Axl Rose taking over lead singer duties for AC/DC?

Yeah, I would never think there was anything malicious about it. I'd also be willing to bet that Johnson encouraged them to go on without him. With all the money that would have been lost, I guess finding a fill-in for the 10 remaining scheduled shows was the right thing to do.

If they go beyond that, however, I don't think that would be cool.

it wouldn't be cool. The contracts certainly had language that losing their front man would still guarantee their Paydays. Dinosaur bands and probably all bands now must take physicals and typically even have a doctor or more on tour with them. An example on how,crazy these policy's are Lloyd's typically the insurer writes in some,pretty crazy things. An example is,Keith Richards is forbidden to climb a tree for obvious reasons. Ron Wood was tested for alcohol in his physical. Even more bizarre are some musicans much like boxers must stay within a certain weight.Meatloaf apparently has an exemption.

back to AC/DC the promoter had little to lose since huge bands take most of,the gate. All merchandising and a huge chunk of concessions. The people most hurt by cancelling these gigs were stadium employees, stage hands, sound companies, engineers for lightning, etc. and of course the fans. They are not under contract. In all AC/DC probably employees at least 140 people. besides their own assistants. And union employees to set up and tear down at each venue.

Why continuing this,is not,a money grab per se. Down the line their ability to get the massive insurance required would get difficult too obtain to say the least. Axl is ok,from,what I have seen on you tube. There is no way he would ever become permanent. Surprised if he pulls these dates off without a meltdown. Paul Rudd has completed his probation. But visas most likely would be hard too get. the young brothers have always been known to run a tight ship. maybe a album could be in their future. But like most old bands touring is getting tough. Steve Miller once was great not anymore. he has a second guy playing a lot of his parts now. Ditto Peter Green his guy has Peter's tone and licks dialed in so well live you would swear it's greenie. sadly Peter is just playing along. It's for the most part all nostalgia now. The Who? Should have hung it up awhile ago. The never ending coming out of retirement tours since 84 are stagnant. And hit or miss. The TO show was okay. But yea peter still can do a few windmills that's what the audience wants and their happy.

best of luck,to AC/DC their gigs have been better than most expected to,date. That's all that counts.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic