The Poisoning of a Population: The Flint Water Crisis

For a bunch of "smart guys" here - why none of you do any research fails me - but when you already have it all figgered out....

- Detroit overcharges for supply of water

- Flint goes to Flint river to save money

- Experts say you have to treat water

- GOP City manager and GOP Governor ignore experts - decide your own motivations

- Lead poising to kids

- Congress modified the safe drinking water act https://www.epa.gov/sdwato give the states more power and oversight to meet the guidelines set by the EPA

- Under this legislation (GOP pushed) - the EPA cannot "jump" in to rescue places like Flint - they have to defer to the states to get it done

- MI GOP feeds EPA crap information

- EPA can't intervene and fix problem

I ask you - where is the problem?

When we do our research we provide links to prove it.

I see a laundry list of Baskin statements without any corroboration.

there is the problem.

There is plenty of blame to go around to all sides...............failure of government at all levels.

This problem did not just happen in the past year as some here suggest..............and it sure as hell wasn't due to RACISM, as the media and dems were very quick to suggest at the beginning

From previous posts.

EPA email: "I'm not so sure Flint is the community we want to go out on a limb for"

The EPA's Flint Abdication - WSJ :

http://fivethirtyeig...risis-michigan/

http://www.redstate....n-crisis-money/

Edited by B-Man

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're saying is that FEMA shouldn't be blamed for the Katrina response?

Yes. I never piled onto that dog poo the anti-Dubya crowd was spewing. I just piled onto the "Brownie you are doing a heck of a job!" pile of poo!

We all knew FEMA was doing a piss poor job, heck who's blaming them?

A lib refusing to take the blame for something? Shocking.

In this case it is the opposite... The buck stops at the Gov.

If they had let the EPA intervene sooner, the residents would have been tipped off by the orange water coming out of the faucet.

Orange is a sign of Fe. Clear water Fe... Or worse, not so "clear water."

It only takes about .7ppm Fe to stain. Yes, I got that right... POINT .7ppm.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yes. I never piled onto that dog poo the anti-Dubya crowd was spewing. I just piled onto the "Brownie you are doing a heck of a job!" pile of poo!

We all knew FEMA was doing a piss poor job, heck who's blaming them?

In this case it is the opposite... The buck stops at the Gov.

Didn't the governor already take responsibility? A lot of people are taking blame, just not on the Democratic side.

Didn't the governor already take responsibility? A lot of people are taking blame, just not on the Democratic side.

Of course not... The Dems like to spend, everybody would have had a whole house reverse osmosis (RO) unit put into their house. Of course with the largest, extra capacity 800 gallon holding tank. Then throw in free filter changes for life!

God forbid, poor people have one of those bad boys... A home Aquafina unit, to wash their car, dog, and flush their toilet.

Problem solved!

;-P

Of course not... The Dems like to spend, everybody would have had a whole house reverse osmosis (RO) unit put into their house. Of course with the largest, extra capacity 800 gallon holding tank. Then throw in free filter changes for life!

God forbid, poor people have one of those bad boys... A home Aquafina unit, to wash their car, dog, and flush their toilet.

Problem solved!

;-P

This is what you post on PPP and expect to be taken seriously? This schit would be even laughed out of the Shoutbox.

This is what you post on PPP and expect to be taken seriously? This schit would be even laughed out of the Shoutbox.

& you really think I am serious?? Wait till you read this... LoL

This is how much it will cost to fix this clusterphuck, because the Repubs were cheap. We all know Repubs are cheap and Dems spend other people's $$money$$ wildy. The cost is now going to be $1.5 billion. "You can pay me now OR you can ALWAYS pay me more later." I think that's how the old Fram commercial went:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/01/07/flint-water/78404218/

If the Dems would have just went hog wild and spent while giving everbody RO, it would have costed: 500 million. Heck, they can still give everybody RO and keep pumping from The Flint.

Figure approx. $5,000 per person @ 100,000 people in Flint.

And that is 5k per person. So, let's conservatively cut that in half... Say 2 people to a house, because you know, "lot's" of those pesky minorities & illegals (like The Donald would say) tend to live in one house. Okay, it's the gov't, let's go back to 500 million, what's 250 million between friends?

You know, those damn Dems like to spend hog wild and those Repubs like to cut corners... That's a savings of 1 billion for the piggy spenders over the skinflints (hey, there is a funny pun in there).

