Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

Which of those three franchises have ever put together a run that even approaches what New England has done for the last 15 or so years?

Winning Super Bowls is a combination of skill, luck, and injuries. Consistently making the playoffs in a cap-age is insane.

Lombardi's Packers dominated for several years with NFL Championships and 2 Super Bowls while the Steelers and 49ers each won 4 Super Bowls with zero losses. Then there is the factor of rampant cheating with razor thin victories in Super Bowls. IMO they aren't even close to those other dynasties.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lombardi's Packers dominated for several years with NFL Championships and 2 Super Bowls while the Steelers and 49ers each won 4 Super Bowls with zero losses. Then there is the factor of rampant cheating with razor thin victories in Super Bowls. IMO they aren't even close to those other dynasties.

Since the cap was implemented, none of those franchises have been consistent winners.

If we want to add cheating to the equation, the Steelers might have been the most juiced team in the history of professional sports,

Razor-thin victories are now a negative?

Since the cap was implemented, none of those franchises have been consistent winners.

If we want to add cheating to the equation, the Steelers might have been the most juiced team in the history of professional sports,

Razor-thin victories are now a negative?

For the purpose of comparison to the dominance that the other teams I mentioned....absolutely.

I like Hogan and wish him well. He was a nice complementary player whose loss we can withstand. If not, we're really in a LOT of trouble. The Pats weren't going to overpay in a thin WR FA market. And, as a bonus, Bellicheat gets to screw with us ... again--he gets to double down on the Chandler signing last year (though Hogan's numbers will surely be better--more targets).

Think Whaley must believe we can replace Hogan easily--Salas (he looked pretty good and that was with no time with the team)--if not, maybe Boykin or Little bounce back to what they once looked like they were gonna be.

24 pages on this and counting--man, it's gonna be a long and boring offseason!

Hogan is meh on a good day

L to the O to the L at all these Hogan superfans that came out of the closet the last 2 days.

I think it's interesting that people think a 28 year old Chris Hogan is going to blossom into some great threat in New England.

L to the O to the L at all these Hogan superfans that came out of the closet the last 2 days.

Agree 100% Hogan is a training camp monster and gets overrated by a lot of Bills fans because of what he does in training camp.

Apparently Belichik's kids played Lax and he loves lax players - per WEEI. So he's been obsessed with getting hogan for years.

It's the new Rex loves Clemson players because his kid plays there

Im honestly happy for Hogan. He works hard, gets open and has room to grow being that he only played 1 year in college ball. I was pissed about the drops this year till I found out about the wrist injury. Playing in the Brady system is gonna make him improve. Hell see a lot more targets then he did here and he got a life changing contract, good for him. I bet the cheatriots throw him 2 TDs next season against us out of typical Pats spite. Remember how many times they tried to feed the ball to Chandler in the end zone last season? Too bad Chandler is still Chandler though hahaa.

I have been "out" as a Hogan fan for two years.

Two years ago I was told he was camp fodder with no upside. I was right they were wrong.

Last pre-season I was told no team in the league would value him enough to give $2m plus. I was right they were wrong.

I said he would make a bigger contribution than Percy Harvin who would either get hurt, flame out or both. I was right they were wrong.

I was also told last pre-season that he is no more than a back up wide receiver for most of the league when I argued that he'd be a #3 at worst for over half of it. Seems that yet again I right they were wrong.

Even last week I said I thought paying him this year was a luxury the Bills probably couldn't afford and I was told not to be so stupid Chris Hogan could never be a luxury.

Too many Bills fans have underrated Chris Hogan at every single turn. There are some still pissed that he was kept and their darling D'Rick was released, others just see a try hard white guy and presume he lacks physical gifts.

I expect him to succeed in New England and part of me will be pleased for him when he does.. maybe that fanbase will appreciate him. However, I am not going to route for him... I don't route for Patriots.

For some odd reason, I trust Bill Belichek's opinion over yours.

Like Chad Jackson, The worst version of Ochocinco, Taylor Price, Brandon Tate, Brandon Lafell, Aaron Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins and co ?

Okay. Belichecks the best at everything when he's knows your plays.

Two years ago I was told he was camp fodder with no upside. I was right they were wrong.

Last pre-season I was told no team in the league would value him enough to give $2m plus. I was right they were wrong.

I said he would make a bigger contribution than Percy Harvin who would either get hurt, flame out or both. I was right they were wrong.

I was also told last pre-season that he is no more than a back up wide receiver for most of the league when I argued that he'd be a #3 at worst for over half of it. Seems that yet again I right they were wrong.

Even last week I said I thought paying him this year was a luxury the Bills probably couldn't afford and I was told not to be so stupid Chris Hogan could never be a luxury.

Too many Bills fans have underrated Chris Hogan at every single turn. There are some still pissed that he was kept and their darling D'Rick was released, others just see a try hard white guy and presume he lacks physical gifts.

I expect him to succeed in New England and part of me will be pleased for him when he does.. maybe that fanbase will appreciate him. However, I am not going to route for him... I don't route for Patriots.

Ok dude, we get it - YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BELIEVED.

None of it really matters. Hogan isn't worth that much to the Bills, he just isn't, based on the way they design their offense. It'll all be ok...

This post borders on the vainglorious! :lol:

Good luck to Chris H.

He seems to be both over-rated and under valued by us Bills fans.

Still no way to match that contract. IMO he seems like a good player to help a good team but not a difference maker to put a weak team over the top.

but still a good hard working team player the Pats. love

Side note the Pats always seem to get a player from the teams they play which know their schemes

Good luck to Chris H.

He seems to be both over-rated and under valued by us Bills fans.

Still no way to match that contract. IMO he seems like a good player to help a good team but not a difference maker to put a weak team over the top.

but still a good hard working team player the Pats. love

Side note the Pats always seem to get a player from the teams they play which know their schemes

I agree with much of this. On the last point about knowing our schemes, I suspect that Roman at least may be smart enough to understand that and counter a bit.