No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

Which I would be Tyrod is not even thinking about asking the team to do......we simply have an agent advocating for his client.....Tyrod is letting him do his job and hasnt said squat personally.

I expect him to show up right on time for training camp......

Neither do I. He'd have to be a moron to threaten to hold out unless the team guts the roster. That's completely ridiculous. He'd be laughed at.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people actually read what I wrote instead of putting on their fan blinders and accusing me of essentially acting as his agent, they'd see what I mean. New Orleans is in the same boat with Brees. He makes a ton of money. They usually have winning seasons, but not every year partly because of cap issues. Yet they were genuine contenders 4 out of the last 7 seasons and never won fewer than 7 games in any of those seasons.

I don't think that anyone is downplaying the importance of the position. I think that what everyone is saying is that a new contract isn't an option now. Even if they wanted to the resources aren't there and can't be created. There is no point to holding out because a deal cannot be made this year with the cap situation. All that will happen is he will sit out the year and lower his value on the open market.

His only option is to play well. If he does that he will be well compensated.

Which I would be Tyrod is not even thinking about asking the team to do......we simply have an agent advocating for his client.....Tyrod is letting him do his job and hasnt said squat personally.

I expect him to show up right on time for training camp......

I don't think this will happen. Again, I'm just saying that it's not wildly impossible and that he'd have a case. The coach and GM will be fired if the team's QB doesn't play well.

I don't think that anyone is downplaying the importance of the position. I think that what everyone is saying is that a new contract isn't an option now. Even if they wanted to the resources aren't there and can't be created. There is no point to holding out because a deal cannot be made this year with the cap situation. All that will happen is he will sit out the year and lower his value on the open market.

His only option is to play well. If he does that he will be well compensated.

I mean....I get this vision in my mind.

TT's agent and tyrod are invited into one of the back classroom style training rooms.

Whaley and the bills money guys give a powerpoint presentation

- Shows the salary of every guy on the team

- Shows the salary cap in big oversized letters

- Shows how much it takes to sign our draft picks

- Shows the amount left over (in very small font on the presentation)

- Brings back up the roster list

- Asks tyrods agent who should be cut in order to create room for a RESPECTABLE offer to Tyrod for a extension.....since the money is obviously not there

- Then says "any questions"

I don't think this will happen. Again, I'm just saying that it's not wildly impossible and that he'd have a case. The coach and GM will be fired if the team's QB doesn't play well.

fair enough

Id cut Taylor before McCoy.

we know

we know

we know

Lets just hope TT does not take his agents perspective too seriously. and screws up what could be very good thing.

And i would be surprised honestly if he did

Tyrod just goes to work showing why he should get paid. Because in my mind he has yet to earn it.

And i am all about the TT. And i think he will earn it and get paid by the Bills

No, there's not. Show me how we can give him the money he wants in '16. Cut Gilmore, Kyle, Hughes and trade Sammy?

It's ridiculous. He can't be paid. He signed up for this. He will deal with it or demand a trade.

all we would have to do is give him am extention. Keep his 2016 numbers the same and give him a lot in 17. I'm sure there's a way with bonuses to give him more money this year without hurting the cap im not 100% sure what goes where but it can be done. Edited by Not at the table Karlos

all we would have to do is give him am extention. Keep his 2016 numbers the same and give him a lot in 17. I'm sure there's a way with bonuses to give him more money this year without hurting the cap im not 100% sure what goes where but it can be done.

If you do what you're suggesting, then he gets no guaranteed money up front.

Different than when they did that with Dareus, since his 2015 salary (which was high to begin with) was already fully-guaranteed by virtue of the team picking up the 5th-year option from his rookie deal.

QB A: 280.5 passing yards/ game, 30 yards rushing/ game, 61.9 %, 2 td/ game.

QB B: 216.8 passing yards/ game, 40.6 rushing/ game, 63.7 %, 1.7 tds/ game.

QB A is a guy a lot of posters think is the worst QB ever, EJ Manuel. QB B is a guy some posters want to pay $18+ million/ year after 14 starts.

Yeah, I think I want to see more from TT. He has very little leverage and the Bills can make it less if they draft a QB. He will get paid a lot of money if he produces and wins like a franchise qb.

