Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?

Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do want the Bills to draft?

• Connor Cook, MSU (Projected Round 1-2)
    • Cardale Jones, OSU (Projected Round 3-4)
    • Dak Prescott, Miss State (Projected Round 4-5)
    • Brandon Doughty, WKU (Projected Round 5-6)
    • Kevin Hogan, Stanford (Projected Round 6)
    • Brandon Allen, Arkansas (Projected Round 6-7)
    • Nate Sudfeld, IU (Projected Round 7)
    • Vernon Adams, Jr., Oregon (Projected Round 7)
    • Jake Coker, Alabama (Projected Round 7)
    • Jeff Driskell, La Tech (Projected Round 7)
    • Would prefer they don't use a draft pick and wait to sign a UDFA (i.e. Jake Rudock, UM, Marquise Williams, UNC)
    • Prefer they don't add a rookie QB at all

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not these 2:

I learned this from among the 264 pages of the first draft effort by PFF:

a. The lowest-rated of the top 22 quarterbacks in accuracy percentage: Michigan State’s Connor Cook (21) and Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg (22). Cook’s “inconsistency on the short stuff is maddening,” PFF says.

b. Of the same 22 quarterbacks, Hackenberg ranked worst in completion percentage under pressure (47.2 percent)

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/10/will-smith-murder-new-orleans-saints-nfl

Not these 2:

I learned this from among the 264 pages of the first draft effort by PFF:

a. The lowest-rated of the top 22 quarterbacks in accuracy percentage: Michigan States Connor Cook (21) and Penn States Christian Hackenberg (22). Cooks inconsistency on the short stuff is maddening, PFF says.

b. Of the same 22 quarterbacks, Hackenberg ranked worst in completion percentage under pressure (47.2 percent)

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/10/will-smith-murder-new-orleans-saints-nfl

Cook has nice deep ball accuracy. I really don't trust his receivers outside of Burbridge - they had tons of drops if you watch the games. It was amazing how many drops they had honestly. Also his OC is kind of a dud IMO.

One thing I remember is the Bills had a scout at the game he played in 2014 in east Lansing vs OSU. He lost but he played really well. His defense had him coming from behind almost there whole game. It was an impressive performance IMO against a good defense and again, he had a lot of surprising drops by his #1 WR at the time, Tony Lippett. So they've seen him play well in person which sometimes has meaning when they finish up their analysis.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Cook has nice deep ball accuracy. I really don't trust his receivers outside of Burbridge - they had tons of drops if you watch the games. It was amazing how many drops they had honestly. Also his OC is kind of a dud IMO.

One thing I remember is the Bills had a scout at the game he played in 2014 in east Lansing vs OSU. He lost but he played really well. His defense had him coming from behind almost there whole game. It was an impressive performance IMO against a good defense and again, he had a lot of surprising drops by his #1 WR at the time, Tony Lippett. So they've seen him play well in person which sometimes has meaning when they finish up their analysis.

Nice deep ball and inconsistent short stuff reminds me of JP :sick: (I kid I kid). I do recall that there were a lot of questions as to why he wasn't named a captain of his team as a senior QB. I thought going into this season he would be one of the top available this year. That goes to show you how much I know.

Hackenberg has just stunk the last few years and being dead last in completion percentage under pressure is not good.

QBs are tough to evaluate based on stats since there are so many other factors, crappy play calling, players who can't catch, bad OLs etc. It would be nice to hit it out of the park with a QB though

Nice deep ball and inconsistent short stuff reminds me of JP :sick: (I kid I kid). I do recall that there were a lot of questions as to why he wasn't named a captain of his team as a senior QB. I thought going into this season he would be one of the top available this year. That goes to show you how much I know.

Hackenberg has just stunk the last few years and being dead last in completion percentage under pressure is not good.

QBs are tough to evaluate based on stats since there are so many other factors, crappy play calling, players who can't catch, bad OLs etc. It would be nice to hit it out of the park with a QB though

Cook is just inconsistent. He is *not* good under pressure at all, which is one of my concerns. Yet, he has shown the ability to make NFL throws and put the ball in tight windows. I think he has a Kirk cousins feel to his game (and that really has nothing to do with the MSU connection) but it took cousins a few years to get to the point where he was a good starter.

