Star Wars: Rogue One

So from what I understand, in the first movie when they're going over how to blow up the Death Star, when they say "many people lost their lives to secure these plans," this is basically that story.

Wow. You must have some incredible inside sources to have found this out.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough with Star Wars already. Everywhere I look I see a BB8 T-shirt or storm trooper figure. It was cool 25 years ago, now it's just lame.

Yesterday my twin girls had their Kindergarten holiday concert at school; cuteness was rampant. Every little girl dressed in her holiday finest, most of the little boys dressed neatly (a few with ties), and of course, the one tall kid in back wearing jeans and his Star Wars X-wing fighter tee shirt! :lol:

4/8 of all the Star Wars movies now revolve around the Death Star.

This movie and the Force Awakens just make me hate the three prequels even more.

Although James Earl Jones age is definitely showing in his Vadar voice.

Four? I count three: Star Wars, Return, and Rogue One.

Unless you're counting Starkiller Base in The Force Awakens, which technically wasn't the Death Star.

I am in the minority of people who do not 'hate' the prequels. I think they are unfairly panned.

I really like how these new ones look though. Very well done.

Even from a non Star Wars fan point of view those movies are trash.

Dialogue-trash

Acting-trash

Pacing-trash

Storytelling-trash

Special effects-trash

There's almost no redeemable qualities in any of those movies.

Four? I count three: Star Wars, Return, and Rogue One.

Unless you're counting Starkiller Base in The Force Awakens, which technically wasn't the Death Star.

Yes, counting that. Because it's basically the same thing... Only bigger.

Even from a non Star Wars fan point of view those movies are trash.

Dialogue-trash

Acting-trash

Pacing-trash

Storytelling-trash

Special effects-trash

There's almost no redeemable qualities in any of those movies.

Yes, counting that. Because it's basically the same thing... Only bigger.

I respect the opinion that you are entitled to, but it loses credibility when you trash the special effects which were exemplary for the period and hold up amazingly well nearly 40 years later

I respect the opinion that you are entitled to, but it loses credibility when you trash the special effects which were exemplary for the period and hold up amazingly well nearly 40 years later

The special effects of the three prequels are trash. Prequels, as in the movies made in the 90's. Those special effects didn't hold up and in many cases look worse today than the special effects of the original three movies.

The original three movies (4,5,& 6) all had really good special effects that did hold up over time.

Saw it twice in two days, and I absolutely love it. I'll discuss more about it later when there isn't anything to spoil for others.

Director Gareth Edwards did the Star Wars universe proud.

The only thing I hated, was that they put a trailer of "The Boss Baby" in front of it. :sick:

Saw it twice in two days, and I absolutely love it. I'll discuss more about it later when there isn't anything to spoil for others.

Director Gareth Edwards did the Star Wars universe proud.

The only thing I hated, was that they put a trailer of "The Boss Baby" in front of it. :sick:

I'm glad. I haven't seen it yet but the trailers look fantastic - an absolute epic.

The special effects of the three prequels are trash. Prequels, as in the movies made in the 90's. Those special effects didn't hold up and in many cases look worse today than the special effects of the original three movies.

The original three movies (4,5,& 6) all had really good special effects that did hold up over time.

I agree that the special effects are completely overused in Episodes 1,2 & 3.

Which is why I am glad to see that in The Force Awakens & Rogue One, the directors have gone back to using models as a primary part of their effects and they look spectacular.

I will say, in Rogue One's case, there are some jaw dropping uses of cgi in this movie. Absolutely remarkable.

I agree that the special effects are completely overused in Episodes 1,2 & 3.

Which is why I am glad to see that in The Force Awakens & Rogue One, the directors have gone back to using models as a primary part of their effects and they look spectacular.

I will say, in Rogue One's case, there are some jaw dropping uses of cgi in this movie. Absolutely remarkable.

10 years from now and they might not need humans anymore.