I think this b.s. from the agent will push the Bills a little more to draft a QB or find another option in free agency so Taylor can't hold them hostage. I would make it known to Taylor and his agent that the starting job is not going to be handed to him especially if this kind of crap continues. If he decides to hold out, he goes to the bench. See how many teams will line up to pay him next offseason after not seeing the field. He had a decent first year, but showed lots of areas in need of improvement and did not demonstrate that he can stay on the field. I certainly would not be running to the negotiating table to sign him long term at this point. At this point in the offseason, it seems that people forget the lack of production when it mattered and the ridiculous number of 3 and outs and missed opportunities. If the agent wants to play hard ball, I'm all for the Bills playing too.

I think this b.s. from the agent will push the Bills a little more to draft a QB or find another option in free agency so Taylor can't hold them hostage. I would make it known to Taylor and his agent that the starting job is not going to be handed to him especially if this kind of crap continues. If he decides to hold out, he goes to the bench. See how many teams will line up to pay him next offseason after not seeing the field. He had a decent first year, but showed lots of areas in need of improvement and did not demonstrate that he can stay on the field. I certainly would not be running to the negotiating table to sign him long term at this point. At this point in the offseason, it seems that people forget the lack of production when it mattered and the ridiculous number of 3 and outs and missed opportunities. If the agent wants to play hard ball, I'm all for the Bills playing too.

a. Because your not gonna send a player that went to the pro bowl to the bench. That would be coaching suicide for Rex Ryan.

b. Because starting a rookie QB is not a ideal scenario at all (unless your saying start EJ Manuel which its own kind of crazy)

c. Because other NFL players are watching how you treat your players. TT has a legit grip.......every one knows it......but everyone also knows we dont have the money to pay him right now.

Edited by John from Hemet

QB A: 280.5 passing yards/ game, 30 yards rushing/ game, 61.9 %, 2 td/ game.

QB B: 216.8 passing yards/ game, 40.6 rushing/ game, 63.7 %, 1.7 tds/ game.

QB A is a guy a lot of posters think is the worst QB ever, EJ Manuel. QB B is a guy some posters want to pay $18+ million/ year after 14 starts.

Yeah, I think I want to see more from TT. He has very little leverage and the Bills can make it less if they draft a QB. He will get paid a lot of money if he produces and wins like a franchise qb.

Where is the QBR? Where is the passer rating? Where is the TO's? Where is the W/L percentage? Where is the YPA? Why are you talking about a bum first round bust?

All good questions. Hope we get some answers.

Edited by FireChan

Where is the QBR? Where is the passer rating? Where is the TO's? Where is the W/L percentage? Where is the YPA? Why are you talking about a bum first round bust?

All good questions. Hope we get some answers.

Not shockingly, you missed the point. I'm not paying EJ $18 million and I'm not paying TT that much either at this point. TT is the starter because he takes care of the ball. But he's a lot closer to Manuel at this point than Brady. To give him mega bucks after 14 decent starts is flat out dumb.

But it's March and this is what you talk about. And we're still going with win % for Qbs? You're right, Taylor sliced up Kellen Moore and is the sole reason we won that game. Pay him $18 million!

And the idea of calling a guy in the top 1% of his profession and a millionaire a bum is hilarious.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Not shockingly, you missed the point. I'm not paying EJ $18 million and I'm not paying TT that much either at this point. TT is the starter because he takes care of the ball. But he's a lot closer to Manuel at this point than Brady. To give him mega bucks after 14 decent starts is flat out dumb.

But it's March and this is what you talk about. And we're still going with win % for Qbs? You're right, Taylor sliced up Kellen Moore and is the sole reason we won that game. Pay him $18 million!

And the idea of calling a guy in the top 1% of his profession and a millionaire a bum is hilarious.

Would you agree that he is above Bradford and Osweiler though? There isn't a question to me that he is. That is the market for a QB now. Whether we like it or not, that is what it is in the NFL now.

The best case scenario would be a Kaepernick deal IMO. It has minimal guarantees the 1st 3 years. He earns a good bit every year if he is on the roster but he earns it. After 3 years the big portion of the guarantees kick in.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

But it's March and this is what you talk about.

Who would pay EJ $18M? Is that even a question?

Your point is that he's close to EJ than Brady? And you used just EJ's and TT's stats to show that? Bold move. You do know there are other QB's not named Brady who get paid a lot of money, right? You do know that other QB's who aren't in the top 3 all time players exist and get big contracts?

Your boy's career is dead. Time to

lynch.0.0.png

Edited by FireChan