What does this year's Free Agency do to Tyrod's value?

I think it becomes more and more obvious that the smart thing to do for the cap stessed Bills is to let Tyrod play out his cheap deal.

However, with the cash being spent on decent QB options (Bradford, Osweiler) what is Tyrod worth if he duplicate his 2015 season next year???

Probably 18m per year, which we can't afford.

Do we do something crazy and trade him to Denver now, and try to draft someone?

Do we go forward with the current plan of waiting?

Do we cut more people and try to lock him up now?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade the first qb that looks like he could be a perennial top 10 qb, because of money???? Calling that dumb would be understatement of the decade

I think it becomes more and more obvious that the smart thing to do for the cap stessed Bills is to let Tyrod play out his cheap deal.

However, with the cash being spent on decent QB options (Bradford, Osweiler) what is Tyrod worth if he duplicate his 2015 season next year???

Probably 18m per year, which we can't afford.

Do we do something crazy and trade him to Denver now, and try to draft someone?

Do we go forward with the current plan of waiting?

Do we cut more people and try to lock him up now?

Trade the first qb that looks like he could be a perennial top 10 qb, because of money???? Calling that dumb would be understatement of the decade

It seems like so many Bills' fans 1st reaction to a player who becomes good is "trade him".

Can't afford?

The cap space for next year is near $60 million. The Bills can afford to sign Glenn and Gilmore long term and if Tyrod has a good year can definitely afford him.

Yep.

Even if you assume gargantuan pay days for each of them ($13M each for Glenn/Gilmore, and $22M for Tyrod), you're still only consuming $48M for those 3 guys.

That leaves $12M in space before you part ways with Kyle ($7M savings) and Corey Graham ($5M savings).

Yep.

Even if you assume gargantuan pay days for each of them ($13M each for Glenn/Gilmore, and $22M for Tyrod), you're still only consuming $48M for those 3 guys.

That leaves $12M in space before you part ways with Kyle ($7M savings) and Corey Graham ($5M savings).

Of course the front office at OBD has projections on how all of this will play out and they will be prepared.

If he plays well I hope we get something done before he hits FA, I don't want to be left at the alter like good ole Brock Star just did to Denver.

We won't...assuming we get a deal done with Gilmore and Glenn, we won't have another key FA hitting the market, so he can be tagged.