Problem solved... Everybody gets RO, heck, they can pump it straight from the sewer if they wanted to... Well not really, gotta still watch out for those pesky viruses... ;-)

Problem solved! Forward w/savings and slashing public utilities! :-/ :-/

Heck, might as well throw UV protection in there gratis...

Children tested for lead in Newark, New Jersey

(CNN)Voluntary blood testing began Thursday for Newark public school students, a day after officials announced that lead levels in the district's water have been elevated since at least 2012.

Of 66 schools, 30 locations have tested positive for lead exposure over the federal legal limit of 15 parts per billion. Lead levels as high as 558 parts per billion were measured, but most results were below 100 parts per billion.

The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and Newark Public Schools say they took quick action after learning the results of water testing. The school system shut off all drinking fountains last week at the affected schools and is providing alternate sources of water. The DEP also announced it has developed a new water testing regimen for all Newark Public Schools.

(CNN)Voluntary blood testing began Thursday for Newark public school students, a day after officials announced that lead levels in the district's water have been elevated since at least 2012.
Of 66 schools, 30 locations have tested positive for lead exposure over the federal legal limit of 15 parts per billion. Lead levels as high as 558 parts per billion were measured, but most results were below 100 parts per billion.
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and Newark Public Schools say they took quick action after learning the results of water testing. The school system shut off all drinking fountains last week at the affected schools and is providing alternate sources of water. The DEP also announced it has developed a new water testing regimen for all Newark Public Schools.

They're doing that here in the Princeton public schools too. It's the latest rage. It's the asbestos scare/hysteria all over again. Makes parents nervous.

You seem like a victim of lead poisoning

3/21/16: Gator "wrote" two new jokes (Freedumb -- stolen from VEEP, and variations of "you have lead poisoning").

This further demonstrates what everyone already knows about Gator, he's an unoriginal hack who takes pleasure in laughing over Americans getting sick because their government couldn't even keep their drinking water clean. This is highly ironic since Gator is such a lover of all things big government and claims more government is always the answer. Did I say ironic? I meant sadistic.

In the last few days Gator's made public his desire to see a mass casualty event at the GOP republican convention, laughed over people drinking poisoned water, and when confronted with these truths he's lied and denied ever saying them.

Gator is the most angry extremist on this forum. I fear for the safety of those around him, he really should get some help.

Most cities in the US probably have problems with lead levels in the drinking water. Even if the main municipal system has been replaced, that rarely goes as far as the household distribution pipes.

3/21/16: Gator "wrote" two new jokes (Freedumb -- stolen from VEEP, and variations of "you have lead poisoning").

This further demonstrates what everyone already knows about Gator, he's an unoriginal hack who takes pleasure in laughing over Americans getting sick because their government couldn't even keep their drinking water clean. This is highly ironic since Gator is such a lover of all things big government and claims more government is always the answer. Did I say ironic? I meant sadistic.

In the last few days Gator's made public his desire to see a mass casualty event at the GOP republican convention, laughed over people drinking poisoned water, and when confronted with these truths he's lied and denied ever saying them.

Gator is the most angry extremist on this forum. I fear for the safety of those around him, he really should get some help.

Why even bother?

Most cities in the US probably have problems with lead levels in the drinking water. Even if the main municipal system has been replaced, that rarely goes as far as the household distribution pipes.

Yep! And probably in Flint before all this. Lot of old houses even with cooper pipes might have used lead solder (solder has been "Pb free" for a long time now). Cu came into prominence during the 50's and 60's... In an out of the Cu shortages. My parent's house was constructed in the early 60's during a Cu shortage... It has Copper pipes BUT aluminum electrical wiring. Lots of houses before that were built w/threaded galvanized pipe, prior being lead. My work site was started in 1958... Main building uses threaded galvanized.

They are even saying too much Cu is problematic and may cause more Alzheimer's... Then there is the modern plastics, that was a mess early on. Who knows how that will turn out? I think Pex is relatively safe?

If it ain't one thing, it's another....

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Why even bother?

Perhaps seeing it in black and white will spark a bit of self reflection in Gator. The odds are slim but the payoff could mean a welcome respite from his asshatting for at least a few weeks until he takes another puck to the (empty) head. If not, it serves as a cheat sheet for any drop-by-lurkers that may be unfamiliar with his work.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Perhaps seeing it in black and white will spark a bit of self reflection in Gator. The odds are slim but the payoff could mean a welcome respite from his asshatting for at least a few weeks until he takes another puck to the (empty) head. If not, it serves as a cheat sheet for any drop-by-lurkers that may be unfamiliar with his work.

Gator with poppy head in.....3.....2......1.........