There are definitely character questions there. The captain thing has been discussed a lot but he's been a jerk to the MSU media and rumors he big-timed his hometown by saying he doesn't want to go to the Browns because it's where QBs go to die. True or not, he needs a filter. He also acted like a child at the OSU game in which he did not even play, talking trash to fans, got in one's face, etc. I heard there are more stories that have not gone public but the teams know about. I do not what they are for sure but there are rumors out there.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@JoshNorris

Going through @QBKlass' recent GIFs of Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota, and I'm even more shocked many view Goff & Wentz in same tier.

Agree with this. Makes no sense to me. Winston and Mariota were definitely more advanced coming out in my eyes. In my grading system I graded Winston and Mariota equal QB1s in 2015. They were both 4 points better than the grade I have given Wentz this time and 6 points better than the grade I gave to Goff.

So it looks like Cook made a visit...

You know Cook's bravado will mesh well with Rex. I think Rex should stay out of the QB discussion for the most part, though. The decision should be almost completely Roman's. Give him a guy that he's confident with and willing to develop. Having Tyrod affords the Bills patience with a young QB. They should take advantage of that now.

You know Cook's bravado will mesh well with Rex. I think Rex should stay out of the QB discussion for the most part, though. The decision should be almost completely Roman's. Give him a guy that he's confident with and willing to develop. Having Tyrod affords the Bills patience with a young QB. They should take advantage of that now.

Didn't Roman want Meh Cassel? :huh::blink::oops::doh::death::sick::bag::thumbdown::lol::o

same HC. Different OC and QB coach. There is so much more to the story, it isn't as simple as you put it.

He didn't actually "significantly regress" like say, Hackenberg. He started 10 games his whole career. 3 in the playoffs. 7 the next season. He never lost a game. He was third string to begin with and ascended to starter due to injury. He's the same prospect this year as he was last year, if you watch the film. He didn't regress significantly, he had an inconsistent 10 games. The drop in production this year was in many ways a result of the new play caller and decision to go back to the pure Urban offense that does not suit his game or his strengths. It's a decision they made because they could. They had a QB who runs it to perfection and he was healthy. Jones is not an urban Meyer QB. The last game he started vs Minnesota, however, when Barrett was suspended, he played well when plays were called to his strengths and when asked to run the zone read (whyyyy) he struggled. He's not as quick as Barrett but when he does run he's hard to take down. He's green. He needs time to develop.

Valid points and I appreciate your response.

You'd still spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder on all that mystery though?

Valid points and I appreciate your response.

You'd still spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder on all that mystery though?

3rd is as high as i would go. But only because we have two 4ths. Otherwise even the 3rd is too high. Edited by YoloinOhio

Nice topic Yolo!! I am similar to OldTimer, each guy is a little more intriguing the further they fall.

I kind of have 2 schools of thought. If the Bills are pretty sure that Tyrod is the guy I'd like to see someone like Hogan that is smart, can play a few games and be the long-term #2. If they aren't yet convinced Id like a high upside guy like Cardale. This give you 2 swings at a franchise guy (he and Tyrod). I can't imagine that they are convinced Tyrod CAN'T be the guy at this point. If that were the case best available.

I voted Cardale with one of their 4th round picks hopefully. I think that they aren't yet convinced so he would be my guy. FWIW, I like Driskell as a project too. I thought he was horrible at Florida but the light seemed to go off at LA Tech. He was a big time recruit and a great athlete.

This is where I stand on this, as well. Voted for Cardale.

Cardale, Dak, or Brissett.

These are also the three that interest me the most. Hoping for Cardale in the 4th. Would be fine with Dak later and I'm intrigued by NC State's Brissett. Barring a trade down in the 1st to acquire more picks, I don't want to take any QB higher than the first pick in the 4th.

A trade back into the bottom of the third would cost us what? A 5th in 2017? I am thinking depending on whether they have addressed it earlier the Bills might want to jump Arizona's 3rd round pick given that they have had him in as well.

If the Cards have not picked a Quarterback by that point and Cardale is still there I'd want to get infront of them.