Incognito signs 3 year deal with bills

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, it wasn't just one instance. It was a pattern. He was kicked out of multiple colleges. He bounced around the NFL because he took stupid penalties and got into it with coaches. He got voted dirtiest player in the league. There were allegations he sexually harassed a female at a Fins golf tourney.

Like I said earlier, I genuinely hope he has changed his life and good for him if he did. But he did a lot more than just the Martin incident and it's not crazy that some fans might have been skeptical of him. He's even said as much.

He has admitted about his mindset was out of balance, and with help he was able to become a pro on and off the field..

I thought very little of even before the Martin incident. Thats why it's a great story leading up his success getting this contract. Pegulas Whaley Ryan Roman took

the bet and he came through with flying colors.

@AaronWilson_NFL

Richhie Incognito three-yr $11.5 million Bills deal, $5.45M guaranteed, salaries of $2M, $3.175M, $6.325 million, annual $100K workout bonus

$11.5M??? I thought it was $15.75M. Perhaps Wilson did not get the full breakdown as the signing bonus is missing. Guaranteed money can be a combo of signing bonus and salary.

@AaronWilson_NFL

Richie Incognito $15.75 million deal includes $3.45 million signing bonus, salaries of $2M, $3.175M, $6.325M; $5.45M guaranteed

That's more like it. Basically a two year deal for $9.125M total (when $500k roster bonus is included) That's a great deal for the Bills. Whaley did well here. $3.125M cap hit this year. Edited by BarleyNY

I'm actually in shock. I was bracing myself for about $12-13m in a front-loaded deal.

I thought it'd cost the Bills more early too. I expected closer to $11M in payouts over the first two years. He's sure worth that. RI gave a nice discount to the Bills.

$11.5M??? I thought it was $15.75M. Perhaps Wilson did not get the full breakdown as the signing bonus is missing. Guaranteed money can be a combo of signing bonus and salary.

Well, if you add up the base salaries, you get $11.5M, so I'm assuming it's $15.75M, $11.5M of which comes in base salaries, and $4.75M in signing bonus. The remaining $700k of guaranteed comes in annual workout bonuses and roster bonuses.

So that would mean something like this:

2016 - $2M base + $1.583M signing + $100k workout = $3.683M cap hit

2017 - $3.175M base + $1.583M signing + $100k workout + $200k guaranteed roster bonus = $5.058M cap hit

2018 - $6.325M base + $1.583M signing + $100k workout + $200k guaranteed roster bonus = $8.208M cap hit

Cutting Richie before the 2018 season would result in a dead money hit of $1.783M, so approximately $6.5M in cap savings.

Essentially, if Wilson's numbers are correct, then it's a 2-year deal worth just under $10M to Richie

I thought it'd cost the Bills more early too. I expected closer to $11M in payouts over the first two years. He's sure worth that. RI gave a nice discount to the Bills.

A deal made me happy. I like Richie Incognito. I feel positive about the Bills.

I need a nap in a dark room.