Kevin Hogan

Yeah. Just draft good football players and they'll adapt to whatever scheme you're in. That's paraphrasing Whaley from one of his recent interviews.

I made that point though, because so many people are saying Hogan already knows the offense and he's a perfect fit.

Yeah, that would be an awful reason to draft a guy. He drives me insane picking guys just because they fit a certain system because we are switching coaching staffs every 3 years.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is like the 8th or 9th rated QB in this year's draft which equates to a 5th rounder or later. Not exactly a hot prospect.

If the Bills are really interested in a QB in this year's draft I sure hope they are looking to draft one in rounds two and three rather than 5 thru 6 which kinda almost puts them in Jeff Tuel's area of lameness.

The guy is like the 8th or 9th rated QB in this year's draft which equates to a 5th rounder or later. Not exactly a hot prospect.

If the Bills are really interested in a QB in this year's draft I sure hope they are looking to draft one in rounds two and three rather than 5 thru 6 which kinda almost puts them in Jeff Tuel's area of lameness.

Yeah, Tyrod (I like him) isn't proven enough that the Bills should be drafting a guy to be a back up. Draft a guy you think can be a starter, and fall back on Tyrod.

Yeah, Tyrod (I like him) isn't proven enough that the Bills should be drafting a guy to be a back up. Draft a guy you think can be a starter, and fall back on Tyrod.

Not in this draft

Yes, he had a bad game. How did you like the film of the USC game, two weeks later?

What is interesting is he had some passes in that Northwestern game that hit receivers right in the hands that would have gone for big plays......

Its amazing how much that would change the perception of the player

He has his warts....there are some things I didnt like about him (like how he seems to react a second slow when the pocket breaks down)

but

NONE of these qbs are without their warts in this draft

If your gonna tell me that a talented linebacker falls to our 2nd pick or 3rd pick in this draft and I am gonna take another QB with warts instead of taking a player that can actually help us right away?

No thanks

I'm not against them doing that.... if there is a guy they like earlier with a higher ceiling take a shot, by all means. But Hogan makes a ton of sense to me late if they don't do that.

CBS Sports/NFLDraftScout compares Kevin Hogan to Philip Rivers.

CBS Sports/NFLDraftScout compares Kevin Hogan to Philip Rivers.

But you forgot to mention as to why he compares to Phillip Rivers...and it's because of an elongated, quirky delivery.

WEAKNESSES: Elongated delivery. Struggles with accuracy on deep passes. Lacks great mobility that is increasingly valued in the NFL.

COMPARES TO: Philip Rivers, Chargers - Hogan's elongated wind-up will earn plenty of criticism in the pre-draft process but like Rivers, Hogan's instincts, accuracy, and velocity are enough to overcome the quirky delivery.

--Rob Rang (11/29/15)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1851143/kevin-hogan

Another note to consider is, "Hogan has been well protected by the elite talent blocking in front of him" Teams don't really know how he will stand up under the pressure that comes with being an NFL QB if he was well protected in College.

An actual scouting report on Rivers,

Philip Rivers, the first North Carolina State player named Atlantic Coast Conference player of the year, finished as the second-leading passer in NCAA history with 13,484 yards and set an NCAA record with 51 career starts. Last season he led the NCAA with a 72% completion rate and 170.49 pass efficiency rating. Although Rivers' delivery is more three-quarters angled than classic over-the-top, several NFL coaches insist they would be hesitant to change it. "It's a little side-armed at times, but he's been pretty efficient, pretty accurate," Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher says. "You'd better be careful with what you try to change. We've been known in the NFL to overcoach players." .

I'd rather see the Bills take a shot at Paxton Lynch who is 6'7'' 244 lbs. He threw 28TD's, only 4 INT's last year and can run like Kaepernick. But alas, he will be gone by the 19th pick

When you're talking about #4 vs #150 quite a bit actually.

Did you say Tom Brady?

But you forgot to mention as to why he compares to Phillip Rivers...and it's because of an elongated, quirky delivery.

WEAKNESSES: Elongated delivery. Struggles with accuracy on deep passes. Lacks great mobility that is increasingly valued in the NFL.

COMPARES TO: Philip Rivers, Chargers - Hogan's elongated wind-up will earn plenty of criticism in the pre-draft process but like Rivers, Hogan's instincts, accuracy, and velocity are enough to overcome the quirky delivery.

--Rob Rang (11/29/15)

Another note to consider is, "Hogan has been well protected by the elite talent blocking in front of him" Teams don't really know how he will stand up under the pressure that comes with being an NFL QB if he was well protected in College.

Philip Rivers, the first North Carolina State player named Atlantic Coast Conference player of the year, finished as the second-leading passer in NCAA history with 13,484 yards and set an NCAA record with 51 career starts. Last season he led the NCAA with a 72% completion rate and 170.49 pass efficiency rating. Although Rivers' delivery is more three-quarters angled than classic over-the-top, several NFL coaches insist they would be hesitant to change it. "It's a little side-armed at times, but he's been pretty efficient, pretty accurate," Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher says. "You'd better be careful with what you try to change. We've been known in the NFL to overcoach players." .

I'd rather see the Bills take a shot at Paxton Lynch who is 6'7'' 244 lbs. He threw 28TD's, only 4 INT's last year and can run like Kaepernick. But alas, he will be gone by the 19th pick

I say watch Hogan's tape. He moves very well in a muddled pocket and his decently mobile.

--Rob Rang (11/29/15)

Sure you would if you were looking to replace your starter

Sure you would if you were looking to replace your starter

Under the circumstances (unproven Tyrod, contract status of Tyrod, difficult agent of Tyrod), it would be foolish to just draft a guy with backup skills.

But you are right, they will probably do the foolish thing. See, you usually post what you think the Bills will do, and I post what I think they SHOULD do. They rarely do what I think they should do, but then, they have sucked for decades.