Vikings may cut Matt Kalil

Father Frank drafted by the Bills, played with Kelly on the Gamblers. Frank is a huge Bills fan, Matt was a fan growing up and would go to Bills games on the West Coast.

Matt a former top five pick, had a down year. Could come in at a decent price on a team he grew up rooting for.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7410/matt-kalil

Father Frank drafted by the Bills, played with Kelly on the Gamblers. Frank is a huge Bills fan, Matt was a fan growing up and would go to Bills games on the West Coast.

Matt a former top five pick, had a down year. Could come in at a decent price on a team he grew up rooting for.

I think he'd immediately be one of the top LTs in the FA class along with Glenn and Okung.

Probably too much money to get him to come here, unless the plan was to let Glenn walk.

I am hoping we can re-sign Cog and Cordy asap! And I am hoping after that, we shore up RT before the draft. That would allow us to focus almost exclusively on defense with the draft. Kalil would be solid at RT for us next season

I think he'd immediately be one of the top LTs in the FA class along with Glenn and Okung.

Probably too much money to get him to come here, unless the plan was to let Glenn walk.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Matt Vensel expects the Vikings to release at least one of LT Matt Kalil or RT Phil Loadholt.
Kalil was the fourth overall pick in the 2012 draft and is set to count $11.096 million against the cap after the Vikings exercised his fifth-year option last offseason. Minnesota can clear the entire $11.096 million off the salary cap by releasing Kalil. He's started all 64 games since entering the NFL, but Kalil has been horrific in pass protection. He may eventually have to play the right side. Kalil received above-average run-blocking marks from PFF. Feb 12 - 9:50 AM

I am hoping we can re-sign Cog and Cordy asap! And I am hoping after that, we shore up RT before the draft. That would allow us to focus almost exclusively on defense with the draft. Kalil would be solid at RT for us next season

I doubt we can afford Glenn, Cog and Kalil.

He is so so so awful

True. He may have had lingering injuries last season. Bull rush, and speed hurt his play. If he gets cut it would be interesting to see if he could push for a starting spot at T or G.

Overall, his play last season could bring his price down. But, with good coaching he could improve his technique. Not saying he could be a starter, but he has potential.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Glenn isn't going to be an FA...either they resign him early or he gets tagged

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Matt Vensel expects the Vikings to release at least one of LT Matt Kalil or RT Phil Loadholt.
Kalil was the fourth overall pick in the 2012 draft and is set to count $11.096 million against the cap after the Vikings exercised his fifth-year option last offseason. Minnesota can clear the entire $11.096 million off the salary cap by releasing Kalil. He's started all 64 games since entering the NFL, but Kalil has been horrific in pass protection. He may eventually have to play the right side. Kalil received above-average run-blocking marks from PFF. Feb 12 - 9:50 AM

He's a guy that's been a starter at LT for several seasons; he'll be signed by someone.

Glenn isn't going to be an FA...either they resign him early or he gets tagged

That's what I've been saying all along--my point was that they wouldn't sign Kalil unless the plan was to let Glenn walk.

I would still like to see another RT or G drafted

Preferably RT

CBF

If Glenn will sign a long deal that gives the Bills a little wiggle room is 15 then you tag him. A tackle could fall into thier lap in this draft in the first or second round, in which case you can move on from Glenn and reinvest his money elsewhwere. It is a big game of wack a mole everyyear. This year we need to keep him.

The market for Gilmore is pretty well established it will come down to the Bills paying and Gilmore wanting to stay .

Incognito should be the first chip to fall.

As for Kali , I am not sure the Bills will have a dime to spend on Free agnet but as poor as he played he still would be an upgrade over the yearly mess at Right tackle He should be cheap but how cheap would be the question

The Vikings are a decently run franchise, and they know FAR more about Kalil than anyone else. They cut him for a reason, and they probably thought it through. One man's trash isn't always another man's treasure.

Has to be better than our RTs

kalil should have to pay the team that signs him, not the other way around

tell us how you really feel :D

He's a guy that's been a starter at LT for several seasons; he'll be signed by someone.

That's what I've been saying all along--my point was that they wouldn't sign Kalil unless the plan was to let Glenn walk.

Agreed and agreed. Glenn is much better than Kalil.

I don't see any scenario Kalil is here since someone desperate will pay him big money. We can't afford him. And, he would play RT too for that big cash.