B/R: Broncos have inquired about Tyrod

I believe it was reported that Denver actually offered him more money than we did. After sitting for 4 years in Baltimore Tyrod wanted a real chance to play. I wouldn't be surprised to learn Tyrod would love to be in Denver but I would be surprised to learn he's willing to hold out to make that happen. Holding out when he's so close to the big money with the Bills is a risky play and not what I'd expect from the guy who watched flacco bet on himself and earn his contract the hard way and then did the same by taking less money in Buffalo

I would be surprised to hear he is holding out, too!

But I didn't say he was gonna hold out, I said Tyrod and/or his agent might be interested in a trade to Denver, and they might be acting difficult to encourage it. That is way different than "holding out".

And the QB situation in Denver is completely different than it was last year. Tyrod would start. Last year, he woul.....blahblahblah...go back and read my posts so I don't have to repeat simple arguments.

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point. What did the Redskins give up to get RGIII? Ya never know what Elway will offer for Tyrod.

Everyone has their price. Two #1s and it's done, IMO. But then I'm not quite sold yet on Taylor's greatness after one decent season.

Everyone has their price. Two #1s and it's done, IMO. But then I'm not quite sold yet on Taylor's greatness after one decent season.

I'd do that trade, but keep in mind Broncos pick last so it's basically a 2nd round pick this year. He could sign elsewhere next year and then we have nothing. Get two 1sts and take a QB with both and chances are at least one of them will be better plus cheaper

i will trust the team that has been to 2 SBs in the last 3 years if they would rather trade their picks for Taylor who is a FA at the end of the season, than use their picks on one of the QBs in the draft who they would have under a rookie contract for 4-5 years, TT is probably better and/or more ready to lead a team than any of them. I think Elway can evaluate QBs pretty well. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'd do that trade, but keep in mind Broncos pick last so it's basically a 2nd round pick this year. He could sign elsewhere next year and then we have nothing. Get two 1sts and take a QB with both and chances are at least one of them will be better plus cheaper

Besides him leaving via FA, he could get injured or have a mediocre season both of which would reduce his trade value. There a lot of risks in playing it out. Why do you think his agent wants to make a deal so bad instead of waiting for him to hit FA?

i will trust the team that has been to 2 SBs in the last 3 years if they would rather trade their picks for Taylor who is a FA at the end of the season, than use their picks on one of the QBs in the draft who they would have under a rookie contract for 4-5 years, TT is probably better and/or more ready to lead a team than any of them. I think Elway can evaluate QBs pretty well.

Right. Like Elway never makes a mistake. It's the same BS we hear about Belickick. Every move they make is a steal. Edited by vincec

thats a garbage trade if they wanted him for real. Late 1st picks are not so lucrative.

Does nothing for the Bills.

tosses out the window all that work setting up Romans offense with TT at the helm. Why would Bills want to start over again?

Just making the offseason interesting, i guess.

Besides him leaving via FA, he could get injured or have a mediocre season both of which would reduce his trade value. There a lot of risks in playing it out. Why do you think his agent wants to make a deal so bad instead of waiting for him to hit FA?

Right. Like Elway never makes a mistake. It's the same BS we hear about Belickick. Every move they make is a steal.

Elway has done pretty alright it seems to me : )

I don't like him but he does have decent football team

i will trust the team that has been to 2 SBs in the last 3 years if they would rather trade their picks for Taylor who is a FA at the end of the season, than use their picks on one of the QBs in the draft who they would have under a rookie contract for 4-5 years, TT is probably better and/or more ready to lead a team than any of them. I think Elway can evaluate QBs pretty well.

Denver is both desperate for a QB, and "ready to go", the Bills are a ways away. In this situation, a deal could be a "win/win" for both teams. Denver doesn't want to waste their defense while waiting for an unknown quantity to develop.

How could Denver draft one of the highly ranked QB's in this draft? And how do you know they wouldn't if they could?

Edited by HoF Watkins

I seriously cannot believe some people want to trade the first resemblance of a QB we have had in 20 years. What the hell is this wrong with this place? Seriously, have you lost your minds? WE WOULD HAVE NO QB!!!!!!!!!

I don't want them to, but as far as I'm concerned, I am just discussing how/why a trade might be made.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I seriously cannot believe some people want to trade the first resemblance of a QB we have had in 20 years. What the hell is this wrong with this place? Seriously, have you lost your minds? WE WOULD HAVE NO QB!!!!!!!!!

Oh My!

Well...

Hmm...

Hadn't really thought that through have we?

could be an issue i suppose...

Denver is both desperate for a QB, and "ready to go", the Bills are a ways away. In this situation, a deal could be a "win/win" for both teams. Denver doesn't want to waste their defense while waiting for an unknown quantity to develop.

How could Denver draft one of the highly ranked QB's in this draft? And how do you know they wouldn't if they could?

I was responding to someone who said they would take two 1sts from Denver for TT. Denver could trade up for a "top" QB this year if they were willing to use next year's 1st. Instead the scenario the poster presented had them using the picks on Taylor. If they were to do that, it shows they believe him to be a better QB than the rookies coming out, even at a higher price since he's about to be a FA. Why would the Bills downgrade at the QB position voluntarily, if one trusts the QB evaluation of the Broncos in this scenario, as I do? They wouldn't. It's your opinion as to whether they are "close" to being a playoff team or not, but I'm pretty sure the Bills are trying to win games this year and not looking toward a multi-year rebuild with a rookie QB. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't want them to, but as far as I'm concerned, I am just discussing how/why a trade might be made.

Well poo on you for even thinking such a treacherous and treasonable thought HoF.

get a grip Man.

I was responding to someone who said they would take two 1sts from Denver for TT. Denver could trade up for a "top" QB this year if they were willing to use next year's 1st. Instead the scenario the poster presented had them using the picks on Taylor. If they were to do that, it shows they believe him to be a better QB than the rookies coming out, even at a higher price since he's about to be a FA. Why would the Bills downgrade at the QB position voluntarily, if one trusts the QB evaluation of the Broncos in this scenario, as I do? They wouldn't. It's your opinion as to whether they are "close" to being a playoff team or not, but I'm pretty sure the Bills are trying to win games this year and not looking toward a multi-year rebuild with a rookie QB.

Next year's first (which is likely low pick), and this years 32nd isn't enough to get them up into the top 10. I can't see a team doing that trade.

Denver needs a reasonably developed QB right away. AND, they might like a QB from this draft, but they might not want to waste a season developing him. I already laid this out in previous posts.

Drama alert: If we trade Tyrod away, Sammy will demand a trade as well. There is no way in hell Sammy stays quiet if we move his jugs machine.

Sammy is gonna leave after his first deal is up anyway.

Edited by HoF Watkins