Axl Rose taking over lead singer duties for AC/DC?

Music fan here.

Oh and you're one of those guys. <_<

:lol: What he said... Music fan first and foremost. I like some of Sammy's stuff and dislike other, I try not to blanket my like or dislike of any musician exclusively. Only a sith deals in absolutes... :bag:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One can "not like" Sammy Hagar's music (Montrose, solo, VH, Chickenfoot and whatever else I'm missing).

One cannot, however, say that Sammy Hagar's voice isn't phenomenal. Well, not without being wrong, anyway.

You do now that he's not the original singer of AC/DC, right?

(I'm certainly not advocated to have Axl sing for them though.)

Yes. I thought it was clearly tongue in cheek as I went on to cite three more examples of bands that replaced or continued to play without their original lineup.

One can "not like" Sammy Hagar's music (Montrose, solo, VH, Chickenfoot and whatever else I'm missing).

One cannot, however, say that Sammy Hagar's voice isn't phenomenal. Well, not without being wrong, anyway.

Quite right - I like his work with Montrose especially. I'm not much of a Sammy Hagar fan, but the guy can sing.

Not the right voice....

:worthy:

Why is this so hard to understand (from the link):

AC/DC are forced to reschedule the 10 upcoming dates on the U.S. leg of their Rock or Bust World Tour. AC/DCs lead singer, Brian Johnson, has been advised by doctors to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss. - See more at: http://www.acdc.com/news?n_id=274#sthash.Ypqg7V0Z.dpuf

wear ear plugs bro

Young has ALWAYS Sounded like crap live, IMO.

And Bon Scott "made" AC-DC. Young carried the torch.

Don't get me wrong, Young was the perfect replacement for Scott, and I LOVE everything AC-DC ever did, but Brian has been done for a long time. Them cords is shredded.

My vote for a replacement vocalist, off the top of my head, is Phillip Anselmo.

Anselmo would be awesome but I think comedian Jim Breuer would be ideal

20130605__breuer06.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVgUFdIvumI

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• 1 month later...

Axl has done an excellent job, and is receiving rave reviews.

I've only watched the Back in Black video and I thought it was phenomenal.

I think a different, more important, discussion about this topic is how people feel about AC/DC moving on without Brian Johnson.

I'm torn. Most of me thinks it's wrong. It's not like he quit or there was some sort of falling out. The guy has given his all for the past 36 years and is suddenly unable to perform. A small part of me doesn't blame AC/DC for going on with the show - not knowing if they're doing it for their fans, or for themselves. But the majority of me thinks the classy thing to do would have been to suspend the tour and call it quits. Of course, that's easy for me to say from the outside looking in.

Edited by Gugny

I've only watched the Back in Black video and I thought it was phenomenal.

I think a different, more important, discussion about this topic is how people feel about AC/DC moving on without Brian Johnson.

I'm torn. Most of me thinks it's wrong. It's not like he quit or there was some sort of falling out. The guy has given his all for the past 36 years and is suddenly unable to perform. A small part of me doesn't blame AC/DC for going on with the show - not knowing if they're doing it for their fans, or for themselves. But the majority of me thinks the classy thing to do would have been to suspend the tour and call it quits. Of course, that's easy for me to say from the outside looking in.

I'm guessing that lots of people (even beyond the band) were going to lose lots of money, so they had to work something out, fast.

There are all kinds of business/personal relationships involved, and there could be people that would be financially ruined if the tour was cancelled. I don't blame them at all. There are likely people that have helped the band considerably earlier in their career, who they want to come through for. The situation with the band (singer going deaf, only one original member), means that they might not be a viable touring act again, and would be unable to make up any losses (their own, or other people's) later.

I expect that if Brian Johnson can still record, they will continue to work with him. I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe there was anything malicious behind the move.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I'm guessing that lots of people (even beyond the band) were going to lose lots of money, so they had to work something out, fast. I don't blame them at all. I expect that if Brian Johnson can still record, they will continue to work with him. I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe there was anything malicious behind the move.

Yeah, I would never think there was anything malicious about it. I'd also be willing to bet that Johnson encouraged them to go on without him. With all the money that would have been lost, I guess finding a fill-in for the 10 remaining scheduled shows was the right thing to do.

If they go beyond that, however, I don't think that would be cool.

Yeah, I would never think there was anything malicious about it. I'd also be willing to bet that Johnson encouraged them to go on without him. With all the money that would have been lost, I guess finding a fill-in for the 10 remaining scheduled shows was the right thing to do.

If they go beyond that, however, I don't think that would be cool.

Yeah, I agree. Axl has been cool, and humble. I thought he was a great choice from the start, because his range and the way he distorts his voice is pretty close to Johnson's, and there aren't many guys that have that quality (and can fill arenas).

Yeah, I agree. Axl has been cool, and humble. I thought he was a great choice from the start, because his range and the way he distorts his voice is pretty close to Johnson's, and there aren't many guys that have that quality (and can fill arenas).

I had a feeling that given AC/DC's iconic status, he'd behave himself. But I also don't think that a permanent gig is a good idea.