

What, big things? ROTY? Future stardom? Just curious what your early odds-on take is.

I don't think it's likely at all. Williams was impressive during OTAs, and I expect him to impress during TC.

There are many who watch a lot more college football than I do who have called Williams the steal of the draft and believe he can and will one day be a featured RB in the NFL.

Question for ya;

I would like to know why you think he isnt going to show much in camp when he is already showing a lot in offseason workouts

its easy to see that you dont know much about football