Bills releasing Tony Steward

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind Hughes and Wynn are now listed as LBs.

It's interchangeably Manny, Brown, Brown and Jerry pending 1 or 2 round LB pick.

Hughes is still listed as a DE, but if he is an LB, then we'll need to spend at least two picks on DE's to fill the holes left by Jerry and Mario.

First off -- what a crappy year for the young man. Wish him the best.

Second, he had two major knee injuries. He had trouble in college staying on the field..what made the scouts believe this wouldn't be a quick career...I guess that's what 6th round picks are for...

Hughes is still listed as a DE, but if he is an LB, then we'll need to spend at least two picks on DE's to fill the holes left by Jerry and Mario.

hughes and Wynn are OLBs in a 3-4. They aren't creating holes. They are just tweaking their roles because of the scheme. They are basically Edge guys.

Mario needs replaced and it will probably be with a 5 tech

Edited by YoloinOhio

My thoughts exactly. Best of luck to you Tony.

agreed, best wishes

Depends on how you look at the class, I guess. Not many starting calibre guys for me. Gets a bit dicey outside of my top 5 (excluding Jaylon).

Actually i just reviewed LBs and its is not so pretty as i once thought.

take out myles and Jaylon (easy enough ) and you have 2-3 really high quality guys. so many of the decent LBs are 4-3 guys the pickings get narrowed down rather quickly.

This i the reason i am changing my mind on Ragland at 19. and saying yes, pick him buffalo.

trade back would be best to grab more D linemen perhaps.

Bills need a butt load of LBs at this point and two of them need to start. yay

Keep in mind Hughes and Wynn are now listed as LBs.

It's interchangeably Manny, Brown, Brown and Jerry pending 1 or 2 round LB pick.

But are they really LBs?

Both are rushers in my thinking

Edited by 3rdand12

Actually i just reviewed LBs and its is not so pretty as i once thought.

take out myles and Jaylon (easy enough ) and you have 2-3 really high quality guys. so many of the decent LBs are 4-3 guys the pickings get narrowed down rather quickly.

This is basically how I look at the Bills feasible options at MLB/WILB:

1st tier - Jack, Ragland, Smith (was a 1st for me pre-injury)

2nd tier - Kentrell Brothers, Blake Martinez, Joshua Perry, Darron Lee

3rd tier - Elandon Roberts, Tyler Matakevich, Deion Jones, Nick Kwiatkowski

There are solid players in all 3 tiers but impact guys are few and far between. Scheme fit is huge, Bills probably need a Mike type and a Will type.

First off -- what a crappy year for the young man. Wish him the best.

Second, he had two major knee injuries. He had trouble in college staying on the field..what made the scouts believe this wouldn't be a quick career...I guess that's what 6th round picks are for...

I believe this post sums the situation up perfectly. Best of luck to this young man.

There are solid players in all 3 tiers but impact guys are few and far between. Scheme fit is huge, Bills probably need a Mike type and a Will type.

Scheme fit.

good choice of words.

Thanks for the list.

I think Lee is pushing for the 1st tier in the general populace. as you probably saw him mocked at 20.

since Bills will not get Jack or Smith i would be pleased to have Ragland for sure.

i will lok into these others too, becuase Bills will have to grab one more. Most like Roberts and i have noticed Kwiatkowski.

so hard to see how the cards will fall in the draft for me though.

the "DEs" in a 3-4 are Dareus and Kyle assuming they use a NT

and Wynn and Carrington? and perhaps even Bryant ( who is more nose ish ). Lawson and Hughes too depending on the look could get a hand down in a 3-4.

But I think you have identified the core starters as it sits predraft. really looks thin to me. need a DE early and a true fat kid immovable object NT later perhaps

Scheme fit.

good choice of words.

Thanks for the list.

I think Lee is pushing for the 1st tier in the general populace. as you probably saw him mocked at 20.

since Bills will not get Jack or Smith i would be pleased to have Ragland for sure.

i will lok into these others too, becuase Bills will have to grab one more. Most like Roberts and i have noticed Kwiatkowski.

so hard to see how the cards will fall in the draft for me though.

and Wynn and Carrington? and perhaps even Bryant ( who is more nose ish ). Lawson and Hughes too depending on the look could get a hand down in a 3-4.

But I think you have identified the core starters as it sits predraft. really looks thin to me. need a DE early and a true fat kid immovable object NT later perhaps

we need a stud versatile DL early (Chris Jones/Vernon Butler) and a NT late (Reader)

@tony_thetiger7

Extremely grateful to the Bills organization for the opportunity they gave me. Looking forward to the next chapter.

@joebuscaglia

With the #Bills releasing Tony Steward, they now have three inside linebackers on the roster. THREE.

PS: They have to start two.

Actually, we're good. To slow Brady and adapt to the times, Rex is rolling out a new 3-1-7 scheme this season.

we need a stud versatile DL early (Chris Jones/Vernon Butler) and a NT late (Reader)

yep and yep, Reader has been a Bandit favorite and he convinced me. I would trade around to get him.

Jones and Butler depend on how the draft goes. But both are on the board i bet !!

he already tried that

But this is a new one

I like your thoughts. I am warming up to Ragland at 19 and Roberts in 4th/5th to give us a Mike and Will type. Throw in 2 DL and a QB in between and I will be very happy with our draft.

I like your thoughts. I am warming up to Ragland at 19 and Roberts in 4th/5th to give us a Mike and Will type. Throw in 2 DL and a QB in between and I will be very happy with our draft.

damn man. call Dougie Rogue and tell him how it is

Waste of a pick anyway.

What round was he picked in btw ?