Mike Tirico leaving ESPN (update- Skip Bayless too)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm ready to watch espn burn to the ground. they've been a joke of a news source for a while but now that they are getting political over issues such as house bill 2 and curt schilling, etc... i would love to see it burn.

i'm ready to watch espn burn to the ground. they've been a joke of a news source for a while but now that they are getting political over issues such as house bill 2 and curt schilling, etc... i would love to see it burn.[/quote

Hmm it's getting closer than I ever expected. People might not like Lewis and Carter but they were familiar faces. Add in Dilfer and Tirico to the mix and it looks like a mass exodus in sports media terms.

i'm ready to watch espn burn to the ground. they've been a joke of a news source for a while but now that they are getting political over issues such as house bill 2 and curt schilling, etc... i would love to see it burn.[/quote

Hmm it's getting closer than I ever expected. People might not like Lewis and Carter but they were familiar faces. Add in Dilfer and Tirico to the mix and it looks like a mass exodus in sports media terms.

when the reason the network was a joke leaves the network that was a joke? i guess its hard to imagine it getting worse.

when the reason the network was a joke leaves the network that was a joke? i guess its hard to imagine it getting worse.

Well they always gave entertainers precedence over pure broadcasters. Where they went wrong was steering away from entertaining highlights in favor of trying to shape modern day society with their values.

i'm ready to watch espn burn to the ground. they've been a joke of a news source for a while but now that they are getting political over issues such as house bill 2 and curt schilling, etc... i would love to see it burn.

Preach on brother

Won't happen. There's still no competition for "all sports networks" on cable . None.

They've lost much bigger names. Simmons, Patrick, Olberman, Gammons, Forde, Eisen, Cowherd.

They left and no viewers really followed them. There's an endless supply of wise-cracking guys who can wear a fancy suit and read copy.

Won't happen. There's still no competition for "all sports networks" on cable . None.

They've lost much bigger names. Simmons, Patrick, Olberman, Gammons, Forde, Eisen, Cowherd.

They left and no viewers really followed them. There's an endless supply of wise-cracking guys who can wear a fancy suit and read copy.

<raises hand> I'll take their check for a couple years and I promise not to B word too much about Connecticut.

• 1 month later...