Bills releasing Tony Steward

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what round was he picked in

It's OK, you can admit it was a bad pick.

Really.......it's ok.

The guy was a busted up HS player who barely made a mark in college.

His ceiling was limited, he wasn't a physical freak despite his HS press clippings.

His floor was dirt......and that's what they got.

This just feels like odd timing to me. I would have certainly kept him around until I knew what other LBs I had on the roster. Maybe they were trying to do him a favor by allowing him to catch on somewhere else before the draft but it seems like they should have covered themselves first.

Unless they think a street free agent replaces him- then it's no need to cover yourself

They need wholesale changes at LB perhaps even including Preston Brown. No problem with starting from scratch with this group. I suspect they will draft no fewer than three LB's - perhaps as early as the first round. Depth of the draft is DL. Ragland or another LB in the first and then DL, SS followed by LB, LB, OT, DL. Assuming no QB or the FSU PK is taken.

Unless they think a street free agent replaces him- then it's no need to cover yourself

Yeah, I guess you are right. I was talking more from a numbers standpoint than a talent standpoint. They just don't have an LBs (bad or good). If he isn't going to make the team anyways though, it really doesn't matter.

Really.......it's ok.

His ceiling was limited, he wasn't a physical freak despite his HS press clippings.

6th rounds are risks

Yeah, I guess you are right. I was talking more from a numbers standpoint than a talent standpoint. They just don't have an LBs (bad or good). If he isn't going to make the team anyways though, it really doesn't matter.

Kind of telling when Rex said Brown was starter and backup.

what is the latest on Powell. they did not retain him did they?

Really.......it's ok.

There are no bad picks in the 6th round......

There are no bad picks in the 6th round......

i might guess luck begins to creep into the equation.

To be fair i had no idea of his background or history. I just do not delve that deeply into the draft.

But as i mentioned i do think you can take risks, ala Seantrel in the sixth round. and i have to agree with you. To discern whether a sixth

rounder is a bad pick is a no call.

Now if he is a good pick and shows. The GM is a freakin hero.

; )

Edited by 3rdand12

6th rounds are risks

Kind of telling when Rex said Brown was starter and backup.

what is the latest on Powell. they did not retain him did they?

IIRC Rex liked what he saw of Powell in the workouts prior to him getting injured.

They need wholesale changes at LB perhaps even including Preston Brown. No problem with starting from scratch with this group. I suspect they will draft no fewer than three LB's - perhaps as early as the first round. Depth of the draft is DL. Ragland or another LB in the first and then DL, SS followed by LB, LB, OT, DL. Assuming no QB or the FSU PK is taken.

Hopefully they go Ragland/Lee and then Cravens....Immediate improvement IMO.

Hopefully they go Ragland/Lee and then Cravens....Immediate improvement IMO.

That would be immediate improvement. and there are more options then that btw.

The new guy Brown at MLB?

I wonder how Bills truly feel his ability and fit play into this season. i suppose the draft will tell.

I am a bit stoked about him post pectoral injury. That was a NFL development setback. he is still on the learning curve IMO. He is described as better in coverage but he has the size to stop the run and hit hard