Liberal Protests

B-Man

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Please leave this crap out of this thread.  We’re actually getting along for once.  There will be a time for politics and discussion of such things as that Warren comment and Trump’s twitter comments from last night.  But that time isn’t now. 

I wish everyone, including Trump, would shut the fvck up and let the legal process play out.

All the evidence in the world is there to bring those cops down.

Everyone needs to calm down.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This is an unusually reasonable take from you.

I'm pleasantly surprised. That said, the cop KNEW the victim, apparently. Makes murder more likely IMO.

Maybe, maybe not.  That’s why we investigate.  

Practically speaking, intentional murder is going to be tough to prove.  You’re going to have to sell a jury on the idea that a cop intended to choke to death the victim in broad daylight in uniform on a somewhat crowded street and while he might have been aware he was being recorded.  Maybe we get more information that would support a murder charge.  I’m still skeptical not that such a charge will be levied (this officer, in addition to being in pretty deep ess, also has become a political football), but that such a charge would stick based on what we’ve seen to this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Maybe, maybe not.  That’s why we investigate.  

Practically speaking, intentional murder is going to be tough to prove.  You’re going to have to sell a jury on the idea that a cop intended to choke to death the victim in broad daylight in uniform on a somewhat crowded street and while he might have been aware he was being recorded.  Maybe we get more information that would support a murder charge.  I’m still skeptical not that such a charge will be levied (this officer, in addition to being in pretty deep ess, also has become a political football), but that such a charge would stick based on what we’ve seen to this point. 

The video evidence shows the cop leaning on Floyd's neck for 8 minutes (give or take).

You might be more of a legal expert than me (I have no idea), but that evidence is there in plain sight to see.

Well, it appears Schefter scooped us again.

But as everyone with an ounce of brain cells in their cranium knew, the police officer, Derrick Chauvin, has been arrested and taken into custody.

Quick take: Burning a neighborhood to the ground and looting was well justified for having to wait 5 days for this arrest to occur.

Edited by dubs

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

I was referring to the specific video I posted. Did you watch it and see the person in question who actually busted out the windows of the Auto Zone? 

I didn't say neo-nazi or skin head. I said white nationalist. And I think there are probably multiple agent provocateurs involved in a lot of the escalation in Minneapolis. 

It's  an antifa idiot. Like Manson wanted to start a race war where he would lead the AA's . They want to start  disorder.

Just now, dubs said:

But as everyone with an ounce of brain cells in the cranium knew, the police officer, Derrick Chauvin, has been arrested and taken into custody.

Quick take: Burning a neighborhood to the ground and looting was well justified for having to wait 5 days for this arrest to occur.

Yeah, burning down black-owned businesses really showed the justification, didn't it? ?

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Peaceful protests vs looters and rioters. End of story. If you can’t see it, you’re blinded by CNN

One group protesting police brutality

The other group shows up w guns because they can’t get a haircut.

One group are thugs

The other are good people.

Jews will not replace us, right?

All good people?

Got it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

But as everyone with an ounce of brain cells in their cranium knew, the police officer, Derrick Chauvin, has been arrested and taken into custody.

Any longer and the looters would be entitled to 70" TV's rather than the 55" TV's that they got. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Yeah, burning down black-owned businesses really showed the justification, didn't it? ?

It's crazy, right?  I mean, once that video came out the reaction was almost unanimous that what happened was abhorrent.  Chauvin was dead man walking from that point on.  Yet, somehow a narrative began that the cop wasn't going to be arrested and all of a sudden Minny turned into a riot zone.

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Did you know that when the NYPD pulled a power move and went on strike to demonstrate their “value” to the communities they “serve” the crime rate actually went down?

Police are thugs.  They voluntarily seek out a job which requires them to infringe on the rights of others as a normal function of their employment, have no duty to protect the public, and know that their criminality is protected by qualified immunity.

They act like an occupying army, rolling around in paramilitary gear with punished logos on it.

The government is bad, and those who volunteer as its enforcers are the worst of the bad.

You and I must have lived in very different places, I am friends with several local cops and they are not as you state here. I think maybe in large cities it is like you say, which is not to say it is acceptable but you are painting with a very wide brush.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

He means paid assets. 

Why let a crisis go to waste, right?

7 minutes ago, dubs said:

It's crazy, right?  I mean, once that video came out the reaction was almost unanimous that what happened was abhorrent.  Chauvin was dead man walking from that point on.  Yet, somehow a narrative began that the cop wasn't going to be arrested and all of a sudden Minny turned into a riot zone.

Those looters could care less about what happened to Floyd. 

It was just a great opportunity to get some free stuff from their local Target. Nothing else.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It was just a great opportunity to get some free stuff from their local Target. Nothing else.

I know, I was being kind of sarcastic.

But also weaving that into the pre-worked narrative/playbook

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

One group protesting police brutality

The other group shows up w guns because they can’t get a haircut.

One group are thugs

The other are good people.

Jews will not replace us, right?

All good people?

Got it.

So how is looting a business part of a protest against police brutality? But I find it sad that you actually think the men who showed up to protest the lockdown were there for haircuts. Those men wanted to be left alone by govt and allowed to open their businesses since they felt the govt was oppressing them. Since peaceful protests are guaranteed by the constitution I support both groups to make their voices heard so long as it is peaceful.

Edited by Buffalo Timmy
Forgot a few words

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

….well at least the Mayor is compassionate about his looters...…..

Minn. mayor gives masks to crowding rioters after warning in-person worship would be 'public health disaster'

By Tyler Olson | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minneapolis-mayor-says-facemasks-given-to-rioters-as-other-residents-told-to-avoid-mass-gatherings

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So how is looting a business part of a protest against police brutality? But I find it sad that you actually think the men who showed up to protest the lockdown were there for haircuts. Those men wanted to be left alone by govt and allowed to open their businesses since they felt the govt was oppressing them. Since peaceful protests are guaranteed by the constitution I support both groups to make their voices heard so long as it is peaceful.

You need to take the liberal mindset into consideration.