FA NT Damon Harrison

YoloinOhio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called the draft.

Or maybe a NT-type guy who might come cheap later in FA.

Oh totally, I was just surprised he got scooped up so quickly and overreacted. I liked him as a possibility for us.

Honestly, to me these numbers are meaningless. And I expect for many of you too.

But it's hard not to oggle the amounts.

I just wish, though, that we could see what these salaries were as a percentage/percentile relative to team salary.

That would give us a better indication of their worth.

I would like the signing. The Bills could use someone that could fill that pure NT Role. Kyle and Dareus would be better off playing more outside in certain situations. I thought the Bills missed the boat not having one on the roster last year.

yep. He's good, but played 50% of snaps for Jets.

Overpaying in free agency is normal but they basically paid him double his worth.......and that is assuming that he even plays up to what I think is his ceiling...........which frankly isn't Ted Washington-esque.

Is it just me or are a bunch of traditionally thrifty franchises now bidding each other up in free agency........in part because they need talent.......but also because they realize they need to reach the 3 year cap floor number pretty soon and there aren't many places where they can even half-rationalize spending it?

The days when teams will be able to casually roll into free agency with 70 million in unspent cap space are coming to an end.

That's why the NFLPA(and some wealthy owners) wanted teams to spend 90% of their cap room over a 3 year period.

Salaries will keep rising but we've seen spikes like these in the past as teams adjust to significant cap policy adjustments.......and in the following years salaries tend to level back off for a while.