Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

More peace

My kid lives and works in N.Y.C., since 2006, says the damage, defacing and ruin is insurmountable to reclaim, as far as being what it was before the "peaceful protesters" were allowed to express themselves.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Not worth your time. 

I know.

But this character gets on everyone's nerves with his bvllshit.

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

I've been asking for weeks for someone on the left to denounce the riots and violence, still waiting

You will till you are 80.

42 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I disagree with Tim here. I'm glad the guy is dead. He'd just as quickly shoot me with my kids in the car. His death is a net win for the gene pool.

Right on. 

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g., political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participants. It is a practice intended to give the statements or organizations credibility by withholding information about the source's financial connection.

The term astroturfing is derived from AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to resemble natural grass, as a play on the word "grassroots". The implication behind the use of the term is that instead of a "true" or "natural" grassroots effort behind the activity in question, there is a "fake" or "artificial" appearance of support.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

• Like (+1) 1

These are the things you say when you've lost any sense of perspective

“I’m furious that Oakland may have played right into Donald Trump’s twisted campaign strategy,” said Libby Schaaf, the mayor of Oakland, Calif. “Images of a vandalized downtown is exactly what he wants to whip up his base and to potentially justify sending in federal troops that will only incite more unrest.”

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 2

On 7/24/2020 at 5:07 PM, BillStime said:

The future is now. Trumps America 

image.thumb.jpeg.b2bcf9fbea0fed69ff36ae9164958978.jpeg

This is golden - you’re blaming Trump for the Democrats protests and violence?  Please do tell, I’d love to hear this story.  

9 hours ago, Rob's House said:

More peace

Love how she uses he term “old white couple” in a completely derogatory tone. 

how would this play out if someone posted this at say an NRA rally on a street and a car was blocked that had a “young black couple”. Yep - that’s what I thought. 

Dems being Dems. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bockeye said:

This is golden - you’re blaming Trump for the Democrats protests and violence?  Please do tell, I’d love to hear this story.  

Why do you even want to hear his story? Everything is Trumps fault. Every. Single. Thing. 

I have plenty of things that I can lay at Trumps feet and blame him for. I can also have a reasonable discussion with someone about things that I don't think are his fault. But when someone like this character has proven over and over and over that they are incapable of reasonable discussion there's no point in engaging unless you enjoy banging your head against a wall. 

Please put him on ignore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Love how she uses he term “old white couple” in a completely derogatory tone. 

how would this play out if someone posted this at say an NRA rally on a street and a car was blocked that had a “young black couple”. Yep - that’s what I thought. 

Dems being Dems. 

Put him on ignore- he is the only person on my list. He has no intention of being reasonable or intelligent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Why do you even want to hear his story? Everything is Trumps fault. Every. Single. Thing. 

I have plenty of things that I can lay at Trumps feet and blame him for. I can also have a reasonable discussion with someone about things that I don't think are his fault. But when someone like this character has proven over and over and over that they are incapable of reasonable discussion there's no point in engaging unless you enjoy banging your head against a wall. 

Please put him on ignore.

Very true, very true. I was just speaking to some friends pining for the good old days where you could agree to disagree.  The sad part is our kids are growing up in a world of political discord. As my teenage son put it - “it’s all we know”. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Put him on ignore- he is the only person on my list. He has no intention of being reasonable or intelligent.

I've put him on ignore, the only time I've ever done that. He can't/ won't discuss or debate, it's the same 5-6 stupid memes over and over

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bockeye said:

Very true, very true. I was just speaking to some friends pining for the good old days where you could agree to disagree.  The sad part is our kids are growing up in a world of political discord. As my teenage son put it - “it’s all we know”. 

Agreed. I hate to use the ignore function on here, and I only do it as a last resort when someone has 10 plus strikes proving they are incapable of reasonable discussion or that their motive is just to troll.

However, since circa 2010 our kids have lived in a social media dominated world where online disagreements or disputes are "solved" by a click of the block button. One strike, you're blocked. Its no wonder that many young people are literally incapable of having a vigorous debate in person and just agreeing to disagree while still respecting the other persons pov. Sadly, the concept of honest, respectful debate is largely gone from the 30 and under demographic of American society. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The second tweet highlights the stupidity off coddling these #######s.  WTF would an office tell the people in a vehicle, on a roadway, to turn around? Clear those dipshits off the road with tear gas or by arrest and let the traffic flow.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2

The Idiocy of the Portland Protests Summed up Perfectly in One Tweet – One Business Delivers Sliced Up Logic

Delusional thinking may have hit a new low…sure to be surpassed tomorrow.

As the city of Portland continues with its enduring franchise ‘’The Never Ending Protests’’ one amazing side note in all of the mayhem is the way so few have been able to learn from the enduring mayhem. As the idiocy and nonsense unspools on a regular loop and the contradictions from the messaging continues without resonating with enough residents. We may have just reached the prime example of the mental entropy taking place in the city.

{snip}

Man, so much is at play here in just one post. To start we see once again the story that has played out across the country with riots, that being businesses being supportive of the protests being targeted by the very mob they lend backing towards. It is always a surprise to these backers when the mindless mobs do not pay them any mind in the course of their destruction. They seem to expect the rioters to be on the lookout for allies, when all they see in front of them are targets.

The other aspect of this is the hilarity of backing a movement that is in opposition to the authorities, and even calls for the complete abolishment of police forces, and yet at the instant trouble arrives on their doorstep the knee-jerk reaction is to call on the very cops they so despise. We have seen this repeatedly in the past months, whenever the protests are met with any kind of stern pushback the first thing we hear from them is, ‘’The police didn’t do anything!’’.

This weekend when a Jeep drove through a crowd on a highway, when one protestor shot and killed after confronting someone with a gun, when a protestor was pummeled for blocking traffic, and another was outraged that a woman trying to get home dared to use the road where protestors confronted her, all shared two elements — they were protesting against police, and they wailed about the need for police the moment they were met with duress. It challenges rationality to see these fogged minds incapable of seeing the problematics of their message.

But as Tracey’s tweet displays, rational thought is not a driving force in this movement, especially in Portland. Why would a business owner who supports the movement not only miss out on the contradiction but also be unaware that their own mayor has put the clamps on the local police? In your support of the movement against the police you should be aware that they are also being kept on a leash and prevented from aiding you in your time of self-created crisis.

It also seems that the lesson was not learned, as the business is continuing in its efforts to feed the beast – literally. You have a city filled with unhinged and unthinking reactionaries and all you can think to do is encourage them by keeping them nourished. Hey, if you want assured destruction, I suppose that is your right. Just do not expect to be spared in the rampage. 

Edited by B-Man
  • Thank you (+1) 3