Liberal Protests

B-Man

Posted (edited)

How is it that Fetterman goes 10x harder on these communists than any Republican in the Senate… by a lot. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

"MOSTLY PEACEFUL"

Reflecting On The Minneapolis Riots Four Years Later

JULIO ROSAS

8c174249-91d2-46d8-bff4-7be5c3551019_404

I had been on the ground for hours outside the Minneapolis Police’s Third Precinct on May 28, 2020. It had been a surreal day. Growing up, I saw the Ferguson (2014) and Baltimore (2015) riots on the news. I had read about the 1992 Los Angeles riots. Even back then and long before I knew I would enter journalism, I wanted to be there for those historic moments.

Now, here I was at the epicenter of the chaos that was taking over nearly every major city in the United States. The evening before my flight to Minneapolis, I covered a BLM protest in downtown Los Angeles. Tensions were high. An American flag was burned. LAPD donned on riot gear and pushed angry protesters away from city hall.

But that paled in comparison to what I had witnessed on May 28. The radical elements within the city and beyond seemed to be converging on Lake Street and Minnehaha Avenue. Beyond a Minneapolis police convoy that quickly retreated just as quickly as they appeared, because of the mob attacking them, there was no authority to keep people safe. If you needed help, you were on your own.

It all culminated when the Third Precinct was attacked after the sun went down. Despite holding onto the building for days against the odds, officers were about to be overrun. Multiple times I heard rioters wanting to set the building on fire with the officers still inside. Mayor Jacob Frey ordered the officers to evacuate.

To highlight how much the rioters wanted to keep the officers trapped in the building’s perimeter, someone chained the back gate, forcing police to ram it to allow the evacuation to continue. After the officers were gone, the rioters’ dream became reality after the infamous fire was set. The crowd became ecstatic at the flames. They took selfies with the fire in the background. Fireworks were set off in the air.

9228e5d1-352d-464a-b1b3-6e3fee662681_384

https://juliorosas.substack.com/p/reflecting-on-the-minneapolis-riots