Saw The Who last night

The Poojer

Holy Crap can those old dudes rock! Rodgers voice was on point, Pete was just killing it out there, 2.5 straight hours of great Who songs and everyone was joining in on the singing. No encore but a very heartfelt goodbye from both of them. I wasn't expecting that good a show from them. I had my 2 oldest with me, i told them before the show started "keep in mind, they are the same age as Grandma & Grandpa"....my mother wasn't amused when I texted her that message :-)

my expectations were medium simply based on nostalgia, i expected a low key evening, i was pleasantly surprised, blown away in fact. Bonus was Tal Wilkenfeld as the opening act....didn't realize there was an opener.

Saw them last spring...they were awesome...and I have to tell you, I went in with very low expectations.

my expectations were medium simply based on nostalgia, i expected a low key evening, i was pleasantly surprised, blown away in fact. Bonus was Tal Wilkenfeld as the opening act....didn't realize there was an opener.

I had seen them earlier in this millennium (2001 I think...) and it was pretty painful. I almost didn't go, but the venue they were playing at was offering dirt cheap tickets at the last minute...I got a ticket in the nose-bleeds for about $15...I kept reminding myself how much I loved that band back in the day, and there wouldn't likely be too many more opportunities to see them...so glad I did. When I saw them, Joan Jett opened up...she was great as an opening act!

The House of Guitars in Rochester had John Entwistle in some years ago when they tried to break the Guinness Book of World Records for the loudest sound produced indoors. Bruce said John was just about deaf at that point.

Would loved to have seen that show in Philly!

how odd you mention HoG....guy behind me was wearing a HoG hoodie...i commented on it, said i had been there before, being from CNY

The House of Guitars in Rochester had John Entwistle in some years ago when they tried to break the Guinness Book of World Records for the loudest sound produced indoors. Bruce said John was just about deaf at that point.

Would loved to have seen that show in Philly!

also funny you mention stoners....walking out of the show afterwards and the usual pretzel and woodder vendors are outside peddling their wares. As we passed one guy he grumbled under his breath, due to lack of sales, "these f***ers aren't stoned, this sucks". :-)....fwiw, there was plenty of hippy lettuce being consumed in our section.

Their commercials in the 70's were made for stoners. Hell I was a stoner in the 70's and they freaked me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0czZmnMdSJs

also funny you mention stoners....walking out of the show afterwards and the usual pretzel and woodder vendors are outside peddling their wares. As we passed one guy he grumbled under his breath, due to lack of sales, "these f***ers aren't stoned, this sucks". :-)....fwiw, there was plenty of hippy lettuce being consumed in our section.

I went to The String Cheese Incident last Friday. Holy crap! The weirdest most bizarre group of people I've ever seen. It was like these people never left the 60's. Funny though didn't smell or see a lot of weed being smoked. My wife said it was because they were all on acid.

I was just to the right of the woman on the far right in the pink scarf. And these were the normal looking people.

http://www.jambase.com/article/string-cheese-incident-continues-march-madness-oakland-santa-barbara#bwg192/5172

are string cheese fans part of the whole nitrous mafia/hippie crack scene? that **** is cray-cray, for the record, I love hippie chicks

I went to The String Cheese Incident last Friday. Holy crap! The weirdest most bizarre group of people I've ever seen. It was like these people never left the 60's. Funny though didn't smell or see a lot of weed being smoked. My wife said it was because they were all on acid.

I was just to the right of the woman on the far right in the pink scarf. And these were the normal looking people.

http://www.jambase.com/article/string-cheese-incident-continues-march-madness-oakland-santa-barbara#bwg192/5172

Edited by The Poojer

are string cheese fans part of the whole nitrous mafia/hippie crack scene? that **** is cray-cray, for the record, I love hippie chicks

I have no idea what their scene is but I've seen fewer costumes at a Halloween show. And my wife pointed out that it was strange they shaved their pits. LOL!

how odd you mention HoG....guy behind me was wearing a HoG hoodie...i commented on it, said i had been there before, being from CNY

:lol: I bought a number of guitars there over the years and hundreds of vinyl LPs back in the day.

:lol: I bought a number of guitars there over the years and hundreds of vinyl LPs back in the day.

Bought a bunch of drum **** there and lots of albums. I remember they had a huge display as you walked in of Frampton Comes Alive. I saw that cover and though I had never heard of him or the album I bought it. Marketing genius!

Bought a bunch of drum **** there and lots of albums. I remember they had a huge display as you walked in of Frampton Comes Alive. I saw that cover and though I had never heard of him or the album I bought it. Marketing genius!

Armand Schaurbroeck Steals! Lots of great memories from there. Yes, Armand and Bruce tapped into the right vibe. That place was always cranking.

Armand Schaurbroeck Steals! Lots of great memories from there. Yes, Armand and Bruce tapped into the right vibe. That place was always cranking.

I grew up in the boonies so when we drove in to Rochester to go there it was an event.

• 2 weeks later...

it was completely entertaining, wasn't it!!! Glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Was blown away by this show last night in Denver

If you're in WNY and have an opportunity to catch the show in Toronto on 4/26...

believe me you will get your moneys worth

it was completely entertaining, wasn't it!!! Glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Funny I saw UM last week and thought they were looking old. No thanks regarding The Who. :lol:

I was never a big Who fan but I did see Gov't Mule do a Halloween (Muleoween) show and the second set was Who's Next from start to finish and that was pretty fantastic.