Axl Rose taking over lead singer duties for AC/DC?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a disgrace. You can't replace the lead singer of AC/DC. Its unthinkable. Not possible. Can't be done. I think the band will sooner quit than replace their singer. It would be like Rolling Stones replacing a member, or The Who moving on with a new member, or Led Zeppelin playing after the death of a band member. NEVER HAPPENING!

For a while, didn't Pete Townshend of The Who tour while standing in a kind of plastic/glass enclosure for his hearing problems?

No, he had to stand inside of that whenever they played within 5 miles of an elementary school.

MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO GET YOUR HEARING CHECKED CHEF!!!!!!!!

So what you're saying is, much like you, musicians don't need any advice either?

Jesus....what's with all the yelling.

Musicians need advice. Just not rock musicians.

No, he had to stand inside of that whenever they played within 5 miles of an elementary school.

Puzzy.

"Disaster Area was a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones and was generally regarded as not only the loudest rock band in the Galaxy, but also as being the loudest noise of any kind at all. Regular concert goers judged that the best sound balance was usually to be heard from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles away from the stage, whilst the musicians themselves played their instruments by remote control from within a heavily insulated spaceship which stayed in orbit around the planet - or more frequently around a completely different planet.

Why?

Brians voice is what makes AC/DC

If I had tickets I would want a refund

CBF

Young has ALWAYS Sounded like crap live, IMO.

And Bon Scott "made" AC-DC. Young carried the torch.

Don't get me wrong, Young was the perfect replacement for Scott, and I LOVE everything AC-DC ever did, but Brian has been done for a long time. Them cords is shredded.

My vote for a replacement vocalist, off the top of my head, is Phillip Anselmo.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Coooool. Thanks Jim. Sammy is a cool mofo. I love these threads!

Sounds like Michael still has his pipes too.

Blew me away recently when I found out how old Sammy was. I saw another YouTube video where they did a Zep song. He said he remembers listening to Zep when he was a kid. Dude's older than Robert Plant. Sure by one year but still. :lol:

Sounds like Michael still has his pipes too.

Blew me away recently when I found out how old Sammy was. I saw another YouTube video where they did a Zep song. He said he remembers listening to Zep when he was a kid. Dude's older than Robert Plant. Sure by one year but still. :lol:

I thought that was Mike VH. Goes to show what good clean living will get you ;-)

What a disgrace. You can't replace the lead singer of AC/DC. Its unthinkable. Not possible. Can't be done. I think the band will sooner quit than replace their singer. It would be like Rolling Stones replacing a member, or The Who moving on with a new member, or Led Zeppelin playing after the death of a band member. NEVER HAPPENING!

You do now that he's not the original singer of AC/DC, right?

(I'm certainly not advocated to have Axl sing for them though.)

You do now that he's not the original singer of AC/DC, right?

(I'm certainly not advocated to have Axl sing for them though.)

:wallbash:

The only thing missing from his "serious" post was mentioning it would be like the Grateful Dead continuing after the death of their keyboardist.

Edited by Chef Jim

:wallbash:

The only thing missing from his "serious" post was mentioning it would be like the Grateful Dead continuing after the death of their keyboardist.

I know, right?

Could you even begin to imagine the Grateful Dead without Vince Welnick?