Thurman speaks about his concussion effects

WotAGuy

not belittling the issue, but I'm pretty sure TT showed the moods swings when he started his career in the NFL

Yeah, no kidding. His mood swings were in public then.

Thurman seems to be all over the map. He comes out and says he's an alcoholic a number of years ago - and then a few months ago I see him on this wine show drinking and talking about what else he likes to drink.

He was a great player for us. never thought the same of the person the times I met him. He was around circles where my brother hung out back in the day. I have nothing against the guy, and don't wish harm on anyone.

If he has lingering problems from concussions, then hope he gets whatever help can be provided. He seemed like a moody guy 25 years ago before any effects from CTE.

There is no guarantee that mood swings or many other issues are caused by football - there are people who have developed mood swings and other issues without playing any sports, college or professional.

Yeah, but the evidence is plenty strong enough that the burden of proof seems to have shifted to the NFL, and if that's the case, the line that other stuff could have caused it isn't going to fly.

Prove to me football, or repetitive head trauma to be more specific, didn't cause it, because the evidence is saying it did and it's been proven the NFL invested in a disinformation campaign, much like cigarettes, and, it just came out, Exxon/Mobile. You're parroting what they're telling you to parrot is what I'm saying, make them prove what it is they are feeding you to say.

He was a great player for us. never thought the same of the person the times I met him. He was around circles where my brother hung out back in the day. I have nothing against the guy, and don't wish harm on anyone.

If he has lingering problems from concussions, then hope he gets whatever help can be provided. He seemed like a moody guy 25 years ago before any effects from CTE.

From 2nd hand accounts, and from what he puts out there via media, he seems way less moody and a lot better guy than during his playing days.............I just wish he wasn't so all over the map on these things he comes out with.

not belittling the issue, but I'm pretty sure TT showed the moods swings when he started his career in the NFL

Thurman seems to be all over the map. He comes out and says he's an alcoholic a number of years ago - and then a few months ago I see him on this wine show drinking and talking about what else he likes to drink.

From 2nd hand accounts, and from what he puts out there via media, he seems way less moody and a lot better guy than during his playing days.............I just wish he wasn't so all over the map on these things he comes out with.

Thurman is one the loyalist Bills of all time, choosing the live in Buffalo and stay friends with Buffalo people. He has a great family and has tried to do what is right for the city, the team and his teammates. People who knock him should be ashamed of themselves.

I have met him, my son has met him, he was very kind.

I know I'm in the minority, here, but I've always wished that Thurman would just leave the team alone. I can't stand when former players wear out their welcome (i.e., Namath) and end up doing more harm than good. What these former players think about current players/coaches means nothing.

If he is, indeed, suffering from any football-related mental illness (or non-football-related, for that matter), I wish him and his family nothing but the best.

What happens at the end of this. If former players are experiencing CTE or other Concussion based illnesses and injuries and football/the NFL is found to blame then how does the NFL continue doing business knowing that anyone who plays the game could end up with the same problems.

When do little leagues, high schools and colleges disband football all together since it's unsafe to participate?

Thurman is one the loyalist Bills of all time, choosing the live in Buffalo and stay friends with Buffalo people. He has a great family and has tried to do what is right for the city, the team and his teammates. People who knock him should be ashamed of themselves.

I have met him, my son has met him, he was very kind.

gallery_8885_14_7703.jpg

Frankly, anyone who sees the kinds of hits that professional football player absorb throughout their careers and doesn't think there is a very high likelihood that it has a negative impact on their brains has to be a bit on the slow side. The human brain and skull structure simply isn't designed to take that kind of punishment.

gallery_8885_14_7703.jpg

I am ashamed of your reaction to Thurman. You are likely one of the people who thinks Talley scammed us, and Jimbo uses Bills fan only for his charities.

I am ashamed of Bills fans who see the half empty glass.

I am proud to be a Bills fan and proud to be a fan of Thurman, Darryl and Jim and others.

I am ashamed of your reaction to Thurman. You are likely one of the people who thinks Talley scammed us, and Jimbo uses Bills fan only for his charities.

I am ashamed of Bills fans who see the half empty glass.

I am proud to be a Bills fan and proud to be a fan of Thurman, Darryl and Jim and others.

Your "ashamed" stuff is nonsense. Only getting out nonsensed by your stuff about Talley, Kelly, etc.

Here's my deal with Thurman. He comes out and pronounces to everybody that he is an alchoholic - rehab, AA, the whole 9 yards. He gave a speech out of the blue to the Sun Bowl teams about this. I know people who were at corporate team bonding things with him as the speaker, when apropos to nothing, he talks about how evil drinking is. (They joked about moving their wine glasses away feigning abhorment).

The 11th Tradition of AA starts out with this: Tradition 11

Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio and films.

Our relations with the general public should be characterized by personal anonymity.

So, Thurman breaks that tradition - and then goes and does the very thing the tradition was mainly put in for. So, that then people don't say - ah, see it doesn't work. Look at Thurman drinking up - owning a bar, drinking a wine show, talking about how much he loves certain beers.

Now, it's never talked about - or explained why he went back to drinking..........But, I saw people comment on Facebook to the Buffalo News story things like "Yeah, it's got nothing to do with you being an alcoholic, right, Thurman?" And, then a professional replying as to exactly how alcoholism brings about this type of brain damage.

It's like when Kent Hull died by drinking himself to death - yet, not one word mentions that. It might have helped people who saw him drinking like crazy at Ilio's and other places to know that these are the consequences to doing that.

I love the Bills of that era. It doesn't mean that I'm not going to call bull **** on certain things.

Your "ashamed" stuff is nonsense. Only getting out nonsensed by your stuff about Talley, Kelly, etc.

Here's my deal with Thurman. He comes out and pronounces to everybody that he is an alchoholic - rehab, AA, the whole 9 yards. He gave a speech out of the blue to the Sun Bowl teams about this. I know people who were at corporate team bonding things with him as the speaker, when apropos to nothing, he talks about how evil drinking is. (They joked about moving their wine glasses away feigning abhorment).

The 11th Tradition of AA starts out with this: Tradition 11

Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio and films.

Our relations with the general public should be characterized by personal anonymity.

So, Thurman breaks that tradition - and then goes and does the very thing the tradition was mainly put in for. So, that then people don't say - ah, see it doesn't work. Look at Thurman drinking up - owning a bar, drinking a wine show, talking about how much he loves certain beers.

Now, it's never talked about - or explained why he went back to drinking..........But, I saw people comment on Facebook to the Buffalo News story things like "Yeah, it's got nothing to do with you being an alcoholic, right, Thurman?" And, then a professional replying as to exactly how alcoholism brings about this type of brain damage.

It's like when Kent Hull died by drinking himself to death - yet, not one word mentions that. It might have helped people who saw him drinking like crazy at Ilio's and other places to know that these are the consequences to doing that.

I love the Bills of that era. It doesn't mean that I'm not going to call bull **** on certain things.

is there a reason why you are a Bills fan other than B word and whine and point fingers. You are one tasty piece of work. You call bull>>>> because it is the easy way out, whine B word, complain, and blame.

Life is far deeper and more involved than your simplistic look.

Whether Hull was a player or not he had great qualities and weaknesses, and you are not capable of determining why those weaknesses exist. We all have them,,,like you have never driven drunk and were lucky not to kill someone...so that makes you capable of judging others.

I don't ignore the obvious either but do see the half full side of the glass.