Von Miller worth 20-25 mill yr?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i would let him walk for that money in their unique situation. Elway has bought himself a little time to rebuild with the SB win and QB retiring, then backup leaving. They need to start over at QB anyway which typically impacts everything. I think he was right not to pay Osweiler. I'd focus on filling in holes lost on the D and finding a QB this year. Then try to draft Von's replacement next year. Miller had an amazing playoff run and SB, but he's not without his issues (in the substance abuse program, penalty machine). A Suh or JJ watt contract sounds about right. An Aaron Rodgers contract doesn't.

If I had a choice between Von Miller and Kahlil Mack, I'd take Mack. Mack had a more impressive season overall. Jmo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If the cap keeps going up every year, I think $20m a year for him now might look like a bargain at the back end of a 5 year deal.

Very few players have the talent level and game impact that Von can have. You might not want to pay him but you certainly can't afford not to. Elite talent has a price tag.

elway must be thrilled that his best player, currently on the one year franchise tag, is hanging around that clown.

manziel has apologized for the mixup now - says hes actually living with josh gordon.

that would be quite the reality tv show.

Stupid demands and stupid salaries, how many years before the NFL salary bubble bursts again and there is a lockout? Don't any of these idiots (players, gm, agents, owners) learn anything, ever!

bursts? it was a lockout due to the cba naturally reaching its end. you may see it happen again at the end of this cba. i wasnt aware the salary bubble burst though.

they have him tagged at 14 mil this year. if they tag him again it's almost 17 mil and then again its 24 mil. so he doesn't have a lot of leverage unless he will enjoy huge fines for sitting out

Exactly. Tag him for two years if needed. He can hold out, but he doesn't need camp at this point, and if he holds out of games, he doesn't get paid. This is ridiculous under this cap. If the cap goes dramatically up, I'm sure someday someone will get this money who is not a QB.

Exactly. Tag him for two years if needed. He can hold out, but he doesn't need camp at this point, and if he holds out of games, he doesn't get paid. This is ridiculous under this cap. If the cap goes dramatically up, I'm sure someday someone will get this money who is not a QB.

he might sit training camp but he's not sitting out games at 1 mil per. so training camp might cost him 500k? but he's a def end so he just needs to be ready to rush the passer.

Van single handedly beat up Brady and then Cam, the two best qb's in the league this year.

He was more valuable than either one of those two elite qb's, an unblockable nightmare who stayed healthy and productive all the way to the championship.

Elway is getting what he deserves for not extending Van last year and Brock mid-season. Now he has no qb and he's going to have to put a quarter of his next year's salary cap into paying the VON.

I see the Broncos going downhill steadily for the next 5 years.

Van single handedly beat up Brady and then Cam, the two best qb's in the league this year.

He was more valuable than either one of those two elite qb's, an unblockable nightmare who stayed healthy and productive all the way to the championship.

Elway is getting what he deserves for not extending Van last year and Brock mid-season. Now he has no qb and he's going to have to put a quarter of his next year's salary cap into paying the VON.

The dude is overrated. He had DeMarcus Ware on the other side the past two seasons. That will end soon. He will be just another "guy" soon enuf. A lot of you just get so excited over any one particular player. Short of Tom Brady no one particular player is ever that dominant in the NFL for any length of time. With 22 players on the field, the game is not set up that way. The Panthers O line was garbage in the Super Bowl. Put Von up against a solid OT and he will be stoned. Just never overly excited about his game.

I disagree. Elway has done a great job and don't think he and the Broncos do a 180 turn.

It's seems obvious to me Elway didn't want Brock or they would have him. IMO he didn't lose him over a couple million a year.

Regarding Miller I think Elway and the Broncos are in a strong position.

The dude is overrated. He had DeMarcus Ware on the other side the past two seasons. That will end soon. He will be just another "guy" soon enuf. A lot of you just get so excited over any one particular player. Short of Tom Brady no one particular player is ever that dominant in the NFL for any length of time. With 22 players on the field, the game is not set up that way. The Panthers O line was garbage in the Super Bowl. Put Von up against a solid OT and he will be stoned. Just never overly excited about his game.

No offense here--just about everything stated in this post is wrong.

- Miller had 6 of his 11 sacks in 2016 during the games that Ware was sidelined due to injury; that's not in any way reflective of a guy that's living off of having him on the other side.

- Miller has faced plenty of solid NFL OTs, and he's been a wrecking ball against many (if not all) of them. In 2015 alone, he had his way with all of Eric Fisher (twice), Bryan Bulaga, and Kyle Long (amongst others). I'm not sure which OTs you mean to assert that he'll struggle against, since he's had over 11.5 sacks in 4 of his 5 NFL seasons (one of which he had 18.5)--the lone exception was 2013, in which he served a 6-game suspension. As a side note, 2 of those years came before Ware was with the team.

- Carolina's offensive line allowed the 12th-fewest sacks and the 3rd-fewest QB hits in the NFL last year; they aren't "garbage".

Feel free to say that you don't think Miller belongs getting $20M/year; that's fine. To try to make that point by marginalizing his on-field accomplishments with total fabrications is, IMO, a poor way to go about it.

Edited by thebandit27